Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Although this is the right decision, I don't feel happy. I don't even feel relieved. I don't feel anything, really. I don't trust United to hire a competent replacement.

It reinforces the stupidity of not punting him in the summer when we would have had a better choice of replacements who could have picked their own squad.

That said I really think it will be difficult to find someone less suitable.

Hopefully there are now people with a footballing background at the club that Martin can turn to.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It reinforces the stupidity of not punting him in the summer when we would have had a better choice of replacements who could have picked their own squad.

That said I really think it will be difficult to find someone less suitable.

Hopefully there are now people with a footballing background at the club that Martin can turn to.

Jimmy Fyffe will be well versed in researching the market favourites for the job and I'm guessing we'll just work our way through that list.

In all seriousness though the board, having met them all, have little footballing experience and background. They would do worse than reach out to the I'm assuming many people connected to the club who do have experience and could give them at least some advice. 

The board's inexperience,inability to recruit is now the major worry. There is no football expertise on the board and they also demonstrably don't have the ability to put in place a recruitment process that can distinguish bullshit and bravado from ability.

The outstanding candidate for me is Neilsen ( I was also delighted to get Lazlo, but then the alternative was Hughes)

Glad this hasn't dragged on and hung over us all week, there was no way he could be given anymore time. The idea that Laszlo would be able to turn things around once he got his own players and coaching staff in never felt like anything other very wishful thinking given the shambles of the second half of last season. So we've wasted almost a quarter of the season persisting with Laszlo and it's gone precisely how pretty much we all feared/expected it would. The one caveat to that being we're not completely cut off from the top of the table yet. 

Martin and the rest of the board will have to get the next appointment spot on. The league is proving especially ruthless this season, and any goodwill built up with the fanbase over the summer from the behind the scenes changes and additions will be long forgotten if the next manager doesn't prove a demonstrable improvement after allowing Laszlo all this extra time.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Doesn't Ellis have a 100% record?  :)

He does indeed and on that basis we should just give him the job permanently now. Billy Dodds to be his assistant.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

A song for Csaba

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" 
width="640" height="390" src="<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" 
width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4y_acTR0MY"
frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>"
frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

That reads more like a song by Csaba.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

A song for Csaba

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" 
width="640" height="390" src="<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" 
width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4y_acTR0MY"
frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>"
frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Needs a little work.

I have been very critical of Mike Martin and couldn’t comprehend his faith in Laszlo.

That said kudos for taking the right decision so quickly after that performance.  The season is still early and there is talent in the squad that a decent manager can hopefully get the most from.

I hope the new manager can harness Loemba’s ability, play Aird in the right position, and find a solution to our LB problem.

Yesterday was the first test for Rakovan and he failed miserably; this too needs addressed.