The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Think there’s a misconception here with Brown that he’ll be getting favours from well known players and that’s who we’re after. We don’t have the money to go and do it and he’s spoken before about targeting quicker players to fill key positions. I could see us maybe getting one or two well known faces but I think the likes of Dowds or Oakley are the profile we’re after. Reliable Championship faces that can perform at a 6 or 7 out of 10 as a minimum each week. If we get that then we’ll be absolutely fine. 

11 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Morten Gamst Pedersen is still playing at 42, could probably still do a job.

Is our transfer policy shifting from players from the English lower leagues to players who had a 5-star rating for skill moves in FIFA 2010?

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is our transfer policy shifting from players from the English lower leagues to players who had a 5-star rating for skill moves in FIFA 2010?

In fairness we've already got one of them in McGeady

12 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

The big name I heard is James McCarthy but it's just from a Celtic supporting mate who says it's been all over their forums 

He hasn't played in a year. I can see Celtic wanting to release him from the last year of his contract, but wishful thinking on the part of the Celtic fans I'd hope.

16 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

The big name I heard is James McCarthy but it's just from a Celtic supporting mate who says it's been all over their forums 

Signing a 33 year old, totally crocked has-been who played 2 league games for Celtic on high wages seems right up our street.

Random question but whatever happend to the walkout music? Never minded the Seaside Sons one but I thought Mathie and the Youth Board were trialing other songs? We should just come out to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica IMO. Anyone fancy goal music as well?

We don't need a big signing, when are they ever good anyway. A core bunch of competent players you can make a decent squad out of. Don't need to make a statement or a signing of intent.

26 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

Random question but whatever happend to the walkout music? Never minded the Seaside Sons one but I thought Mathie and the Youth Board were trialing other songs? We should just come out to "Enter Sandman" by Metallica IMO. Anyone fancy goal music as well?

It should be and always should be Sham 69 the players come out to.

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

Is it Stevie May? 

No, it’s a former Celtic midfielder and international, currently unattached and not James McCarthy. But like McCarthy, he hasn’t played for a year. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, it’s a former Celtic midfielder and international, currently unattached and not James McCarthy. But like McCarthy, he hasn’t played for a year. 

The things I would do for it to be Tom Rogic. The best footballer in Scottish football in my lifetime.

3 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

The things I would do for it to be Tom Rogic. The best footballer in Scottish football in my lifetime.

He’s been out the game for a year, retired and presumably living in Australia. 
But I’m sure the Celtic fan is right and he is currently jogging round cones at Dam park