P&B Hospital

1 hour ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

The dog accidentally bit my finger. Hurt like f**k! Been guzzling painkillers for hours and finally they are kicking in. 

70653074-BDF7-4D8A-B22B-BAB7619C4402.jpeg

It's only fair that you bite him back. That's the only way he'll learn.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

The dog accidentally bit my finger. Hurt like f**k! Been guzzling painkillers for hours and finally they are kicking in. 

70653074-BDF7-4D8A-B22B-BAB7619C4402.jpeg

The calloused hands of a simple labourer, no stranger to hard work. You've earned your espresso tonight.

Eta, not sure about the cords though.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The calloused hands of a simple labourer, no stranger to hard work. You've earned your espresso tonight.

Eta, not sure about the cords though.

Thanks! 

The “cords” is/was a blue jumper (paired with white shorts).  I’ve since caked it with silicone (Mrs Par doesn’t believe a mashed finger should prevent the bath being re-sealed). 

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've always felt that you get judged harshly on here, but your support of Stephen Fry's career means you lose any goodwill from me.

I once gave Stephen Fry my autograph in the Dundee Uni students Union and he was less than impressed. 

He owes me a favour.

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par Decorator said:

Thanks! 

The “cords” is/was a blue jumper (paired with white shorts).  I’ve since caked it with silicone (Mrs Par doesn’t believe a mashed finger should prevent the bath being re-sealed). 

A mashed finger? It’s a wee tiny bruise FFS. I’m with her. 

11 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Got it done on a Wednesday, back at work on the Monday, however getting out of bed for the first 24 hours wasn't the most easy!

Can only hope it happens around the euros and milk the time off.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the time when I have to get up (i.e. when an alarm wakes me up) I am very drowsy. It's often a real struggle to physically get up. I took a nap yesterday afternoon (was off work) and had to kept hitting snooze. Got up after an hour but felt tired the rest of the day. In these situations it's a struggle to keep my eyes open.

A few months back I had a nap when off work and struggled big time to get up. I actually thought I had got up and was going about things in an utterly convincing way but then woke up an hour later, still exhausted. Not the first time that happened.

I remember the feeling of drowsiness starting in 6th year at school. In some classes I'd just feel absolutely exhausted and my eyes would start to 'go'. It would be a huge struggle to stop them closing and me falling asleep. 

My first attempt at uni after had this as a big issue in lectures.

My second attempt at uni, 5 years after, and for the 5 years I was there, had this as a huge issue every lecture. It didn't matter if I found it boring or not. My eyes would start to 'go' and I'd have to fight off falling asleep.

Since I starter my current job in 2014 I've often had the same thing. I used to go sit on the toilet for 20 minutes and doze. I'd feel better after it.

Working from home had meant that I can actually have a quick nap when this happens. I will start to feel absolutely exhausted and my eyes will almost force themselves shut. I just nap for 15 minutes and I feel much better.

It can't all be related to my weight as I was skinny in high school and didn't really put on weight until about 2004. 

Edited by DA Baracus

Seen the consultant today and now on the waiting list for surgery.

Good luck Gav. I've been managing my hernia now for close on 18 months. Was added to the list after seeing a consultant last summer. Received an NHS letter last month and thought great, a date. On reading, it was another consultants appointment for MAY. Phoned the hospital to be told my initial consultant had gone long term sick and his caseload had been passed to a new consultant who wanted to see each patient for himself rather than trust the previous guys diagnosis. I tried to explain I had been scanned, diagnosed and on the list for months but the response to that was it made no difference as the "list" had barely moved as NHS Ayrshire and Arran had suspended elective surgery due to the pandemic. All very frustrating.

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A lot of the time when I have to get up (i.e. when an alarm wakes me up) I am very drowsy. It's often a real struggle to physically get up. I took a nap yesterday afternoon (was off work) and had to kept hitting snooze. Got up after an hour but felt tired the rest of the day. In these situations it's a struggle to keep my eyes open.

A few months back I had a nap when off work and struggled big time to get up. I actually thought I had got up and was going about things in an utterly convincing way but then woke up an hour later, still exhausted. Not the first time that happened.

I remember the feeling of drowsiness starting in 6th year at school. In some classes I'd just feel absolutely exhausted and my eyes would start to 'go'. It would be a huge struggle to stop them closing and me falling asleep. 

My first attempt at uni after had this as a big issue in lectures.

My second attempt at uni, 5 years after, and for the 5 years I was there, had this as a huge issue every lecture. It didn't matter if I found it boring or not. My eyes would start to 'go' and I'd have to fight off falling asleep.

Since I starter my current job in 2014 I've often had the same thing. I used to go sit on the toilet for 20 minutes and doze. I'd feel better after it.

Working from home had meant that I can actually have a quick nap when this happens. I will start to feel absolutely exhausted and my eyes will almost force themselves shut. I just nap for 15 minutes and I feel much better.

It can't all be related to my weight as I was skinny in high school and didn't really put on weight until about 2004. 

Thyroid problems.

On 04/04/2021 at 13:30, Funky Nosejob said:

Thyroid problems.

I've had a quick Google and a read of the NHS site and I worryingly have most of the symptoms for both an over and under active thyroid!

Might have to make an appointment with the GP.

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've had a quick Google and a read of the NHS site and I worryingly have most of the symptoms for both an over and under active thyroid!

It’s a simple blood test to check and easily controlled with medication.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Probably just bad AIDS, don't worry yourself