The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That was superb tonight. It's been a while when I've been almost starstruck at a performance but that was up there. Everything from top to bottom was a different breed. 

This is going somewhere and it looks like we're going places.

Could have picked between 6 or 7 of them for man of the match tonight. Absolutely tremendous performances.

Very impressive performance all round.

Edited by AUcal

7 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Could have picked between 6 or 7 of them for man of the match tonight. Absolutely tremendous performance.

Very impressive performance.

Aye, wasn’t one player off it tonight and everyone had some good moments. Very pleasing. 

My expectations with this squad have been higher than most on here I think and even then, I only thought we’d get 2 or 3 really good attacking moves a game. Tonight there was one every 2 or 3 minutes. Just completely ripped the pish and we did not stop once. We were even through on goal again when the final whistle went.

Haven’t enjoyed myself at Somerset that much in a very very long time. We didn’t even look like Ayr United. I kept waiting on us f**king something up and it never came. 

What a delightful watch every Ayr player was immense.

Henderson, Dowds, Oakley and Murphy had Airdrie on toast. Rus was quiet first half but took the pish out of them 2nd half with his running. 

The speed of our counter was a thing of beauty. 

Wee cherry on top is having the new North terrace's first league game being an utter swording of Airdrie. 

Edited by Oceanlineayr
Spelling

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye, wasn’t one player off it tonight and everyone had some good moments. Very pleasing. 

I did initially wonder what Musonda was doing at the start of game, but it became pretty clear!

The press and the intensity that we have just now when we're out of possession is the best I've ever seen from an Ayr team.

It's very enjoyable to watch, there's just always someone there to mop up. Dempsey in particular seems to just stroll the midfield. Long may it continue.

Airdrie weren't very good, but that doesn't take away from just how well drilled we are, from front to back.

Two more home games to come then a trip to Dunfermline, who don't seem to be feeling too great just now. Keep the performances coming Ayr.

27 attempts on goal and 14 on target. We were also in the final third 75 times.  I don’t think it’s possible to overreact at how good that was.

7 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I did initially wonder what Musonda was doing at the start of game, but it became pretty clear!

We have Cafu at right back. Unreal. 

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

27 attempts on goal and 14 on target. We were also in the final third 75 times.  I don’t think it’s possible to overreact at how good that was.

And yet it still wasn't until the third went in that I stopped worrying it was going to be 3-2.

Seriously though, that was like Europa League qualifying round stuff. And will comfortably inflate the next home gates.

Our best performance since we put Queens Park to the sword at Somerset a couple of seasons ago.

If you compare tonight to Dundee United at home early last season, back then we were so disorganised it was difficult to know who was playing where. Tonight everyone to a man was on the same page. 

4 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Our best performance since we put Queens Park to the sword at Somerset a couple of seasons ago.

If you compare tonight to Dundee United at home early last season, back then we were so disorganised it was difficult to know who was playing where. Tonight everyone to a man was on the same page. 

Even that QP game the score line flattered us.

Tonight we just blew them away. We were so impressive. There was a wee bit where we won it back in defence and the ball seemed to spirit its way back up into attack. I couldn’t believe it. we were unreal 

4 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

That was miles better than that Queens Park game - I think you are going back to McCall to find anything close.

I don’t even know where to start, we have several excellent footballers and Ben Dempsey becoming Jamie Adams reincarnated. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

That was miles better than that Queens Park game - I think you are going back to McCall to find anything close.

Alloa away, last game under McCall before he went to Partick. The last time I remember seeing an Ayr display that was so dominant.

Its a lot better having it at home though.