Kieran Tierney

3 hours ago, Satoshi said:

This thread, and the Gilmour thread, gets far more attention than the threads of players playing regularly (and playing well).

And there was no part of you that thought that this is because it's a cause for concern? Players playing regularly is generally what you want/expect, players hardly playing is concerning and will naturally be talked about a bit more.

I already know I'm wasting my time here, as 10 minutes off the bench every few weeks is perfect.

2 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Has played 5% of minutes in Arsenal last 10 league games. At the moment he is clearly only doing well in your head. 

His lack of match fitness is now becoming worrying for upcoming Scotland games. 

If you thought that, why not bet on Clarke not starting him in the next game?

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

Name and shame.

Unless it’s just your normal response for losing an argument. 

What would the point in that be? It's actually quite obvious to anyone reading the thread.

But if you're unsure, have a look at the posters contributions on this forum. If 80% or more of their posts are negative about our team and our players then you have the right demographic.

And I'm not surprised they don't like being called out, if I had those views I wouldn't like the mirror held up to me either.

It's not a uniquely Scottish thing and you certainly see it on club forums too, but Scottish national team seems to attract proportionally more than I have seen elsewhere. Constant doom must inhibit their heads, and they would far rather post about someone doing badly than doing well.

2 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

It would be a yes, no matter how you try to twist it. In recent months Tierney has been 3rd choice left back in the league. Again you know this.

Your spectacular fall from arguing about Tierney being the best left back at Arsenal to at least being better than Greg Taylor is something else. Almost on par will your Billy Gilmour being as good as Modric chat. I believe you also had McTominay down as a world beater. Keep digging on all fronts though chump. It gives us all a laugh.

No, I asked a question if you thought that Tomiyasu had played more at left back than Tierney this season and the answer is an emphatic no.

To be clear, since October 1st Tierney has made 12 league appearances at left back (1 start). Tomiyasu started 4 games in a row in October, and hasn't played there since. Since Tomiyasu last played left back (30th October) Tierney has played there 6 times in the league, started twice in the FA cup, started once in the EFL cup and started once in the Europa League. To say that Tierney is the third choice left back is incorrect (26 appearances vs 4), to say he is the third choice left back since October is also incorrect given the above.

Given in previous posts you completely fabricated quotes (then rowed away from it when called out) I'm not surprised you have continued down this path in your subsequent posts. To be clear, none of the above things happened. And if you are going to lie so blatantly and so shamelessly at least make it interesting - can the next post be about how I posted on another thread the sky was green and the moon landings faked? You could just say that you got it wrong and that, actually, Tierney probably isn't third choice left back. But we both know you won't, and to be fair, I'm quite entertained by the wild tales you come out with so keep it up.

I don't quite have the creativity to make things up like you do, so I'll stick to the dispassionate facts.

I'm not surprised that this season Tierney has avoided recurring injury problems, and I hope that the mini rest he has been getting will have resolved his recurring injuries for good. If so, this has been a great season for Tierney long term career, and for the national team. 

13 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

And there was no part of you that thought that this is because it's a cause for concern? Players playing regularly is generally what you want/expect, players hardly playing is concerning and will naturally be talked about a bit more.

I already know I'm wasting my time here, as 10 minutes off the bench every few weeks is perfect.

Possibly, I guess some people live their life focusing on causes for concern rather than spending (at least some of the time) looking at positives things in life.

Wouldn't be me though.

FWIW, I remember not too long ago when 0 Scotland players played regularly in the EPL (or any top leagues) and we were performing poorly relative to our peers. Not only do we have much better players now, we also have a better team that is qualifying for international tournaments.

It's a great time to be a Scotland fan. You wouldn't get this impression reading this sub forum, so I'm happy to provide a bit of balance.

39 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

No, I asked a question if you thought that Tomiyasu had played more at left back than Tierney this season and the answer is an emphatic no.

In the league, Tierney is now 3rd choice left back. That is just an unfortunate fact m9. But just you continue to post irrelevant stats. It's your thing. I get it. 👍

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

If that was the case the same would apply to Zinchenko.

Possibly. But it could be argued that KT is more familiar with the treatment room and the manager just prefers Zinchenco. 

That can always change. 

KT just needs a run of games to prove his worth

56 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Not only do we have much better players now, we also have a better team that is qualifying for international tournaments.

It's a great time to be a Scotland fan. 

