The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

So going by his interview, seems more of an attacking midfielder. Don’t think him and Rus starting in a midfield 2 together. Maybe in a 3 with Dempsey. Wonder if there is still interest in Fred. 

Pleasing to add depth to the squad but I struggle to see where Howley will play. Similar story with Devlin, although you can make changes more easily if you lose a few games, I guess. 

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

So going by his interview, seems more of an attacking midfielder. Don’t think him and Rus starting in a midfield 2 together. Maybe in a 3 with Dempsey. Wonder if there is still interest in Fred. 

McMann thought he was a LB when he came I'm and is now a center half, Brown will decide what position they and make sure they are good at it.🤣

Has us sitting with a first team squad of 25 includes which includes Guthrie/McRoberts/McGeady and none of them have seen a league squad and don’t particularly see them getting near one. Expect Guthrie and McRoberts to pick up a loan somewhere. Realistically another striker and we’re all set. 

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Pleasing to add depth to the squad but I struggle to see where Howley will play. Similar story with Devlin, although you can make changes more easily if you lose a few games, I guess. 

I’m delighted that we are still adding to the squad - it’s what has killed us before after a good start - Looks like Broonie, and the board, want to give us every chance of seeing it through to the end this season this time round.

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Has us sitting with a first team squad of 25 includes which includes Guthrie/McRoberts/McGeady and none of them have seen a league squad and don’t particularly see them getting near one. Expect Guthrie and McRoberts to pick up a loan somewhere. Realistically another striker and we’re all set. 

Wasn't McRoberts on the bench on Saturday?

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

This is just amazing. A brilliant tribute to a local stalwart fan. The club have talked a lot about becoming part of the community but we’ve heard that before and it was just words and no substance. Lately there has been substance behind the words. It’s all building blocks to give the club foundations to continue to grow and this sort of stuff is so very important to growing the fanbase and truly becoming a community club. 104. Well done sir.

McRoberts I don’t think needs a loan out as much as some others do, he’s still young enough to be playing for the under 18s reckon next year we will loan him out I would be looking more at Guthrie and Tomlinson being the making guys I would loan out 

39 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

McRoberts I don’t think needs a loan out as much as some others do, he’s still young enough to be playing for the under 18s reckon next year we will loan him out I would be looking more at Guthrie and Tomlinson being the making guys I would loan out 

Guthrie signed a pro contract at the same time as Carter Jenkins and Dario Vivianni whose contracts ended in the summer and both have since been released. Did Guthrie sign an extension or was he just given a longer deal at the time? If it’s the former it suggest the club maybe thinks he has a future and a loan would be beneficial. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Guthrie signed a pro contract at the same time as Carter Jenkins and Dario Vivianni whose contracts ended in the summer and both have since been released. Did Guthrie sign an extension or was he just given a longer deal at the time? If it’s the former it suggest the club maybe thinks he has a future and a loan would be beneficial. 

Guthrie was given a longer deal believe he is a year younger then Jenkins and Viviani 

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Guthrie was given a longer deal believe he is a year younger then Jenkins and Viviani 

That explains then. Also notice he’s about a year older than McRoberts however McRoberts made Saturdays squad. That possibly means McRoberts is higher up the pecking order. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That explains then. Also notice he’s about a year older than McRoberts however McRoberts made Saturdays squad. That possibly means McRoberts is higher up the pecking order. 

Guthrie is now probably in the same spot as Viviani and Jenkins where he needs to go out on loan and really impress if he’s to kept on, you would assume he would go to the lowland league to get that game time