P&B Hospital

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Walked out of the shower earlier to notice splatters of blood on my towel.  "Hmmm, where's that from?" I asked myself.  I then noticed my ankle caked in blood too.  "F*** sake, what's happened here?!".  Wiped it all away, but no evidence of a cut underneath.  

I started looking elsewhere, eventually spotting blood on my dressing gown too, and then stream of blood down my inner thigh.  I then looked further up.  Argh!!! my red-caked bawbag was gushing blood!  A barely-discernible 'cut' was the culprit, presumably triggered by the hot shower, but would it stop?  Nope.  5 mins of pressure on it would surely stop the bleeding? Absolutely not.  Just as bad as it was.

You'd have thought I'd had something amputated, in a CSI set.  Bog roll absolutely useless, so plaster applied to avoid 'Death By Bawbag' on a coroner's report.  An unwanted 'waxing' to look forward to later.  Wish me luck.

eta: I was late for a meeting in town because of this drama.  Thankfully nobody asked why.

Jesus. That started out all nice and easy and turned horrific. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Walked out of the shower earlier to notice splatters of blood on my towel.  "Hmmm, where's that from?" I asked myself.  I then noticed my ankle caked in blood too.  "F*** sake, what's happened here?!".  Wiped it all away, but no evidence of a cut underneath.  

I started looking elsewhere, eventually spotting blood on my dressing gown too, and then stream of blood down my inner thigh.  I then looked further up.  Argh!!! my red-caked bawbag was gushing blood!  A barely-discernible 'cut' was the culprit, presumably triggered by the hot shower, but would it stop?  Nope.  5 mins of pressure on it would surely stop the bleeding? Absolutely not.  Just as bad as it was.

You'd have thought I'd had something amputated, in a CSI set.  Bog roll absolutely useless, so plaster applied to avoid 'Death By Bawbag' on a coroner's report.  An unwanted 'waxing' to look forward to later.  Wish me luck.

eta: I was late for a meeting in town because of this drama.  Thankfully nobody asked why.

How does the temperature of the shower break the skin? It must've been volcanic.

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Beat me to it, why folk dont just admit they shave their bawbag I just don't know.

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Maybe he was just washing them

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1llLFgkwMOVLwYYxQgXi

It was genuinely a routine shower. Nae blades, nae particular fuss.  Towel (in need of softener) taking out a high tempo blood blister I reckon.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

It was genuinely a routine shower. Nae blades, nae particular fuss.  Towel (in need of softener) taking out a high tempo blood blister I reckon.

Oh that's alright then. Blood blisters on your scrotum are barely worth mentioning.

• 4 weeks later...

Kidney area is really quite painful.

It could be back pain from @Melanius Mullarkay running circles round me at 5's last night, but I'm pretty sure it's my kidneys.

I had a bit of pain in that area last week, had another pee, and the pain disappeared after about 10 mins.

I got up in last night, had a small pee, had a small pee this morning (when it is usually a large amount), had another small pee after that. Still quite sore. Moving around is a struggle. I'm just drinking heaps of water right now to see if I can clear my kidneys.

I usually have bother holding on to my pee.

Not sweating or feverish, so not overly concerned.

Does this sound like kidney stones?

26 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It could be back pain from @Melanius Mullarkay running circles round me at 5's last night, but I'm pretty sure it's my kidneys.

I had a bit of pain in that area last week, had another pee, and the pain disappeared after about 10 mins.

I got up in last night, had a small pee, had a small pee this morning (when it is usually a large amount), had another small pee after that. Still quite sore. Moving around is a struggle. I'm just drinking heaps of water right now to see if I can clear my kidneys.

How old are you, mate?  It could be the beginning of prostrate trouble especially if you're peeing a lot frequency wise but a little volume wise.  

I had kidney stones for years but there were no symptoms -it was picked up on an x-ray for something else - but I think they passed naturally as I had a few experiences over a period of time when I almost passed out when peeing.

All that said, the pain in the kidneys probably points to kidney trouble rather than prostrate.

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

How old are you, mate?  It could be the beginning of prostrate trouble especially if you're peeing a lot frequency wise but a little volume wise.  

I had kidney stones for years but there were no symptoms -it was picked up on an x-ray for something else - but I think they passed naturally as I had a few experiences over a period of time when I almost passed out when peeing.

All that said, the pain in the kidneys probably points to kidney trouble rather than prostrate.

I'm 42. 

The pain is higher than my prostate, definitely my kidneys.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yes…

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I'm 42. 

The pain is higher than my prostate, definitely my kidneys.

…but let’s check it a bit:

In my experience, a kidney stone pain is most commonly from roughly mid back, to one side and wraps down and forward/around. The easiest way I decide it’s a stone is that the pain is very distinctive. It’s a mild to intense modulating pain, that cycles over a 30-45 minute time period. When it’s cycling down you can do things almost normally, when it cycles up you want to curl up, throw up and cry. There is generally one position (often lying, sometimes stretching arms up) that makes the pain slight better during the peaks. If that’s the pain, I’d say 90%+ stone.

The peeing behaviour is quite characteristic, as the stone usually has a lovely set of protuberances that cause it to tumble and catch while moving down the ureter, and which often causes between a mild pink and significant red tinge to the pee.

Best way to tell your susceptibility to a stone is the normal colour of your urine. Straw-coloured is the goal that means you’re drinking sufficient water to reduce stone formation. Any darker yellow is a warning to drink more water.

Treatment is usually pain meds and some version of Flomax (tamsulosin…I think possibly available OTC in the UK), a medicine that’s a muscle relaxer for the urinary tract, hopefully increasing the flow, and thus movement of the stone. Add to that straining your pee to catch the little bugger so they can tell you what type it was.

If it won’t clear itself, it’s normally because it’s lodged…but most often that’s not terribly painful. Lithotripsy is a bullshite treatment that’s over used and under performs, IMO.

On 20/08/2023 at 10:08, Derry Alli said:

:lol:

Hope you're better soon, Johnny boy.

Turns out it's back pain from @Melanius Mullarkay ripping the pish out me on Friday's 5's.

Been on pain killers the last couple of days, pain isn't as bad as Saturday, just so slow in moving and bending. Fud.

I'm still not giving in to the walking football.

Thanks to @Aubrey Maturin for reaching out.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Turns out it's back pain from @Melanius Mullarkay ripping the pish out me on Friday's 5's.

Been on pain killers the last couple of days, pain isn't as bad as Saturday, just so slow in moving and bending. Fud.

I'm still not giving in to the walking football.

Thanks to @Aubrey Maturin for reaching out.

I’m glad you’re feeling better, and @Aubrey Maturin is a great guy but please take cognisance of this. 

IMG_0279.png