We’ve qualified for one major tournament since 1998. Hardly a “great period” in Scottish international history.

The only way I can see them taking the Europa League properly seriously is if they have already won the title, or if they have a calamitous collapse and are completely out of contention. It's always going to take the back seat to their first league title in nearly two decades.

18 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

In the league, Tierney is now 3rd choice left back. That is just an unfortunate fact m9. But just you continue to post irrelevant stats. It's your thing. I get it. 👍

Irrelevant stats like how many times they have played left back in the league?

If Tomiyasu is second choice left back in the league why has he only played there 4 times and Tierney 17? Why has Tierney played there 6 times in the league since Tomiyasu last played there?

Tomiyasu at left back looks like an experiment Arteta had in October and he hasn't even thought of replicating since.

Do you think 4 is a bigger number than 17?

Don't know where else to go from here really, it really does boil down to that. 

18 hours ago, Binos said:

What would be a positive is if Tierney could get to a club where he starts every week 

Positive for him,  positive for us

Possibly, but it would be a negative if it was some crap team (which, of course, it wouldn't be).

He will likely move at the end of the season, let's just hope his next team doesn't pick him for 60 games a season.

18 hours ago, Molotov said:

We’ve qualified for one major tournament since 1998. Hardly a “great period” in Scottish international history.

Or, alternatively, we have qualified for 1 of the last 2 and reached a playoff in the other.

Kinda my point, some people will look at a glass 80% full, others will see it as 20% empty.

15 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Tierney would walk into that Brazil World Cup team though.

But that would only be possible if Zinchenko or Tomiyasu weren’t Brazilian. Maybe Greg Taylor as well.

Tierney is still miles better than Alex Telles and probably better than Alex Sandro. There's no doubt he would be in the Brazil squad.

Or do you seriously think Alex Telles is better?

Edited by Satoshi

18 hours ago, Molotov said:

7 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Or, alternatively, we have qualified for 1 of the last 2 and reached a playoff in the other.

Kinda my point, some people will look at a glass 80% full, others will see it as 20% empty.

well, that would be half full or half empty in terms of looking at qualification of last 2 tournaments..

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

well, that would be half full or half empty in terms of looking at qualification of last 2 tournaments..

Yeah that's why I said it was a "great time" to be a Scotland fan. Not a "great period" in Scottish football history, that's just misquoting (fairly common on this thread). 

We are in the best position we have been in for about 25 years. Of course that's a great time to be fan.

Of course people can and will negatively spin anything, that's kinda my point. We didn't qualify for a major tournament for an abnormally long period of time, then we did. 

Edited by Satoshi

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Tomiyasu at left back looks like an experiment Arteta had in October and he hasn't even thought of replicating since.

Not sure if Arteta is the kind of guy to try an "experiment" during a title challenge. Anyway, I will humour you. Tomiyasu's run at left back ended after 4 games after picking up an injury in the Europa League. Did Arteta opt for Tierney for the next league game? nope, he experimented with a half fit Zinchenko. If Zinchnko picks up another injury and Ben White is fit, my money is on Tomiyasu starting at left back again. He has started more games LB than Tierney since October and the "experiment" worked (3 wins 1 draw).

49 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Not sure if Arteta is the kind of guy to try an "experiment" during a title challenge. Anyway, I will humour you. Tomiyasu's run at left back ended after 4 games after picking up an injury in the Europa League. Did Arteta opt for Tierney for the next league game? nope, he experimented with a half fit Zinchenko. If Zinchnko picks up another injury and Ben White is fit, my money is on Tomiyasu starting at left back again. He has started more games LB than Tierney since October and the "experiment" worked (3 wins 1 draw).

Ah, so you're basing it on what you think Arteta would do, rather than what he has actually done in playing Tierney there 26 games and Tomiyasu there 4 games.

It's a bold strategy.

But at least you aren't contesting that Tomiyasu 4 league games at left back is a higher number than Tierney's 17. 

Fair play for keeping this up, most posters would have taken the loss and moved on. 

Just now, Satoshi said:

Ah, so you're basing it on what you think Arteta would do, rather than what he has actually done in playing Tierney there 26 games and Tomiyasu there 4 games.

You clearly didn't read my post or you are just on the wind up. It looks very much the latter so I will leave you to your Tierney fantasies. It's little wonder you have been banned from this forum several times.