The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, 1nickydevlin said:

Syla dropped? 

Knew he would be, gave the ball away for both goals at the weekend and after their second goal Brown turned round with 2 fingers showing (not inappropriately) which to me suggested that he's saying to dugout "that's 2 goals he has given away"

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

The lack of communication is appalling

Where's Chalmers?

Where's Stanger?

Where's Reading?

I get the funny feeling Brown hasnt liked Chalmers' contribution, he has been pretty rotten since he took over.....

The other two I can only assume injured

Just now, diege said:

I get the funny feeling Brown hasnt liked Chalmers' contribution, he has been pretty rotten since he took over.....

The other two I can only assume injured

Possibly and he hasn’t been great however I don’t think bombing him out the squad completely is great unless it’s guaranteed to give him a kick up the arse. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Under Bullen, I would have seen that line up and thought, what the f**k is this? 

This is the first time since Brown arrived where I’ve thought wtf. I’m admittedly a card carrying Logan Chalmers fanboy though. 

2 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Be a fucking miracle if we get anything from this game

A miracle may come in the shape of Ross Stewart. He looked very suspect on Friday night. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Possibly and he hasn’t been great however I don’t think bombing him out the squad completely is great unless it’s guaranteed to give him a kick up the arse. 

This is the first time since Brown arrived where I’ve thought wtf. I’m admittedly a card carrying Logan Chalmers fanboy though. 

I'm probably reading too much into it and it might just be a knock, but he hasnt been afraid to drop folk from the squad

The stage is set for the January signings to step up and make their mark,. Been a lot of comments recently about the bottom places in the league being occupied by the team who get a run of injuries. 

I like the idea of a manager rolling heads when mistakes are made but Brown may wish to cool it until we have decent options in all areas. This could be a long night with Chalmers and Dowds contributions not there to bail those out covering gaps 

6 hours ago, Andy_AUFC said:

To give big lach some credit, he was good at protecting the club from snake oil / Lyle Lanley types.

Remember that Hugh Clarke bloke?

We’ve done not bad for club custodians over the years. Compared to some clubs. Barr’s heart was in the right place, his money wasn’t quite as much. Cameron senior and junior made the club ‘operative’ and made sure we didn’t end up in the hands of a wrongun. David Smith is creating a proper legacy and it’s still in fruition.