P&B Hospital

Wow. This thread's certainly picked up since the last time I dropped in.

I've had something weird going on since the beginning of the year; haven't wanted to bother the medics with it as I hear they've been busy. I keep typing things that I didn't mean to type and, occasionally, I hear myself say totally different things to what I'd planned to come out of my mouth. It's a regular thing; I go over my posts on here a couple of times, as sometimes I'll come out with something totally different to what I'd meant to say and have to correct it.

I appreciate this isn't as horrifying as having massive holes in your arse, but I'm still a bit concerned.

On 02/06/2020 at 08:39, List_of_Jericho said:

I've been diagnosed with a Pionidal cyst, thought I just had a bit of a sore arse from all the cycling I'd been doing during Lockdown.

Anyway about a week ago this thing turned into a massive lump from the bottom of my back right into the cleft of the backside. Even the slightest movement was painful, I near passed out in pain after going for a pish last Thursday morning. 

Called the docs who got me seen to pretty quickly, he referred me to the surgeon but obviously with the Covid situation there's a pretty long waiting list to be seen.

I've been given a course of Antibiotics which seems to have done the trick just now, my course finishes at the weekend so will see how it goes but the lump is barely noticeable now.

Heard some horror stories about these things coming back and people being left with some pretty nasty scars; I'm hoping I've managed to get on top of it early and I might not need surgery or of I do then the damage to the backside will be minimal.

Apologies in advance for longposting. 

The perils of prolonged sitting and/or having a hot, hairy arse. 

I’ve had this before. Like the sorest plook you ever had x 1000 on your tailbone and the top of the stinky valley. The first time you sit down and realise it’s there is like a gunshot to the arse.  

Antibiotics only help after the cyst has started growing or has popped. They don’t stop it happening in the first place. 

Unfortunately you probably will need to get an operation as they do tend to come back pretty frequently unless you can get into the habit of cleaning and shaving the area regularly. However, shaving that bit can be just as likely to set it off again as much as prevent it. 

To gross you out completely, they sometimes don’t even go away. They just explode, partially heal to almost nothing, and just when you think it’s gone, an ingrowing hair will find it’s way in, make it inflamed and full of gunk sending you right back to square one with a right big sore lump on your arse bone again.

As an aside, the condition was given the nickname ‘Jeep Seat’ during WW2 due to a spike in cases amongst soldiers in the US Army, due to their hairy, dirty, wet, sweaty arses getting a prolonged rattling from driving jeeps over bumpy terrain.

All the best to you and your arse x

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

hairy, dirty, wet, sweaty arses getting a prolonged rattling

Utterly furious that I can’t find a GIF of Charlie Brooker doing his “phwoar!” shtick on the Screenwipe couch.

That would be a bit too strong for poor Kenneth, I fear.

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've had something weird going on since the beginning of the year; haven't wanted to bother the medics with it as I hear they've been busy. I keep typing things that I didn't mean to type and, occasionally, I hear myself say totally different things to what I'd planned to come out of my mouth. It's a regular thing; I go over my posts on here a couple of times, as sometimes I'll come out with something totally different to what I'd meant to say and have to correct it.

I appreciate this isn't as horrifying as having massive holes in your arse, but I'm still a bit concerned.

If you’re being serious, get to a fucking doctor, pronto.

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

If you’re being serious, get to a fucking doctor, pronto.

Yeah, I'm serious. Just wondering if this is part of getting old, or if it might be a sign of something else. I can't say I've ever heard anyone complain about anything like that before.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yeah, I'm serious. Just wondering if this is part of getting old, or if it might be a sign of something else. I can't say I've ever heard anyone complain about anything like that before.

Mrs Mathematics is a neuroradiologist: she says “get to your GP, they’re not busy “.

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics is a neuroradiologist: she says “get to your GP, they’re not busy “.

Thanks.

Of course, I've left it until I'm about to start back at work, so it'll have to wait for a month  :lol:

7 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Probably explains why you’re having such trouble working that iPad too. Or maybe just old age. 

It'll be fine, no doubt. I first noticed it at the arse end of last year, and I'm not dead yet.
(yes, I know I'm an idiot)

Get your big fat tabby arse to the doctor pronto!

• 5 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 09:49, Zen Archer Esq. said:

You don't want to end up looking half arsed.

Quick update, the abscess/cyst did return after my course of anti biotics but it ruptured itself, thankfully I was at home, blood and pus everywhere, terrible smell but has been ok since. Still waiting to hear back from the hospital about surgery.

Apparently they flare up from time to time but hopefully I'm ok for a while now.

• 6 months later...

Something weird going on with my feet today. Both big toe nails are quite painful - not that sharp pain you get when they're ingrown, but a deep, throbbing pain from the centre of the nail itself - and I've got a lot of thin slivers of peeling skin all over the soles. Also, a big chunk of skin fell off the top of one of the little toes, and the patch left is too raw for comfort.

What do we think - Long Covid?