The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You are perhaps giving them too much credit, it's obvious why...

The funniest part is that the group of younger fans who didn’t like him probably aren’t even old enough to remember the whole saga of him committing to Ireland over Scotland. 

If it was just a Celtic thing then Brown would’ve received the same treatment although it’s harder for fans to criticise him these days. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

On McGeady, I don’t get the dislike that people had for him since day one. He’s been far from the worst we’ve had of players coming to the end of their career and it was simply a case of someone who’s legs couldn’t do what he wanted rather than a chancer trying to steal his last wage. 

Who knows how much he contributed off the pitch but I don’t think he was exactly stealing a wage there either. He likely took some duties off of Mathies and got a bit of experience in that role. 

As for his comments on Ayr, I don’t think they’re as bad as some have made out. Despite his age, he clearly still wants to play and may have felt like he could’ve offered the team something and like most players probably didn’t like being told he had no part in the managers plans. I can sympathise with that but the guy hasn’t exactly bad mouthed us or acted petty. He could’ve sat on his arse for another few months and taken our money.  

Any time I’ve heard him speak - his comments about us have always been positive. 

As above with some of that dislike. 

On the atmosphere, the game was absolutely awful at the weekend which didn’t help. 

The atmosphere at Somerset is usually awful and it’s why I’ve laughed at the fans on Facebook criticising the switching of ends as the SRE is “great for sucking the ball into the net”. 

Unless we’re winning by a couple of goals the place is usually silent. In the last couple of years the younger guys have done a good job but it’s not really been enough. I’d wager a grand spent on pyro would be an interesting investment though. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

SRE is “great for sucking the ball into the net”. 

That was a myth McCall used to peddel out, granted I'm now to old and to much of a short arse for the SRE any more but the last time I remember that remotely happening was against Inverness when Shankland came off the bench at half time when we were 3 nil down and almost single handedly dragged us back in the game.

3 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Atmosphere is shite at every home game. Thistle always seem to have a decent atmosphere behind their goal, would love to replicate that at Somerset. 

The SRE central section is pretty much young teens flinging food at lassies and some slightly older guys vaping their heads off. A few songs early on and they go quiet

3 minutes ago, Peil said:

The SRE central section is pretty much young teens flinging food at lassies and some slightly older guys vaping their heads off. A few songs early on and they go quiet

Last season in the SRE was shite. Half the folk around you didn’t know what the score was such was their disinterest and then you had half a dozen weans just chasing each other about and bumping into you. 

I’ve been on the NT every game this season and haven’t moved which is a change for me as I usually switch depending on where we’re shooting. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

The young team were all half canned on Saturday anyway. Doubt they could string a sentence together, let alone a tune.

Same tbf

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Last season in the SRE was shite. Half the folk around you didn’t know what the score was such was their disinterest and then you had half a dozen weans just chasing each other about and bumping into you. 

I’ve been on the NT every game this season and haven’t moved which is a change for me as I usually switch depending on where we’re shooting. 

Aye same, ended up round there now often than not this season

Pretty sure they've not been at the last couple of games.

Presume they boycotted Hampden due to the no drum policy or either that they got too pished in Glasgow to even make the game.

Then on Saturday there was no regazzi banner up behind the goal.

As others have said SRE recently seems to just be loads of 15 year old teenagers doing school ground flirting and carry on with each other and not having any interest in the actual football. Still can't complain if they're paying for the ticket plus I suppose what else is there for them to do in Ayr on a Saturday afternoon apart from walk up the zombie high street 

24 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Pretty sure they've not been at the last couple of games.

Presume they boycotted Hampden due to the no drum policy or either that they got too pished in Glasgow to even make the game.

Then on Saturday there was no regazzi banner up behind the goal.

As others have said SRE recently seems to just be loads of 15 year old teenagers doing school ground flirting and carry on with each other and not having any interest in the actual football. Still can't complain if they're paying for the ticket plus I suppose what else is there for them to do in Ayr on a Saturday afternoon apart from walk up the zombie high street 

Noticed on Saturday there wasn't the usual drum either. The atmosphere seemed to only pick up later on when Kirk Broadfoot did his usual "be a massive pr*ck act" he excels at. 

9 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Noticed on Saturday there wasn't the usual drum either. The atmosphere seemed to only pick up later on when Kirk Broadfoot did his usual "be a massive pr*ck act" he excels at. 

Atmosphere is better when they move round to North Terracing due to being next to the away fans

There’s never really been any organisation with the Ragazzi, even from it’s inception.

Falkirk seem to have got it down to a tee at this level, would be interesting to find out how much input the club has into their ultras group.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Suppose this'll be quite contrarian but I think it's f**king mental to just hand them over a big wad of cash like that with no oversight.

As far as I'm aware a few of the boys are meeting with the SLOs to discuss how best to use the money.