The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just saw it there Armand the daily rangers!

Massive blow need someone in as cover!

Who do you bring in? The window is shut meaning we’re limited to free agents.

If there’s someone out there that we can realistically get then great but I’m not sure that possible. At least we now know why McCall wanted Bannigan.

Being ravaged by injuries started early this season

We were quite lucky for the most part last season apart from Shankland.

Murdoch is a miss but the last thing to do is bring someone in that’s not good enough just for the sake of signing someone.

Worrying that Ross, McGuffie and Adams now all on the 'couple of weeks / will be assessed' list.   Really could do with picking some points up from the Alloa / Arbroath double header at the end of the month - really hope nobody else gets a knock at Wrexham.  Id honestly play the u20s.

19 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Didn’t think it was that bad tbh. He looked like he wanted to go back on at one point and then managed to walk around the pitch. Hopefully just out for a good few weeks rather than anything more serious 

Good call.

What actually happened?  Was it a tackle / bad landing after a header or what?

I think he tried to tackle a Partick player if i remember correctly 

Aye he tried to tackle Zanatta but was shrugged off and landed pretty awkwardly.

Murdoch's role is a lot more defensive this season than it was last season, and I think Docherty is an able replacement for that particular position. It arguably suits him better than playing as the anchor man in front of the defence. Kerr may be on his last legs but he's positionally disciplined and his lack of mobility should be less exposed in our current system than it was in the 4-4-2 last season.

Much as I love Andy Murdoch, we're not as reliant on him this season as we are on several others in the squad. Losing Harvie, Kelly, Forrest or Moffat to a similar injury would be far more problematic. We should have enough cover for him to see us through until January without having to offer any panic deals to charlatans like Martin Woods.

So, basically we now start with three central midfielders and only have three.
Adams, Bell and Geggan don’t count - they’re all defenders now.

What do you mean they don’t count?

If they can play there then chances are they’ll do so at some point this season. Frank Ross (when fit) might play there at some point.

What do you mean they don’t count?

If they can play there then chances are they’ll do so at some point this season. Frank Ross (when fit) might play there at some point.

As in they’re not midfielders as they’re not good enough now. They’re primary positions are in defensive positions. If they play there for anything other than one or two games we will get pumped.