The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Iain said:

Pretty sure nobody is thinking "aye, that was a decent performance, but the lack of professional level media facilities has ruined it for me", or anything like that. Everyone enjoyed the game and thinks it's encouraging for the season ahead. The camera thing is worth mentioning because Friday night was the first time it's come up. 

Some folks are awfully touchy about anything even mildly critical that gets said about the club. 🤷🏻

Yup! This....! Saying things like they are isn't popular but there's no harm or personal insults intended. It's actually quite easy to spot who's who on here, when you spot the same comments on social media, and when you know the person, you know, they will never be critical of anything about aufc....

I'll always stand up for what I believe to be true and right, regardless of the snide remarks or criticism. But I'll always stand corrected or apologise if I'm miss guided or in the wrong.

Anyways... given the food discussions on here the past 24hrs, I have a question? Why on earth isn’t our man that runs George St. Bakers catering/supplying for AUFC? They wee pies are the best I've ever tasted and the sweet bakery goods are proper old fashioned Scottish baking at it's best!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

The pie n bovril of the 70s, talk of a striker and the need to go full time , splashing out £40 grand buying 4 striker's, what would that be worth today half a million? Three years later we were in the Top Ten would be great if we are close to returning to the top flight or at least a serious challenge. Anyone know any of the poster, the name Morrison is familiar but perhaps only as the lived near us. 

IMG_0419.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

The pie n bovril of the 70s, talk of a striker and the need to go full time , splashing out £40 grand buying 4 striker's, what would that be worth today half a million? Three years later we were in the Top Ten would be great if we are close to returning to the top flight or at least a serious challenge. Anyone know any of the poster, the name Morrison is familiar but perhaps only as the lived near us. 

IMG_0419.jpeg

Ok, so who is who based on current posters? 🤣

11 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Can Hibs pick up some form please, very nervous of them punting Gray and coming in for Brown.

I would genuinely be surprised if he went, at least so early. it's not as if he needs the money.

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Ok, so who is who based on current posters? 🤣

Hot takes had not been invented in the 70s.

2 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

But you do have a tendency to extract the most Insane potential outcome of anybodys posts and say that’s what they want.  And then get all sarky and smug that they could possibly think something so preposterous.

That's because it's funnier. If I genuinely have an issue with someone I'll call it out directly rather than just obliquely taking the piss.

Edited by Thumper

22 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

IMG_0419.jpeg

Christ! Check the nick of some of those photos, man. Whatever Robert Findlay has just seen doesn’t bear thinking about.

10 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

IMG_0419.jpeg

Mr Morrisons' quote brought back some memories and got me thinking.

Phil Mcgovern was such an enigma, brilliant one minute and frustrating as hell the next, never boring to watch, though.

George Mclean, a total entertainer. However, my abiding memory is of him hitting the crossbar against Hibs (we were 1-0 down at the time and pressing for the equaliser). The ball rebounded off the bar, recently changed from wood to steel, to the half way line. Hibs promptly broke and made it 2-0, game over.

Eric Stevenson, I really liked as a player. Arrived at the same time as Johnny Graham from Hibs. Really talented, reminds me so much of John Robertson (Forrest and Scotland in the way he carried himself. Looked lazy but could beat anyone down the line.

Dixie, well, what do you say. An absolute legend in my eyes.

They are still not good enough for this guy. Just goes to show, you don't know what you have. I have great memories of each of them.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Pretty sure nobody is thinking "aye, that was a decent performance, but the lack of professional level media facilities has ruined it for me", or anything like that. Everyone enjoyed the game and thinks it's encouraging for the season ahead. The camera thing is worth mentioning because Friday night was the first time it's come up. 

Some folks are awfully touchy about anything even mildly critical that gets said about the club. 🤷🏻

This is it, there's a hypersensitivity within the club to any criticism and some fans are the same.  

If nobody mentions that their view was restricted by the camera then it's perhaps an unknown problem. 

The nice thing is that the club isn't actually deserving of all that much criticism at the moment, 

4 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Christ! Check the nick of some of those photos, man. Whatever Robert Findlay has just seen doesn’t bear thinking about.

Possible that it’s not what he has seen. Maybe more what has he taken. Possibly both.

6 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

He’s probably been reading this thread. 

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Possible that it’s not what he has seen. Maybe more what has he taken. Possibly both.

I’m just imagining him typing out his wee bit and going “now what photo do I send in? Aye. That wan!” 

Do you lot all know each other then. Can't say I know anyone here and the only ones I can put a face too are itzdrk and fw because of their posts on the Facebook pages. I have seen fw a few times where I Iive sitting on the bench beside Kwik-Fit but I've let the temptation to go up and kick him in the face go. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Do you lot all know each other then. Can't say I know anyone here and the only ones I can put a face too are itzdrk and fw because of their posts on the Facebook pages. I have seen fw a few times where I Iive sitting on the bench beside Kwik-Fit but I've let the temptation to go up and kick him in the face go. 

You live on a bench at Kwik-Fit?

And no, I was under the impression you were all AI bots. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Other than my dad and one or two other folk i've just come to know over the years, thankfully no. Sometimes i feel like like this is an annex to a a whatsapp group that i'm not in.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I've met quite a lot of the folk on here from either just meeting or them introducing themselves.  

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Don't want to stroll too far from the Blue Star. 

Fair. Do you ever frequent the bakery next door? I’ve been in a couple times and always found it pretty good. Not my local bakery though so not a regular. 

The P&B Ayr fan I've probably seen most IRL (other than the two of my actual mates who mostly lurk these days) is Sci-Fi Steven from Bis.

Pretty sure a few of us are Twitter mutuals.

Other than that the whole "living 500 miles away" thing has rather eaten into my opportunity to put names to faces for the last decade.

Edited by Thumper