The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

No point worrying about something that could yet be proven as total nonsense ie Stone. Played every minute of every competitive game so far. More inclined to trust in that fact than unverified rumours of a fallout

I like the look of Stone but his kicking out is shit which I think is a big thing for a goalkeeper in this side. Although you’d hope Brown had done his homework on the player and was aware his distribution isn’t that great. 

33 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

I like him as well, got told him and Brown don't see eye to eye, but how true that story is remains to be seen.

100% not true 

8 hours ago, railwayend said:

Getting the gates north of 3,000 will take time . However with the AU500 club still needing 230 new members to hit the 500 mark , it’s a great way for those that can to contribute to the player fund in real time . ATM 270 members are bringing in £50k a year , that a decent player at our level . Surely there is 270 punters in the current season ticket holder community that can spare £20 a month to get it moving . 

Always glad to have the opportunity to talk about the Fund.

Since we renamed and relaunched the AU Player Fund we have nearly doubled the membership. The original 500 aim still seems pretty high but we have shorter term goals. 12 more members would take us to £60,000 per annum (at the current average monthly payment) without any other fundraising or shirt auctions. This year’s target is 300 members. If we could reach the 500 that would be over £100,000 every year. So anyone who would like to join (or rejoin, thanks itzdrk no. 68 awaits you) will be most welcome, and any amount from 5 to £100+.

email info@auplayerfund.co.uk

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I like the look of Stone but his kicking out is shit which I think is a big thing for a goalkeeper in this side.

Pish. Send them down LA Bowl for a day a week to practice laying it out to Rus, that's where it's at.

He's huge, he commands his area, and he can distribute short. Weird unsubstantiated rumours to the contrary he'll be at the club for the distance.

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Pish. Send them down LA Bowl for a day a week to practice laying it out to Rus, that's where it's at.

He's huge, he commands his area, and he can distribute short. Weird unsubstantiated rumours to the contrary he'll be at the club for the distance.

Aye I don’t see him leaving. If Brown didn’t like him he’d be long gone by now. 

Surely to f**k we are not signing another GK? Stone and Russell are more than sufficient. Then we have Mutch coming back. I suppose if we suffered injuries to Stone and Russell (probably more likely for you to get hit by lightning) then we could recall Ecrepont from his loan? Or even just sign an emergency GK. Wasting wages on another GK when it could be used elsewhere is Chelsea levels of madness 

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I like the look of Stone but his kicking out is shit which I think is a big thing for a goalkeeper in this side. Although you’d hope Brown had done his homework on the player and was aware his distribution isn’t that great. 

You would think a loan like this would be a good opportunity for him to work on and develop that aspect of his game. Will be interesting to compare the current perception to how we all feel in May.

I think Stone has been largely decent but he has had a couple of clangers, which I suppose any goalkeeper at this level will be prone to. As someone else has said, his kicking is not on the level of others like Josh Clarke, but he is a lot more vocal with his defence and looks to be a better organiser. 

Brown has shown he is incredibly trigger happy when it comes to dropping players so you never know what might happen. 

19 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McGeady gives off the impression that playing for the reserves would be beneath him 

Really? Not sure what you'd base that on given he played in the Sunderland reserves for the best part of a season

Wish folk would stop making up these nonsense rumours in an attempted wind up to try and unease people. 

If anything substantial was happening involving Brown the Daily Rangers or Sun would have been all over it days ago

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/luke-mccowan-wanted-celtic-dundee-29742092

Dundee are reportedly braced for a bid from Celtic for captain Luke McCowan.

The Dees have already rejected offers from Hibs and Wigan for their star midfielder, who notched ten goals last season to help Tony Docherty's side finish in the top-six. And the former Ayr United star has continued his stunning form this season by scoring in Dundee's first two Premiership games.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

22 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/luke-mccowan-wanted-celtic-dundee-29742092

Dundee are reportedly braced for a bid from Celtic for captain Luke McCowan.

The Dees have already rejected offers from Hibs and Wigan for their star midfielder, who notched ten goals last season to help Tony Docherty's side finish in the top-six. And the former Ayr United star has continued his stunning form this season by scoring in Dundee's first two Premiership games.

I may be wrong, but I am sure we'd be due some form of development fee from the sale.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I may be wrong, but I am sure we'd be due some form of development fee from the sale.

We would get a portion of 5% of the fee.  Split between anyone else he played with from 12 years old. 

2 hours ago, Peil said:

Really? Not sure what you'd base that on given he played in the Sunderland reserves for the best part of a season

Surely he'd be at more glamorous locations playing for their reserves than freaking Cumnock 🤣 maybe I'm wrong but I think his playing days (even for reserves) is gone