P&B Hospital

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else had any jaw problems? Not sure if I took a knock to it at football but since Tuesday night I’ve been unable to chew without a shooting pain in the right side of my jaw. It’s fine with speaking etc. and just seems to be biting into stuff where it hurts. It’s made eating a horrible process and I’ve been mainly eating protein shakes and stuff like that since then. I also used to be able to click my jaw and now I can’t so not sure if it’s just misaligned. 😞

On 19/05/2021 at 22:34, Miguel Sanchez said:

Oh I have a heart thing

Every now and then if I move too fast or suddenly - if I bend down too quickly, start going up the stairs too quickly, start running across the road too quickly (these are the ones that come to mind off-hand) my heart will start beating really quickly and loudly. If it goes on too long I start getting this tense feeling in my neck and the only way to stop it is to sit down and take really long, deep breaths. When I do this it stops about as suddenly as it starts. I'm talking like at least twice as fast when it happens. 

Am I likely to die some time soon?

See your GP.

On 18/06/2021 at 12:43, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Anyone else had any jaw problems? Not sure if I took a knock to it at football but since Tuesday night I’ve been unable to chew without a shooting pain in the right side of my jaw. It’s fine with speaking etc. and just seems to be biting into stuff where it hurts. It’s made eating a horrible process and I’ve been mainly eating protein shakes and stuff like that since then. I also used to be able to click my jaw and now I can’t so not sure if it’s just misaligned. 😞

See your dentist.

Oh I have a heart thing

Every now and then if I move too fast or suddenly - if I bend down too quickly, start going up the stairs too quickly, start running across the road too quickly (these are the ones that come to mind off-hand) my heart will start beating really quickly and loudly. If it goes on too long I start getting this tense feeling in my neck and the only way to stop it is to sit down and take really long, deep breaths. When I do this it stops about as suddenly as it starts. I'm talking like at least twice as fast when it happens. 

Possibly, so see a doctor. That genuinely sounds quite worrying.

• 1 month later...
On 20/03/2021 at 13:40, gav-ffc said:

Seen the consultant today and now on the waiting list for surgery.

Phone call yesterday and managed to get my Hernia surgery booked for next Wednesday. Few days”isolating” before going in rather than the 10 they said back in April. 

Would imagine this is a condition which will have been discussed before, but any hints or tips would be welcome.

Have had what I would rate as mild tinnitus for a long time. A high pitched noise which is there basically 24/7 and is more/less noticeable depending on situation and surroundings. 

Lately it seems to have gotten a bit louder and more intrusive. Do any other P&Ber's suffer from similar, and have any advice or remedies for dealing with it ?

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

One of my nostrils is producing lots of hardened mucus, with blood, really quickly. I’ll blow my nose and within a couple of hours be struggling to breathe again.

Should I call the funeral directors?

Google says stop blowing your nose so much, stop breathing such dry air all the time or see your GP. I'd go with the latter if this is happening over any sort of sustained period. 

• 3 weeks later...

The wee boy poked me in the eye yesterday with the sharp end of a tube of cream. Sore as f**k at the time. 24 hours later the eye is redder than a 3 day hangover and streaming and irritable. Went to the chemist to pick up an unrelated prescription and she asked about it. Told her what happened and she sent me direct to the optician where I was seen, eye photographed, puff wind tests and dye inserted. Turns out there’s a big gash (ooer) been taken out and it requires antibiotics, anaesthetic gel and a return trip in a week to check it’s ok and no long term damage. The problem is neither of these two treatments are drops. They are gel which means using a tube to squeeze some specific amount into the eye without it touching the skin around it. Nigh on impossible. 

@Shandon Parlevels of calamity here. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

The wee boy poked me in the eye yesterday with the sharp end of a tube of cream. Sore as f**k at the time. 24 hours later the eye is redder than a 3 day hangover and streaming and irritable. Went to the chemist to pick up an unrelated prescription and she asked about it. Told her what happened and she sent me direct to the optician where I was seen, eye photographed, puff wind tests and dye inserted. Turns out there’s a big gash (ooer) been taken out and it requires antibiotics, anaesthetic gel and a return trip in a week to check it’s ok and no long term damage. The problem is neither of these two treatments are drops. They are gel which means using a tube to squeeze some specific amount into the eye without it touching the skin around it. Nigh on impossible. 

I like this wee guy. He has had a big bowl of confidence for his breakfast.

F0D3B099-D004-4B39-A26A-3F3075117061.png

13 hours ago, Rugster said:

pull your lower eyelid down and squirt the goop into the pouch formed between the lid and the eye ball

GettyImages-1132281592-2a18f424ae164921b

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:

pull your lower eyelid down and squirt the goop into the pouch formed between the lid and the eye ball

GettyImages-1132281592-2a18f424ae164921b

Nice one! That looks exactly like the tube I’ve got. But nothing like my eye 👁 😢

Apparently the tailbone can crumble over time, making it very painful to sit down. When it gets bad enough, they operate and wheech it out.

I'd never heard that before, and thought I'd share. Feel free to add to your list of Unpleasant Things That Might Happen To Me As I Age.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Feel free to add to your list of Unpleasant Things That Might Happen To Me As I Age

Apparently as you get older, it becomes increasingly difficult to hold a train of thought for any length of time and conversations can end quite unexpe

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Apparently as you get older, it becomes increasingly difficult to hold a train of thought for any length of time and conversations can end quite unexpe

Eh? About half past three.

On 06/04/2021 at 19:59, Shandon Par said:

My mum had an operation where they drilled out her sinuses to widen them. Sounded grim. 

Neighbour across the road had that done 40 years ago. I believe it was horrendous.

On 18/04/2021 at 09:03, ICTChris said:

You should go to the doctor about the heartbeat thing. It could be arrhythmia or something like that - it isn’t usually serious but it’s worth checking out. A guy I work with has it and had an episode that meant he was hospitalised but he just had to put in place some lifestyle changes - lose a bit of weight, avoid stress, lay off the cocaine and hookers.

Not worth it imho

Oh I have a heart thing

You've only so many heart beats in your lifetime, so if you're using them up twice as fast as normal...