Kieran Tierney

10 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

You can keep calling them meaningless games as much as you want. It doesn't make them so. The cup final is still to come for a start

What "meaning" do they have? They've won the league, and how won the 11 of the last 12 games hes not involved in.

If the surgery was so desperate, theres no reason to keep him playing through an injury.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

"Every Scotland game since November 2007 has been meaningless."

Discuss. 

With hindsight, yes.

I done caring about Tierney tbh, if he isn't arsed about representing Scotland then fine. If he wants to show up and play, fine. Left back isn't really a position we need to worry about.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

"Every Scotland game since November 2007 has been meaningless."

Discuss. 

Given that you picked November 2007 because it was a match which would have secured us progression from a group, you'd also have to include several other games as being "meaningful", including Netherlands at home in 2009, Spain away in 2011 and Slovenia away in 2017.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Given that you picked November 2007 because it was a match which would have secured us progression from a group, you'd also have to include several other games as being "meaningful", including Netherlands at home in 2009, Spain away in 2011 and Slovenia away in 2017.

I was going to go with Netherlands in 2003 then I remembered 2007 as the last time I felt any optimism about Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I was going to go with Netherlands in 2003 then I remembered 2007 as the last time I felt any optimism about Scotland. 

you probably need to rephrase your statement then, or was it a command? never quite know when "Discuss" is immediately tagged on....

8 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

you probably need to rephrase your statement then, or was it a command? never quite know when "Discuss" is immediately tagged on....

It was a proposition to be explored and debated, which is what is happening right now.  I'm so pleased everything worked out exactly as intended. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

With hindsight, yes.

I done caring about Tierney tbh, if he isn't arsed about representing Scotland then fine. If he wants to show up and play, fine. Left back isn't really a position we need to worry about.

it was in Kazakhstan.

On 03/05/2019 at 11:08, The OP said:

Typical Celtic fan.  Only optimistic if the team is doing well. Bails out when the going gets tough. 

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Typical Celtic fan.  Only optimistic if the team is doing well. Bails out when the going gets tough. 

Big difference between being optimistic and supporting a team chubbychops. Would rather Kieran Tierney prioritised Celtic and his health over Scotland though.

On 03/05/2019 at 19:32, Kuro said:

All Celtics games are essentially meaningless, they play in a diddy league and diddy cups and are third/fourth rate European side.  The last meaningful game they played was in 2003.

He's clearly not fit

I wouldn't want him on the park for Scotland in this condition

Why on earth Celtic are playing him in these foregone conclusion games I've no idea

He should have been sent for an op weeks ago

Izaguirre could easily be seeing out the season against these far inferior sides, inc the cup final

1 minute ago, Binos said:

He's clearly not fit

I wouldn't want him on the park for Scotland in this condition

Why on earth Celtic are playing him in these foregone conclusion games I've no idea

He should have been sent for an op weeks ago

Izaguirre could easily be seeing out the season against these far inferior sides, inc the cup final

He didn't need to play yesterday or next week, could have had his op a week ago (hernia is a very minor op) and been back.for cup final and Scotland.  Celtic have managed him horrifically, played him far too much initially, we are seeing the results of that now.