P&B Hospital

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I get that every so often. Keep thinking I should probably get checked out, but haven’t done so and I’m still here. 

I think it was most likely too much coffee or too much vaping. Or a combination of both. 

It's away now anyway.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Since morning I have had a sensation in my chest like the fluttering feeling of anxiety, but minus the anxiety.

In fact, it's giving me anxiety.

Do you reckon I'm having a heart attack?

Maybe just heartburn? 

I have a horrible feeling that I've had a nasty bug bite and its notlw infected. Feeling really grotty and the bite itself has gotten pretty angry looking. Been using over counter bite and sting cream, but it's not really made any difference.

Will a pharmacy be able to sort us out with something does anyone know?

1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

I have a horrible feeling that I've had a nasty bug bite and its notlw infected. Feeling really grotty and the bite itself has gotten pretty angry looking. Been using over counter bite and sting cream, but it's not really made any difference.

Will a pharmacy be able to sort us out with something does anyone know?

Careful, a lot depends on any underlying conditions. I ended up in the ER for a nasty looking bug bite, and then admitted because the IV antibiotic (vancomycin) they tried cause me to turn red and start itching like a maniac. Would lean more to an A&E visit than a pharmacy.

7 minutes ago, Tynie Bagstock said:

If it's infected you will need antibiotics from a GP.

Mark the redness around the bite and ensure its not tracking. Check you temperature and make sure it's below 37.5 and you're not tachycardic.  Push fluids and make sure you're passing urine.

If in doubt phone 111 just now.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Careful, a lot depends on any underlying conditions. I ended up in the ER for a nasty looking bug bite, and then admitted because the IV antibiotic (vancomycin) they tried cause me to turn red and start itching like a maniac. Would lean more to an A&E visit than a pharmacy.

Cheers folks, the redness has definately extended through the course of today so will ring my GP first thing tomorrow.

Is there officially an age when we stop 'falling over' and instead must refer to it as 'had a fall'? 

My ankle went AWOL on the rocks earlier and there's bits of me that didn't even make contact and are now aching. 

Worse still, I only had one pint afterwards and then had to walk home.  

Edited by IncomingExile

1 hour ago, IncomingExile said:

Is there officially an age when we stop 'falling over' and instead must refer to it as 'had a fall'? 

My ankle went AWOL on the rocks earlier and there's bits of me that didn't even make contact and are now aching. 

Worse still, I only had one pint afterwards and then had to walk home.  

Falling over is when you trip in public and witnesses either laugh or ask if you're alright.

Having a fall is when you trip in public and witnesses immediately start dialling 999 while others tell you "just stay where you are dear, the ambulance will be here soon".

My mother discovered that she'd crossed over into the latter category a while back  :shutup

The cleggs are horrific this year, I must’ve had half a dozen bites already but actually been doing okay by being vigilant and keeping on top of the antihistamines and cortisone cream. However, picked up another one yesterday on my upper arm, stupidly didn’t deal with it at the time and it’s driven me up the wall all night. Would quite happily take the amputation with a blunt Stanley knife right now. 

8 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I had a group of 3 bug bites that itched like hell. 24 hours and a bit of cortisol-10 and I have this....

It's amputation time isn't it?

Image (2).jpeg

From the waist down, just to be sure.

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I had a group of 3 bug bites that itched like hell. 24 hours and a bit of cortisol-10 and I have this....

It's amputation time isn't it?

Image (2).jpeg

That's the T-Virus m8.

Trust me, I'm a nurse*.

Spoiler

*A student mental health nurse.

I was out for a run yesterday and I've done something to my leg. Feels like the muscle on the inside of my right thigh. I can move the leg/foot around no problem when I'm sitting down, but when I stand up, try to walk or bend over it's too sore and I can't. Walking and bending over (and coughing) are the only movements I've managed that are actually too painful to do normally, so I can't really tell what it is or how long it'll take to go away.

I was diagnosed with "Golfer's elbow" a couple of months ago. Using exercises and the occasional ibuprofen, managed to get it to calm down. 

I the midst of a mad flare up just now. Had to get Scott to push the shopping trolley the other day, even that was too much.