The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Dempsey is a bit of an engima to me. I don't understand what kind of midfielder he is. 

There's a bit of the Chris Aitken about him in that he seems to dissappear into the Bermuda triangle of the pitch for large spells and doesn't touch the ball. 

There’s simply no individual element of his game that can sustain him at championship level.  He’s just a generally tidy player who generally works hard.  I liked the look of him when he first signed, but maybe that was because he was playing next to Andy Murdoch and Kerr McInroy who maybe made him look better than he really is.  He’s been nowhere for over a year now, so wouldn’t be rushing to offer him a new contract in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Nelson said:

There’s simply no individual element of his game that can sustain him at championship level.

Exactly this. He'll score the occasional decent goal which seems to keep him immune from criticism.

Otherwise he offers nothing. Another one who works hard in training I feel. Possibly do a job as a squad player but don't get why he seems to be the first name on the team sheet.

Just one on The keeper Clarke,been into the ground a couple of times 20 minutes early,only Albison and young lad been warmed up by goal keeping coach,Clarke nowhere to be seen until kick off,maybe nothing in it but if your starting  why he not there

I'm still confident we can get out of this mire. It's shaping up to be a very exciting season for the neutral. 40 points might not be enough for safety this year.

We need to get our best 11 on the park and no more square pegs in round holes. As abject as this squad is there is very little between about 70% of this division.

This next chunk of fixtures is going to be key as we play teams in and around us. We need to be targeting at least 6 points. Anything less and I think we could be in big trouble.

Screenshot_20240303_104851_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.62a18af976f4305434103600b64c0c01.jpg

30 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Just one on The keeper Clarke,been into the ground a couple of times 20 minutes early,only Albison and young lad been warmed up by goal keeping coach,Clarke nowhere to be seen until kick off,maybe nothing in it but if your starting  why he not there

He was being warmed up before that by the coach and the two other keepers. No idea where he disappeared to.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

There’s simply no individual element of his game that can sustain him at championship level.  He’s just a generally tidy player who generally works hard.  I liked the look of him when he first signed, but maybe that was because he was playing next to Andy Murdoch and Kerr McInroy who maybe made him look better than he really is.  He’s been nowhere for over a year now, so wouldn’t be rushing to offer him a new contract in the summer.

I remember getting abuse on here about a year ago when I laughed at some people thinking we were going to sell Dempsey for decent money.  Delusional stuff

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

McGinty has been as solid as a rock at the back. I actually blame Brown more than McGinty.

Tactically it makes no sense to ask him to play with the ball at his feet. He is so uncomfortable doing that, that when he is pressed heavily he is liable to make a mistake.

The timing of the error was horrific, right before half time. I can't really recall many more brainfarts this season from Big Sean so I'm not going to dwell on it.

A final point - the free headers we concede at corners has to stop. Almost every corner we conceded Dunfermline had a free header.

I don’t think that particular error comes from being asked to play out from the back. We punted it long all day yesterday and we went direct on Tuesday night. McGinty could’ve played it back to the keeper easily enough but I have no idea what he was trying to do with it. He just hesitates, which is what this group of players have done a lot of this season, and Kane nips in and takes it off him. There’s plenty examples of us creating a rod from our own back by trying to play out from the back this season (Albinson against Caley, Mutch against Dunfermline etc) but that was just a case of taking too long. 

Strange to hear Brown say in his interview that we didn't get enough balls in to the box. That team just wasn't set up to do that  Without Reading getting beyond Murphy to offer another option to Murphy cutting back, and without Chalmers on the right we just didn't have players in wide positions who were going to get the ball across. Neither Musonda nor Bryden put a cross in.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think that particular error comes from being asked to play out from the back. We punted it long all day yesterday and we went direct on Tuesday night. McGinty could’ve played it back to the keeper easily enough but I have no idea what he was trying to do with it. He just hesitates, which is what this group of players have done a lot of this season, and Kane nips in and takes it off him. There’s plenty examples of us creating a rod from our own back by trying to play out from the back this season (Albinson against Caley, Mutch against Dunfermline etc) but that was just a case of taking too long. 

I don't think we went long that much yesterday. I haven't watched it back so I'd be interested to see the highlights of the McGinty one. To me it looks like he tries to play it and loses the ball. If he launched it into the stratosphere (his modus operandi) we wouldn't have had an issue.

From memory, we spent most of the game passing it sideways and losing possession in the final third or passing it out of play. A couple of times someone tried to find Musonda and played it straight out the park. I wasn't bemoaning it being shelled up to Dowds continually. 

The first goal is either offside because Kane is interfering with play by blocking the keeper, or the keeper was asleep. Second it looks like McGinty just thought - f**k it.

Edited by diegomarahenry

I thought it was noticeable in the first half yesterday that McGinty receiving the ball from Sanders or Clarke seemed to trigger the Dunfermline press. Suggests they had spotted something in preparing for the game.

43 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

He was being warmed up before that by the coach and the two other keepers. No idea where he disappeared to.

#1 had to #2. Takes longer with the gloves on 

6 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Why was he still shitting himself during the game when the ball came anywhere near him then.

Get Charlie back in.

Maybe he was thinking about playing every week behind that defence. 

52 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I remember getting abuse on here about a year ago when I laughed at some people thinking we were going to sell Dempsey for decent money.  Delusional stuff

Watching the combined efforts of McAlear, Smith, Senga, Sylla and one or two others of late has really made me appreciate what a decent player Andy Murdoch is.  I guess the club has a decision to make for next season given he’s coming off his 2nd serious knee injury, but I wouldn’t be too quick to release him if we think there is a chance he can get back to his best.

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Shankland scoring v the OF will never not make me feel like a proud uncle. Boy did good and I miss him 🥹

100%. Both arsecheeks losing in the same weekend as well.

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

100%. Both arsecheeks losing in the same weekend as well.

Yip, I'm guessing it's been many a long day since they both got beat domestically in the same weekend! Good to see teams give them a comupance. Lead by Sir Lawrence 🤩

On 02/03/2024 at 14:30, Richey Edwards said:

That lineup is a war crime.

Scott Brown is a football terrorist.

Reveal hidden contents

Well, I said that last time and we won.

Our fallen soldier Richey Edwards managed to get me a message from the concentration camp that Div is keeping him in.  

20240303_172822.jpg

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip, I'm guessing it's been many a long day since they both got beat domestically in the same weekend! Good to see teams give them a comupance. Lead by Sir Lawrence 🤩

Always satisfying when the Bigot Brothers get humped…