The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Eagerly awaiting team sheet to see if Dowds has been benched and Willoughby gets a start.  Think Brown showed last week he's not feart of changing the script COYHM ⚫⚪

Ps. Gadz is the best Ayrshir word ever... The weegies get well wound up by it!

Have we deleted that twitter post as that team is a joke?

I’m not sure dropping one of the only two players that can do the scoring goals thing is going to help us score any goals. 

That is literally just a team of runners and Jamie Murphy. A horrid line up. 

Edited by No_Problemo

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Have we deleted that twitter post as that team is a joke?

I’m not sure dropping one of the only two players that can do the scoring goals thing is going to help us score any goals. 

That is literally just a team of runners and Jamie Murphy. A horrid line up. 

I'm all for shaking things up and not being afraid to ditch big names but that looks like a weak selection. Until we can add to the squad Chalmers is definitely needed to create some chances. We have done well against Airdrie in previous games by taking the game to them. Hopefully Brown knows better but he might end up having to learn the hard way 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

I'm all for shaking things up and not being afraid to ditch big names but that looks like a weak selection. Until we can add to the squad Chalmers is definitely needed to create some chances. We have done well against Airdrie in previous games by taking the game to them. Hopefully Brown knows better but he might end up having to learn the hard way 

Obviously hoping it’s part of a master plan and we look stupid but there is nothing about that side attacking wise. 

The January additions are just looking weird at this stage too if one is a fourth choice CB and the others can’t get a game in front of Bryden or McKenzie. We needed players to come in and be immediate upgrades. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Obviously hoping it’s part of a master plan and we look stupid but there is nothing about that side attacking wise. 

The January additions are just looking weird at this stage too if one is a fourth choice CB and the others can’t get a game in front of Bryden or McKenzie. We needed players to come in and be immediate upgrades. 

Fans from several clubs were raving about Sanders when he joined up. Surprised he hasn't forced his way into some sort of game time yet. Can only think the last two games where competing well is probably viewed like a win allows some to keep the jersey. If that's the case it won't be long until we get a reminder 

I don't think that lineup is too bad. Looks to me like Brown wants some of the attacking width to come from the fullbacks. I'd expect us to target the wide areas rather than trying to play through the middle. Interested to see how it plays out.

28 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Quite a positive bench I think. Chalmers need a shake, he will turn it on when he comes on and score a hat-trick of corners. 

Disappointed that Chalmers isn’t starting but, as long as he takes it well and is motivated by being dropped, I'm excited to see what he does against tired legs when he comes on. Lots of assuming there. One thing it shows is that Brown is not afraid of making brave decisions (see dropping Albinson last week). Hopefully keeps everyone honest and on their toes.