Kieran Tierney

• 2 weeks later...

Neil Lennon today - "Tierney desperately needs surgery so wont be able to play for Scotland in the Summer qualifiers"

Neil Lennon today - "Tierney will be back playing for us in a meaningless league game in a week or two"

:lol:

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Neil Lennon today - "Tierney desperately needs surgery so wont be able to play for Scotland in the Summer qualifiers"

Neil Lennon today - "Tierney will be back playing for us in a meaningless league game in a week or two"

Yeah I started reading the article and thought "Och if he needs surgery then that's fair enough"... then read the rest.

What a bellend.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shocker, didn't expect that at all.  Scotland should.just tell him to fk off, say they're worried about burnout so are going to give him three years off.

24 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

What do you expect him to say? "We're sending him for surgery now so that he can miss the rest of our season and be fit in time for the Scotland games"

Fantasy land stuff

They could have done it two weeks ago.so he could be fit for the cup final or he could delay it another week and be fit for Scotland.  They're scheduling basically says 'f**k Scotland '.  So f**k.him too. Zero commitment to playing for Scotland, I'd love to see us quality for the Euro's and leave a fit Tierney at home.  

Why do you think Robertson's surgery just happened to be scheduled for an international break? Exactly the same thing. Clubs have invested in these players and will be looking to protect their investment in order to maximise their playing time for the club. They don't give a f**k about Scotland and why should they?

Should we banish every player whose club make a decision that prioritises them over the national team? We wouldn't have any players left

Why do you think Robertson's surgery just happened to be scheduled for an international break? Exactly the same thing. Clubs have invested in these players and will be looking to protect their investment in order to maximise their playing time for the club. They don't give a f**k about Scotland and why should they?
Should we banish every player whose club make a decision that prioritises them over the national team? We wouldn't have any players left

Given he’s an employee of Celtic, I’m amazed that people expect him to miss club games so as to be fit for internationals.

This really is entitlement on behalf of Scotland fans who prioritise country over club (or other things, too). Players shouldn’t be expected to do the same.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Given he’s an employee of Celtic, I’m amazed that people expect him to miss club games so as to be fit for internationals.

This really is entitlement on behalf of Scotland fans who prioritise country over club (or other things, too). Players shouldn’t be expected to do the same.

We simply expect him to show a modicum of commitment to playing for Scotland. He demonstrably does not.  That's unarguable.

11 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Robertson was willing to book a separate flight and play, he was advised not to.  You don't speak for players, a lot of them, Robertson included, do care about playing for their country.  Tierney is singled out cause he obviously doesn't.  Or more likely he's a daft wee boy being lead astray by Celtic.

We simply expect him to show a modicum of commitment to playing for Scotland. He demonstrably does not.  That's unarguable.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I just think it’s not particularly important, nor should it impact on his future consideration for future squads.

I also think he’s stagnating into a mediocre player, and if Robertson, who at this point is a better player anyway, did the same - as could well happen at some point - the reaction would be much more forgiving.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I don’t necessarily disagree with that. I just think it’s not particularly important, nor should it impact on his future consideration for future squads.

I also think he’s stagnating into a mediocre player, and if Robertson did the same - as could well happen at some point - the reaction would be much more forgiving.

Because Robertson has demonstrated his commitment already.  I think a player's level of commitment should absolutely be a factor in deciding their future involvement.  If we qualify and Tierney has pulled out of half of more of the squads he doesn't deserve a place in our tournament squad.

I agree he is regressing, and Celtic are now being detrimental for his development.  Ironically a bigger club who play more important games would see him withdraw less than being at Celtic does, as he's less important for say spurs than Celtic. 

Although it wouldn't be a club like that now, two years ago sure but now he'll have to go to a lesser club and prove himself before he gets a move like that. 

Two and a half years ago he was the best player on the park against Man City in a 3-3 draw.  That's when his stock was highest, if he'd left the following summer the biggest clubs in the world would have been all over him.  Not now.  Funnily enough good performances in international football would help with that, games against Hamilton and Motherwell will not.

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

What do you expect him to say? "We're sending him for surgery now so that he can miss the rest of our season and be fit in time for the Scotland games"

Fantasy land stuff

My point isnt that he should not play for Celtic and then play for Scotland.

The point is hes apparently completely incapable of playing for Scotland in the Summer as this surgery simply cannot wait and it could impact his career. Yet it's not so desperate they'll leave him out the final, meaningless, league games so he can get it early.

25 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

You can keep calling them meaningless games as much as you want. It doesn't make them so. The cup final is still to come for a start

That's the only one, he could have had it two weeks ago and been available for both.  If it needs to be managed he could miss the next two and play the last one and be fit for the cup final and Scotland.  They are talking about him being available this weekend.  Their attitude.is basically fk Scotland.  They could delay it a week and he could be available for Scotland.  There's lots of ways.

8 hours ago, Kuro said:

That's the only one, he could have had it two weeks ago and been available for both.  If it needs to be managed he could miss the next two and play the last one and be fit for the cup final and Scotland.  They are talking about him being available this weekend.  Their attitude.is basically fk Scotland.  They could delay it a week and he could be available for Scotland.  There's lots of ways.

Who really cares. He clearly doesn’t want to play for Scotland so f**k him. In reality he’s our 2nd choice left back who previous managers shoe-horned in at other positions which he was keek in.

He has no ambition or as somebody mentioned he would have left Celtic 2 years ago when his reputation was excellent.

Lets just let him indulge his fantasy of winning ten in a row and let Scotland move on.