The Famous Aberdeen v Rangers - 08/05/18

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Absolute joke that *** goal. McKenna being held down by Murphy while McCrorie does his best lineout attempt. Pathetic refereeing.

waaaaah

Stop making stuff up. Both teams were shite. Draw fair enough result.

Unsure as to why there's so much hate for this game. I bloody loved it. The quality at times was lacking, and the challenges were outrageous, but it really was an even and exciting game.

Tavernier was excellent in defence, with GMS failing to get by him or deliver a cross for almost the entire game (save for one moment late in the game) and Bates really is a smashing player. It's pretty awful that Sevco offered him such a derisory wage that he had to leave for Hamburg). His tackling and reading of the game were spot on. 

Morelos is a player utterly lacking in confidence, but his movement was wonderful. Dorrans going off, I thought, was going to be a much bigger advantage to Aberdeen than it proved, but the Dons didn't really have it in the final third, with their delivery from corners particularly woeful. Hilarious penalty decision though. 

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

zzzzz typical virgin chat from yourself

You'll know all about virginity mate. Considering you follow a club that is a virgin to winning the league or any major trophy. bQshDtu.png

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

You'll know all about virginity mate. Considering you follow a club that is a virgin to winning the league or any major trophy. bQshDtu.png

Dreary fucking me, buddy.  This is absolutely chronic.  Do we need this kind of chat every fucking time Rangers don't lose?

We've been really bang average all season in my opinion and are very lucky to be sitting second just now.

There's gaping holes in the squad and some of the bigger name players have not been performing. Big summer ahead recruitment wise. 

Folk getting a bit carried away saying 2nd is ours. Still need 4-6 points from Hearts away and Rangers at home, with a Celtic win on the last day if it is 4. 

Unbelievable season from us for it still be a possibility at this stage but in any other circumstance, nobody would be calling this a gimme.

11 minutes ago, velo army said:

Unsure as to why there's so much hate for this game. I bloody loved it. The quality at times was lacking, and the challenges were outrageous, but it really was an even and exciting game.

Tavernier was excellent in defence, with GMS failing to get by him or deliver a cross for almost the entire game (save for one moment late in the game) and Bates really is a smashing player. It's pretty awful that Sevco offered him such a derisory wage that he had to leave for Hamburg). His tackling and reading of the game were spot on. 

Morelos is a player utterly lacking in confidence, but his movement was wonderful. Dorrans going off, I thought, was going to be a much bigger advantage to Aberdeen than it proved, but the Dons didn't really have it in the final third, with their delivery from corners particularly woeful. Hilarious penalty decision though. 

Pretty good synopsis.  Certainly a 90 minutes of drama and trauma.  Bates will be a big loss.  He's our only current defender who can put his head on the ball.  Dorrans hasn't been good for us.  the player we miss most is Ryan Jack who had an excellent start to the season and was easily our best player before his injury.

Folk getting a bit carried away saying 2nd is ours. Still need 4-6 points from Hearts away and Rangers at home, with a Celtic win on the last day if it is 4. 
Unbelievable season from us for it still be a possibility at this stage but in any other circumstance, nobody would be calling this a gimme.

We need to beat the **** (unless we skelp hearts by 10 tomorrow, which I wouldn't object to tbf) to finish above them.

12 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It's going to go right down to the wire but agree saying 2nd is Hibs' already is very premature.

Tynecastle is a hard place to go this season but I do believe you'll win tomorrow. If you do then you are in the driving seat for 2nd as we would need to play a lot better than we did in any of the last 3 games to have a chance of avoiding defeat on the last day.

2 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

It's going to go right down to the wire but agree saying 2nd is Hibs' already is very premature.

Tynecastle is a hard place to go this season but I do believe you'll win tomorrow. If you do then you are in the driving seat for 2nd as we would need to play a lot better than we did in any of the last 3 games to have a chance of avoiding defeat on the last day.

A draw tomorrow would be enough to take Hibs above Rangers with a win on the last day.

2 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

As Lebowski says, we need to beat you regardless. A win tomorrow would be nice but if we can avoid defeat there, the Rangers game becomes the biggy.

That penalty changed the game. Terrible decision especially when it happened right in front of him. 

Couldnt see where a goal was coming from after Aberdeen went ahead as we had nothing from central midfield helping Morelos.

Big change was Murphy going more central. He has to play there  on Sunday as Morelos is banned we need that attacking midfielder.

only problem is it leaves the left side bare? 

Archived