The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can be proud of that performance, went a lot better than expected especially after how the first 10 minutes went. 

Now back to league business...

McPake must be on the brink surely which i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Can be proud of that performance, went a lot better than expected especially after how the first 10 minutes went. 

Now back to league business...

McPake must be on the brink surely which i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

You'd think, but this is the same board who let Peter Grant stay well after his time should've been up.

The Boy, Roxanne and I thoroughly enjoyed that today. As Ayr fans, we were heard loud and proud 👍

Had a lovely couple in front of us, had a white hat with 'Captain' on it, gave us a good laugh through the match, giving my boy sweets and jokingly bamming up the Sevco fans. How it should be.

However, like every team, there's always wee plonkers. I swear if I didn't have two police officers and a blue net to cross, I'd have scudded the wee b*****d. By all means, bam up the opposite team fans but ffs find the boundaries. Grabbing your willy and shouting at an eight year old to 'Suck it' is fucking pathetic. 

Now, I don't hide my hatred for Sevco fans. It's well beyond hatred now.

Despite that wee tadger, who's face will be engrained on my mind for a while, I am so Proud of my Team, so proud of the Ayr fans and proud to be part of it.

We are the super Ayr! I'm proud to be an Ayr supporter ⚪⚫⚪⚫

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Sounds like Tomlinson is now our back up right back… 

I'm not that concerned about that. Played well up against Matondo who's a quality player and didn't look to out of place. 

McHugh, Stanger, Sanders, and Musonda can also play there so if it doesn't work out we have other options. Getting a new backup left back in is more important.

3 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

I'm not that concerned about that. Played well up against Matondo who's a quality player and didn't look to out of place. 

McHugh, Stanger, Sanders, and Musonda can also play there so if it doesn't work out we have other options. Getting a new backup left back in is more important.

I would be fine with it if we had a competent first choice…

Matondo was absolutely horrific when he came on, but Tomlinson obviously did well. He will have a ton of defensive work to do if we want to develop him into that position though!

I think we still need to improve the starting eleven, as opposed to back ups though. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Sounds like Tomlinson is now our back up right back… 

Based on tonight I’d have him as our starting right back. 

You’d think after tonight and we see exactly how much we’ve banked we’ll make a couple of signings. Right back and an attacking midfielder is all I’m asking. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You’d think after tonight and we see exactly how much we’ve banked we’ll make a couple of signings. Right back and an attacking midfielder is all I’m asking. 

Tomlinson is very raw, but it kind of suited him as Matondo is basically all pace. I would be interested to see him getting on the overlap. 

McAllister was better second half tbf. 

Me too - although given we stuck with Mackenzie off Dowds tonight I’m not sure we need the attacking midfielder… 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Tomlinson is very raw, but it kind of suited him as Matondo is basically all pace. I would be interested to see him getting on the overlap. 

McAllister was better second half tbf. 

Me too - although given we stuck with Mackenzie off Dowds tonight I’m not sure we need the attacking midfielder… 

I think McKenzie is fine in that role, in these games but we could do with someone whose final ball is better and is a bit more of a threat. I think attacks tend to break down with McKenzie going forward but there’s no doubt he’s quite good at sticking on the oppositions deepest midfielder to try and stop their build up play. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Some one similar to Kerr McInroy would be perfect for the way Brown is setting up does not need to have a lot pace but can pick a pass and has decent shot on him.

Edited by Superhursty7

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think McKenzie is fine in that role, in these games but we could do with someone whose final ball is better and is a bit more of a threat. I think attacks tend to break down with McKenzie going forward but there’s no doubt he’s quite good at sticking on the oppositions deepest midfielder to try and stop their build up play. 

Yeah - I just meant that McKenzie is more of a second striker but does obviously drop in at times too. Plus we have brought in Willoughby. 

I agree with your points, and ideally we would have a bit more quality in there. 

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I don't think we'll sign anyone else this season tbh that's us done

Yeah Brown said something about the money from this tie being useful for summer recruitment. I took that as a hint that our recruitment is done for the season.

