The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Felt a bit for Sanders last night. He looked devastated at the own goal and still looked a bit down even at Full-time.

I don't think he's great but I do think he's a decent enough defender at this level if he's surrounded by other competent defenders.

What own goal?  I could have sworn he swung at the ball and missed from where I was standing

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The third?

I would need to see it back but I didn’t see anything he could do about Sanders shanking a clearance into his own net. 

It did look like he was hesitant at the first.

Apologies, Adeloye’s goal.  Was the keepers ball but he isn’t at all keen coming off his line.  Same at the first.

Just now, Nelson said:

Apologies, Adeloye’s goal.  Was the keepers ball but he isn’t at all keen coming off his line.  Same at the first.

My one criticism of him so far is that he is rooted to his line at times - though that is just about every keeper at this level. 

I would need to see the third goal back tbh, as was obviously a deep in swinging cross to the back post. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

My one criticism of him so far is that he is rooted to his line at times - though that is just about every keeper at this level. 

I would need to see the third goal back tbh, as was obviously a deep in swinging cross to the back post. 

The dodgy mobile phone footage is clear enough.

5 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Posts on here after Saturday and last night saying how we need Paddy back. How times have changed. Good to see.

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

18 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just on Adeloye, wish people would stop booing him. He helped keep us up, went with our best wishes and more importantly, every time we pick a player out and boo them, they score...

Probably the same people who were booing him when he was literally still an Ayr player tbf.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Probably the same people who were booing him when he was literally still an Ayr player tbf.

Aye, I liked him and he done a job. Didn't really get the abuse he took from some. I'd be more than happy to be bringing him on off our bench.

I'd say if anything, giving stick to McInroy would be more worthy of the effort. A failed DKB.

Sadly had to work last night so couldn't give anyone stick.

26 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Just on Adeloye, wish people would stop booing him. He helped keep us up, went with our best wishes and more importantly, every time we pick a player out and boo them, they score...

Agreed. Never understood the booing last night. Scored 14 goals in an absolute rank rotten Ayr team, that struggled to create chances all season due to the absolute gang Hopkin assembled. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I actually thought Sanders was generally fine last night other than that moment -  I would need to see the other goals back though. The issue is you can’t have a defender selling a goal every game he plays. 

It worked for McGinty. Perhaps a lesson in judging players too early?

41 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

100% this. Some of our support are rabid gammon numbskulls. They really are.

Edited by Trogdor

33 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It worked for McGinty. Perhaps a lesson in judging players too early?

Possibly - however Sanders is a loan player and ideally Stanger just comes back in. Too much at stake to let Sanders play through his mistakes IMO. I also think we need someone with a bit more pace in there, particularly alongside McAllister, McGinty and Musonda as they are slow as f**k! It makes it far harder for us to get up the park…

Sanders looks like the first thought that goes through his head when he receives the ball is - FUUUUCK 

It’s the same thought when he takes his second attempt to control it and sometimes his third. 

like Muirhead had to do with Baird, McGinty not only marked Graham but Sanders and Musonda as well. 

The shot stopping from Clarke has been very impressive so far, especially considering how young he is. With his age also comes a lack of experience regarding commanding his box and knowing when to come and when not to.

He has also been very much thrown in to the team in the last couple of games. Hopefully in the coming weeks as he settles a bit more and feels a bit more comfortable with his teammates we might see a slightly more commanding goalie performance - although it's probably harsh to say he wasn't commanding when his saves yesterday were huge in us actually winning the game. 

Overall, I've been very happy with him.

AP says Reading is being sent for a scan on a thigh strain so doesn't sound too good...

Musonda did aswell as he could last night in the full back position but it's pretty tragic we don't have a single LB currently...

Brown regime off the mark proper i'd say after last night, first game he has played without Dowds and we clearly played a different way and it still worked, arguably played better than Saturday against Raith although Kudos to groundsman as bobbly pitch seemed to have been rolled out after the weekend which helped last night.

McHugh looks a player, early signs are he is a step up on Syla also wouldn't have thought Murdoch can be too far away?

Fascinating last night how at one of the goal kicks you had Dempsey moving into the LB position, Murphy moving in CM and Musonda up to LM to knock on header to Willoughby from the goal kick, while that goal kick is getting to Musonda you had Murphy moving into the middle of park where he then took the pass from Willoughby and all of a sudden was switching it out to the right hand side. 

Was some move, very clever and something we've clearly been working on. 

Pleased to see Brown acknowledged the 5 at the back needs worked on as it almost cost us the game... going forward probably the right idea to try and shore up to see a game out though as we don't have the strength in the full back areas to stop the crosses. McAllister although he got rinsed by Lawless a couple of times i felt he had one of his best games for us in terms of the attacking side, no doubt helped by not having Chalmers infront of him who wouldn't track back. 

Anyway onwards and upwards to Dunfermline on Saturday who after scoring 4 against Thistle, didn't even manage a shot on target last night against Inverness, could do with another win to try and get a run going...

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

The "you're just a fat lazy b*****d" chant was an interesting one.

I mean it's common for former players to take some abuse in football, so maybe I'm just a bit touchy about it because I really liked Tomi.

I'd take Dowds over Adeloye however anyday based on what I've seen of them.

Adeloye played a crucial role in his time with us. Booing him is extremely silly.

Sure, he wasn't the greatest player we've ever had, but if it wasn't for his contributions then we would have been dead and buried long before the final game of the season.

It Reading is out for a while, we still have time to get a loan player in. We won last night but Musonda wasn’t great, he was the same on Saturday and it has affected the shape of the team with him out there. 
We are at too critical a stage of the season to be pissing about playing players out of position and making do. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

We are at too critical a stage of the season to be pissing about playing players out of position and making do. 

I agree, though in fairness, Fraser Bryden looked good in midfield yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I agree, though in fairness, Fraser Bryden looked good in midfield yesterday. 

He was pish against Airdrie in the same role though. He’s either improved or it’ll only work in certain games. Thistle like to play from the back and Bryden & McKenzie were straight on them last night, that wouldn’t have happened with Chalmers and Murphy. Alternatively, if you are playing a team that have a low block, Bryden isn’t going to draw two out to challenge him like Chalmers does. 

I understand Bryden's usefulness off the ball but on the ball, he needs serious work. He has neither a real turn of pace nor a trick in him to beat anyone which essentially means that the best we can hope for when he's in possession out wide is a throw in or a corner.