P&B Hospital

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Apparently most bodies left to science aren't accepted. They want nice young, fit corpses whose previous owners expired from natural causes. The family then has to deal with the body themselves. It does rather make you wonder what the universities are planning on doing with them in the first place (not really; they're obviously shagging them).

There's also this horror story from Phoenix, Arizona, which sounds like the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, only without anyone having broken any laws.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dead-body-parts-frankenstein-dismembered-phoenix-arizona-lab-stephen-gore-a9021786.html

That's a lovely story. I think I'll use that as my daughter's bedtime story tonight. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

That's a lovely story. I think I'll use that as my daughter's bedtime story tonight. 

Hey, she has to learn sometime.

Might want to leave out the reference to the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, as it's a bit strong for kids.

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Hey, she has to learn sometime.

Might want to leave out the reference to the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, as it's a bit strong for kids.

It was more the story in your link I was referring to.

The story of the woman's head being sewn to a male body should see her drifting off into a lovely sleep. I wonder if she'll notice the irony in the facility owner being called Mr Gore. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

It was more the story in your link I was referring to.

The story of the woman's head being sewn to a male body should see her drifting off into a lovely sleep. I wonder if she'll notice the irony in the facility owner being called Mr Gore. 

You can never start them considering career options too early.

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I have pretty severe muscular and spinal pain in the lumbar region.
I have been sitting more than usual but surely this can’t be the sole cause?
How long before I should get in touch with the crematorium?

Been taking any antibiotics lately? Or drinking too much coffee? Or been bitten by anything? 

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Apparently most bodies left to science aren't accepted. They want nice young, fit corpses whose previous owners expired from natural causes. The family then has to deal with the body themselves. It does rather make you wonder what the universities are planning on doing with them in the first place (not really; they're obviously shagging them).

There's also this horror story from Phoenix, Arizona, which sounds like the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, only without anyone having broken any laws.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dead-body-parts-frankenstein-dismembered-phoenix-arizona-lab-stephen-gore-a9021786.html

Par Jr looked green yesterday evening as she'd had some online school revision class and the teacher was showing them that body farm the FBI use to monitor how bodies decompose etc. 

Been taking any antibiotics lately? Or drinking too much coffee? Or been bitten by anything? 

Nope.
Could be the chair thing though.

Not sure medical science would want my body except as an example of what not to do kids!

12 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I have pretty severe muscular and spinal pain in the lumbar region.
I have been sitting more than usual but surely this can’t be the sole cause?
How long before I should get in touch with the crematorium?

^^^ Yer Da Getting Battered thread for this pish

16 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Save yourself and family money in funeral costs by giving your body to science. That's what I intend to do. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/donate-your-body-to-science-what-happens-2019-4

Somebody years ago gave me a joke card that looked like a Kidney donor card but it was a body donor card "in the event of my death I want my body to be used to benefit necrophiliacs" the small print said. Amusing in a sick way. I stuck the card in my wallet and forgot about it 

Years later I lost my wallet and went to the Police Station to enquire if it had been handed in. Some kind soul had handed it in so I got in back but the polis must have checked it for ID and found the joke donor card as the Desk Sergeant gave me an odd look..

Moral: clear your wallet out every so often 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Managed to cut myself three times with the bread knife this weekend. Middle finger, thumb and wrist. 

Low threshold for the P&B hospital, sling your hook there's a pandemic on.

Edited by 101

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Low threshold for the P&B hospital, sing your hook there's a pandemic on.

The cut was fine but then somehow a couple of strands of my daughter’s hair got caught in the cut/flap of skin and sliced it open even more. 

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Low threshold for the P&B hospital, sing your hook there's a pandemic on.

This was this time last year. My dog was in the bad books with the Mrs  for knocking her off her feet and leaving her lower leg and foot hanging on by a flap of skin. Healed up well though. Was due to get the metalwork removed last month but had to be binned because of the bug thing. 

DC8CA538-3A8B-4C14-992E-DD1D557E9F6B.jpeg

The dug did that just by knocking her over?

You might want to consider hiring it out as an assassin. Cujo didn't do that much damage.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The dug did that just by knocking her over?

You might want to consider hiring it out as an assassin. Cujo didn't do that much damage.

It was nastY.  About two thirds of the way down the shin it was all at a right angle. Getting her off to hospital was like an episode of Casualty or Fireman Sam. Various rescue vehicles, 6 wheel buggies, harnesses etc. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It was nastY.  About two thirds of the way down the shin it was all at a right angle. Getting her off to hospital was like an episode of Casualty or Fireman Sam. Various rescue vehicles, 6 wheel buggies, harnesses etc. 

...and you didn't even check in with this thread before calling them.

It was probably just cramp until those butchers got their hands on her.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

...and you didn't even check in with this thread before calling them.

It was probably just cramp until those butchers got their hands on her.

Had to get the ambulance go follow me on my bike to lead them to near where she was (on an old railway embankment). Quite an adventure.