Kieran Tierney

They just said on the radio that the Celtic club doctor also works for the national team.

Surely not, how is that allowed???

That's unbelievable, the conflicts of interest would make his position untenable at his Club if he passed guys from his Club as "just" fit enough to play for Scotland and then they got injured doing so!!!
Farce continues!!!

Most of the Scotland staff jobs are part time, so of course they're going to employ people in other jobs.

Jim Stewart doubled as the Scotland and Killie (then Rangers) goalkeeping coach for years, and I think our former physio may also have done the job previously.

I have pretty high confidence in doctors being able to put medical diagnoses above club/country squabbles.  Complete non-issue.

In case anyone didn't notice, Tierney was done after about an hour of yesterday's game.

You may as well be speculating about the "farce" of our medical team performing Pagan rituals for all it matters.  I trust a medical professional to actually do his job regardless of who ultimately pays his wages, and I'd imagine Celtic themselves would be happy enough to put pressure on rather than getting their own medical mole in there.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You know this how, precisely?  

Why not Robert Snodgrass?  

Despite the fact he's playing for Celtic today, and probably the rest of the season, he's already laying the groundwork for pulling out injured in June.

Following on from Lennon saying Tierney needs a rest but continuing to pick him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4120759/celtic-kieran-tierney-miss-scotland-euro-2020-cyprus-belgium/

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Guest DAVIDB69

He would have been fave for first call off with the bookies.

Funnily enough he won’t need rest for the friendly jaunts around the world

Some quality knicker-wetting on here.

The boy is clearly injured. Playing a set of international fixtures at the end of the season would be terrible for his physical fitness. 

He's been injured for much of the season. There really is no story here.