P&B Hospital

40 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I tried my friends smart watch on the other day for a couple of minutes, and my resting heart rate was 120 bpm. I think i might be due a heart attack soon.

One of my mates went on a course with work and calculated his at 110bpm, he was 25 at the time and a fairly heavy smoker and drinker. Guy running the course asked him to have a seat and take it easy for a bit :lol:

I’ve got a running watch that tracks HR and it can be hit and miss at times. Finger on the neck and count it out is the best way imo 

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Was it yours? 

I wish it hadn't been.

Thankfully it recovered without surgery. There's no terror quite like that engendered by realising your stauner has a 90° bend in the middle.

Cutting up green beans for Sunday lunch, took the top off my left thumb.

Very sharp knife so little pain...... initially.

Then the fountain of blood and it's been weeping blood ever since.

Extra iron in the veggies for my family though, so not all bad.

Off to see the surgeon this afternoon, wounds look clean (to me anyway) and healing well so hopefully I might get a return-to-work date.

Still get tired more quickly than I used to, and I lack stamina (no tantric sex for a while methinks) but hopefully he'll let me go back (otherwise I'll be broke soon!)

On 02/10/2023 at 15:39, Jives Miguel said:

I tried my friends smart watch on the other day for a couple of minutes, and my resting heart rate was 120 bpm. I think i might be due a heart attack soon.

That’s actually how I knew I was sick, I was in bed and my resting heart rate was up at 115bpm. I ended up in hospital the same night.

I think the best time to measure your heart rate is just as soon as you wake up while you are still in bed.  I have an app on my phone that does it and last time I did it I was 56 bpm, which I was pretty pleased with.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think the best time to measure your heart rate is just as soon as you wake up while you are still in bed.  I have an app on my phone that does it and last time I did it I was 56 bpm, which I was pretty pleased with.

Waking up at all is a great start for some of us.

Back at work yesterday, absolutely knackered last night, thankfully I had enough sense to ask the surgeon for a Thursday start back and not a full week.

Going well so far everyone (kids especially) seem very happy to see me!

Just now, Raidernation said:

Back at work yesterday, absolutely knackered last night, thankfully I had enough sense to ask the surgeon for a Thursday start back and not a full week.

Going well so far everyone (kids especially) seem very happy to see me!

Outstanding to hear! Dial it back a bit for next week, limit yourself more than you think you need to, and you’ll sail through it!

Couple of incidents this week in Tenerife with my wee girl who may well actually be offspring of @Shandon Par as she is clumsy as f**k. First one wasn’t clumsy to be fair (but she really is) but we’d walked a fair distance in the heat (too far, our fault) and she said she couldn’t move and started crying. I think it was dehydration and she was saying she couldn’t move because she was dizzy. She was fine after about a litre of water 

Today at the water park she went down a slide and collided with another kid and knocked one of her teeth out. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Outstanding to hear! Dial it back a bit for next week, limit yourself more than you think you need to, and you’ll sail through it!

It's no too bad, only two days this week and effectively only 3 next because of parent conferences.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

It's no too bad, only two days this week and effectively only 3 next because of parent conferences.

I have to laugh at the suggestion parent conferences are easier than classes…unless your parents are rational

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Couple of incidents this week in Tenerife with my wee girl who may well actually be offspring of @Shandon Par as she is clumsy as f**k. First one wasn’t clumsy to be fair (but she really is) but we’d walked a fair distance in the heat (too far, our fault) and she said she couldn’t move and started crying. I think it was dehydration and she was saying she couldn’t move because she was dizzy. She was fine after about a litre of water 

Today at the water park she went down a slide and collided with another kid and knocked one of her teeth out. 

When my girl (now 18) was a nipper she was at a hotel kids’ club one night. She did a cartwheel and volleyed some boy in the face, causing him to blub for the rest of the night.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Dyspraxic?

On 13/10/2023 at 14:05, TxRover said:

I have to laugh at the suggestion parent conferences are easier than classes…unless your parents are rational

Never really had a problem.

Also I don't have any conferences this time as I haven't been teaching any kids so far this year.