Kieran Tierney

Arteta's response when quizzed about players not getting many minutes, Tierney being the player cited by journalist.

I don’t know, I’m not thinking about that. I’m thinking about what’s best for the team and the players who earn the right to play minutes, that they all deserve. We’re going to try and do that in the next couple of games.

Mikel Arteta

https://www.arsenal.com/news/every-word-mikels-pre-everton-presser-0

Not sure that really clears the situation up. He kind of got words mixed up so the quote is the interpretation by Arsenal's website. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Satoshi has gone from "Kieran is better than Zinchenko".

To: "Well, Kieran is definitely better than Greg Taylor".

No, I think its the Arsenal manager (Bertie Mee ?) who is thinking that. Best get yourself to Newcastle young Kieran....and only a couple of hours Gallowgate to Gallowgate...

18 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Do you think Tomiyasu has played more games at left back for Arsenal than Tierney this season?

By omission I take it you admit you made those quotes up. It's a bold strategy - I'll give you that.

18 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Tomiyasu has started more league games at left back than Tiernay since October. 

That would be a no, then.

Tomiyasu has made 4 appearances at left back all season, Tierney has made 26. Calling him a third choice left back is pretty funny, as was making up those quotes then rowing away from it.

I'm impressed by your dedication to getting it wrong, I think we are all excited to see what you will come away with next.

6 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Add that 1 appearance to the stats, never mind its only 10 mins as a sub while 4-0 up

Some people on this thread would have certainly preferred if it didn't happen, and he had stayed on the bench and/or reserves.

Tough luck for them I guess.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

Some people on this thread would have certainly preferred if it didn't happen, and he had stayed on the bench and/or reserves.

Can you please point out anyone on this thread who seriously wants to see one of our best players stuck on the bench or reserves please? You are talking absolute nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Can you please point out anyone on this thread who seriously wants to see one of our best players stuck on the bench or reserves please? You are talking absolute nonsense. 

Have a look at the op of the thread dropped for an answer on this.

This thread, and the Gilmour thread, gets far more attention than the threads of players playing regularly (and playing well).

One poster only posted about Scott McKenna when he made a mistake in a game, and hasn't posted about him before or since.

The idea that this forum is some utopia where everyone is supportive of the players and wants them to thrive is sheer naivety I'm afraid.

Some fans (of all club and national teams) love to talk the team and players down. It certainly looks to me to be more common amongst Scottish football supporters. But I'm sure it also exists to greater and lesser extents in all footballing nations.

Edited by Satoshi

Then clearly plenty of non serious Scotland fans post on this site then.

Of course, all the actual complaining about him not playing - will have zero affect on whether he plays or not.

If he wants more first team football he will be able to get it, easily. You can't blame the guy for wanting to stay with a team having their best ever season rather than make it all about him and try and force a move in January. He's appreciated by his coach and team mates for being a model pro, gets paid millions a year, and has a good chance of ending the season with a league winners medal.

If that's doing badly, I would like to see who's doing well.

46 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Then clearly plenty of non serious Scotland fans post on this site then.

Of course, all the actual complaining about him not playing - will have zero affect on whether he plays or not.

If he wants more first team football he will be able to get it, easily. You can't blame the guy for wanting to stay with a team having their best ever season rather than make it all about him and try and force a move in January. He's appreciated by his coach and team mates for being a model pro, gets paid millions a year, and has a good chance of ending the season with a league winners medal.

If that's doing badly, I would like to see who's doing well.

Has played 5% of minutes in Arsenal last 10 league games. At the moment he is clearly only doing well in your head. 

His lack of match fitness is now becoming worrying for upcoming Scotland games. 

Edited by dundeefc1783

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

Name and shame.

Unless it’s just your normal response for losing an argument. 

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

That would be a no, then.

Tomiyasu has made 4 appearances at left back all season, Tierney has made 26. Calling him a third choice left back is pretty funny, as was making up those quotes then rowing away from it.

It would be a yes, no matter how you try to twist it. In recent months Tierney has been 3rd choice left back in the league. Again you know this.

Your spectacular fall from arguing about Tierney being the best left back at Arsenal to at least being better than Greg Taylor is something else. Almost on par will your Billy Gilmour being as good as Modric chat. I believe you also had McTominay down as a world beater. Keep digging on all fronts though chump. It gives us all a laugh.

17 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I don’t think that will cause Clarke an issue as long as KT is fit to start. 

I don't disagree that it won't change whether he starts or not but is a concern of how much will we actually get out of him with 2 games in 5 days and what will his performance level be like. 

In the recent games I have seen him play for Arsenal he has looked like a shell of the player he was but hopefully that's down to this inverted role not suiting him.

9 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I don't disagree that it won't change whether he starts or not but is a concern of how much will we actually get out of him with 2 games in 5 days and what will his performance level be like. 

In the recent games I have seen him play for Arsenal he has looked like a shell of the player he was but hopefully that's down to this inverted role not suiting him.

That’s what worried me a bit. The last game I watched I thought he looked like he’d lost a lot of confidence, which is hardly surprising. The times I have seen him play after coming back from injury he looks like he needs a couple of games to get back to his best so that’s a worry too.

The one good thing is that Arsenal have been playing him in Europe and there are two Europa League games before the Scotland matches. If Arteta keeps to his usual habits he should play in those, which should help.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

His current domestic manager may be influenced by his injury record.

He has unfortunately missed significant periods for someone so young.

FC191B88-F44A-479A-9EE0-19933A2D49D9.thumb.jpeg.33a97cdb21e62e6119f046522eba0959.jpeg