18 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I don't think we'll sign anyone else this season tbh that's us done

IMO, that would be a huge risk in terms of our survival this season. 

Five out, and two in wouldn’t exactly be backing the new manager either - particularly given today’s tie. 

At the moment it’s hard to argue that our squad has improved, our starting side certainly hasn’t and that is very poor considering the issues we have. 

ETA, it’s three in - so stronger at CB. 

Edited by No_Problemo

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

IMO, that would be a huge risk in terms of our survival this season. 

Five out, and two in wouldn’t exactly be backing the new manager either - particularly given today’s tie. 

At the moment it’s hard to argue that our squad has improved, our starting side certainly hasn’t and that is very poor considering the issues we have. 

It's the middle of February. The notion that there will be any sort of season-changing right backs or strikers waiting to get loaned out at this point (and that Ayr's somewhat temperamental scouting system would have identified them) seems unlikely.

Today's performance sounded hugely encouraging. Big move to bench Albinson and it was rewarded. It very much seems like Brown's getting people to step up.

Beat Airdrie next week and things begin to look a lot more promising, especially if Dunfermline continue to self-implode.

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The squad hasn't changed much, but the organisation of them has changed dramatically and IMO is more than enough to survive this league this year. What I think is more important is the process of recruitment for next season as we aim to progress. It cannot be anything like this years 

1 hour ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Hugely proud of that today. Sounds stupid but seeing a performance like that makes me feel like we’re coming home with a win, because things are looking up now.

Great atmosphere in the away end and the mutants in close proximity were foaming at the mouth all game (see below).

C6454321-79E6-4934-A336-64C57859B862.mov 6.92 MB · 13 downloads  

I was also very close to that mutant. An absolute nutter. There were a good number of those weirdos that didn't watch the game, just spent the whole time trying to wind up folk that couldn't have cared less. 

They then got very animated when the "walking away is the Rangers way" and "you're no Rangers anymore" were sung. They all claim that stuff doesn't bother them, but it very clearly does. Pleasing.

I thought we gave a good account of ourselves today. Felt we maybe could have pushed a bit more, in the second half especially, because I really don't think they were anything special - but overall I thought we played the game well. The early goal had me worried but we recovered well and defended our box excellently for long spells.

One of those games where a wee deflection or the ball breaking favourably on one of our forays forward could have really made things interesting. Couple of moments where I thought we were on the cusp of getting a goal.

An excellent support through today, always good to see. Hopefully some of the fair weather folks get sucked in by the improved atmosphere and feeling around the club and start coming along more. I guess it's probably a silly thing to be pleased about, but I was genuinely really happy seeing our away end still very full at the last whistle, giving the players applause and a good bit of singing too. The home end was empty by the time the ref finished blowing the whistle, very strange indeed.

Time to focus on the league. Huge games every week until we aren't looking over our shoulders. I'm feeling confident. Mon Ayr.

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It's the middle of February. The notion that there will be any sort of season-changing right backs or strikers waiting to get loaned out at this point (and that Ayr's somewhat temperamental scouting system would have identified them) seems unlikely.

Today's performance sounded hugely encouraging. Big move to bench Albinson and it was rewarded. It very much seems like Brown's getting people to step up.

Beat Airdrie next week and things begin to look a lot more promising, especially if Dunfermline continue to self-implode.

A competent right back would hugely improve our side? We don’t exactly need a world beater for it to be an upgrade. 

I don’t think I said season changing, but it would improve the chances of us not being relegated. 

I mean it’s not like they knew we needed full backs in January. 

We have a tough run of games coming up, but fingers crossed we have enough. 

10 minutes ago, Only me... said:

The squad hasn't changed much, but the organisation of them has changed dramatically and IMO is more than enough to survive this league this year. What I think is more important is the process of recruitment for next season as we aim to progress. It cannot be anything like this years 

We absolutely are, but it is still a gamble to hope that is enough - particularly given how tight it’s looking for ninth place.