The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

While you wouldn't rule anything out in the Championship, Brown to Raith would seem an odd move,  despite all the speculation in their forum.

Not only was he well backed in the summer but he's often spoken about how he'd like his team to play - high press, fast transition and being the fittest in the league. I don't see that in the Raith squad.

He must also know Ian Murray pretty well from their time together at Hibs so wonder how he feels about him getting the boot so early in the season?

46 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Does anyone know if the hospitality is doing as we as expected, numbers wise?

No idea but looking at the marketing of it, if boxes aren’t sold, they are offering it at a per head basis. I’m sure someone said that it had been sold out every game so far. I don’t know if that is just the boxes or the full offering. 

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

People already budgeting for Fernandes's investment lmao. It should go on Burnley's most promising U23s!

I am sure there was a buy-in amount published before, maybe under Cameron. Anyone wanting to get involved had to pay a minimum of £20k to have any kind of seat at the table. 
That will have gone up. I would imagine he’d put 6 figures in as a minimum. I doubt if he’ll put more than that in though. 

As Smith said, he’ll still own the club, so any new investment isn’t going to be greater than what Smith puts in, because the only person who would benefit is Smith because it would increase the value of his shares. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

People already budgeting for Fernandes's investment lmao. It should go on Burnley's most promising U23s!

Surely we'll just buy them and send guys like Bryden and Tomlinson out on loan to get much needed game time? 

If I were to guess our team likely would be (and unsure if Hamilton would play so assuming he’s not)

Russell

Watret McAllister  Devlin  McClymont

Tomlinson McKenzie  Syla  Hastie 

Walker   Bryden

bench will be maybe McGeady, McRoberts, Guthrie, Hislop then youths 

Edited by muZZa__44

The Smith interview spelled out a couple of things : 1. The Business Community is buying in , they are booking hospitality and buying advertising ! This was always going to be an area where we punch our weight . 2. There are other investments possible from other sources . 3. He is happy with the football side of things . Brown and Whitaker are doing well . 4. We’ve spent the Rangers money and then some . 5. The kicker , it’s time for fans to come along . Put up or shut up time . What kind of club Ayr United is to become in the medium to long term will be determined by the fans or lack of them . 
Getting the gates north of 3,000 will take time . However with the AU500 club still needing 230 new members to hit the 500 mark , it’s a great way for those that can to contribute to the player fund in real time . ATM 270 members are bringing in £50k a year , that a decent player at our level . Surely there is 270 punters in the current season ticket holder community that can spare £20 a month to get it moving . 

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

The Smith interview spelled out a couple of things : 1. The Business Community is buying in , they are booking hospitality and buying advertising ! This was always going to be an area where we punch our weight . 2. There are other investments possible from other sources . 3. He is happy with the football side of things . Brown and Whitaker are doing well . 4. We’ve spent the Rangers money and then some . 5. The kicker , it’s time for fans to come along . Put up or shut up time . What kind of club Ayr United is to become in the medium to long term will be determined by the fans or lack of them . 
Getting the gates north of 3,000 will take time . However with the AU500 club still needing 230 new members to hit the 500 mark , it’s a great way for those that can to contribute to the player fund in real time . ATM 270 members are bringing in £50k a year , that a decent player at our level . Surely there is 270 punters in the current season ticket holder community that can spare £20 a month to get it moving . 

I'm restarting mine in the near future as my new job will vastly improve my financial situation.  

4 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I agree with what you are saying. But Smiths interview was about more new money all round.

There is probably 1800 of a hardcore support, 1200 have season tickets. 
Continually going to the same well doesn’t increase what we already have, essentially asking the same 1200-1800 people to simply give more money. 
It needs to attract new money in terms of investment and revenue streams but also new heads through the door. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can we not compromise and get Ayr Asia Arena? 

AAA for short. 

Would be helpful in the alphabet league standings.