Kieran Tierney

10 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Arteta will probably punt him in the summer. Arteta has mostly moved on Emery’s dud signings.

Maybe KT could link up again with Emery at the Villa as back up to Digne.

I shouldn't even be dignefying that with a response

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Despite Arsenal being on worst run of season and rumblings of Arteta not being happy with things he still can't get a game. 

Has only had 12 minutes of league football this year and has only completed 90 league minutes  twice all season with last one being mid sept. And has only started 1 league match in 5 months. 

Is his position in the Scotland starting 11 in jeopardy? Unless we need him as central half I can't see him starting.

9 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Despite Arsenal being on worst run of season and rumblings of Arteta not being happy with things he still can't get a game. 

Has only had 12 minutes of league football this year and has only completed 90 league minutes  twice all season with last one being mid sept. And has only started 1 league match in 5 months. 

Is his position in the Scotland starting 11 in jeopardy? Unless we need him as central half I can't see him starting.

He’ll probably still start, still one of the best players we have even when rusty with no game time.

13 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

He’ll probably still start, still one of the best players we have even when rusty with no game time.

A fully fit Tierney yes I agree but we have Robertson and Taylor both playing regularly at LB. As it stands currently imo he should not be starting ahead of either of them. If we stick with 4 at the back I don't see where he plays at the moment in time. 

4 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

A fully fit Tierney yes I agree but we have Robertson and Taylor both playing regularly at LB. As it stands currently imo he should not be starting ahead of either of them. If we stick with 4 at the back I don't see where he plays at the moment in time. 

If I was playing regularly at LB for my local Sunday league team would you rather me start ahead of Tierney as well?

41 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

We don’t usually play Tierney instead of Robertson at LB though.

57 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This inverted fullback nonsense can get in the sea.  Tierney isn’t playing and needs to move. Zinchenko is a better player and can do more than Tierney can.  No shame in that. 

Zinchenko has been poor for quite a few games now, despite scoring today he was poor again. It will be interesting to see if Tierney gets a game again. 

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

This inverted fullback nonsense can get in the sea.  Tierney isn’t playing and needs to move. Zinchenko is a better player and can do more than Tierney can.  No shame in that. 

Zinchenko is better at certain things, whereas Tierney is better at others. I wouldn’t say Zinchenko is a better player at all, just a different style. 

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

What exactly are we meaning by “inverted fullback”? 

To me when players are “inverted” it typically means they’re playing on the opposite side of the pitch than there favoured foot - i.e. Salah being left footed playing from the right wing.

11 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What exactly are we meaning by “inverted fullback”? 

To me when players are “inverted” it typically means they’re playing on the opposite side of the pitch than there favoured foot - i.e. Salah being left footed playing from the right wing.

It means they are coming in field and playing more centrally. Zinchenko is more often acting as an extra midfielder than playing nearer the touch line as a more usual LB.

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It means they are coming in field and playing more centrally. Zinchenko is more often acting as an extra midfielder than playing nearer the touch line as a more usual LB.

Ah ok, gotcha. Trent Alexander Arnold sometimes does that as well.