Dundee United 2018/2019

25 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It was in the paper that the Austrian boy with the nice hair is jetting in to join up with the squad on trial.

I for one am shocked that after Laszlo saying - “We are not bringing trialists" (direct quote from 5th of July), that we are now bringing in trialists.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I for one am shocked that after Laszlo saying - “We are not bringing trialists" (direct quote from 5th of July), that we are now bringing in trialists.

To be fair he was probably referring to the "open trials" everyone was getting excited about.

You don't need to criticise everything stumi. You don't want to be in the next United media tweet. ;)

Just now, Szamo's_Ammo said:

To be fair he was probably referring to the "open trials" everyone was getting excited about.

You don't need to criticise everything stumi. You don't want to be in the next United media tweet. ;)

That was my plan.....

It's not necessarily a criticism, I just find Laszlo to be as contradictory in his interviews as Donald Trump. Another example is that one minute the Betfred is "pre-season" the next it is "really important". 

As I've said, all this summers signings undermine the ”newly” appointed scouting network.

18 minutes ago, GrantB878 said:

As I've said, all this summers signings undermine the ”newly” appointed scouting network.

Doesn't that depend on how good the signings turn out to be?

Your earlier post made reference to signing players from the English lower leagues and then selling them on as our avowed strategy but as far as I can tell you've just made that up. I don't recall anyone at United saying that. The only criterion which I'm aware of is that the players need to better than we've signed in recent years. Whether they are or not remains to be seen.

Edit: Also, why the inverted commas? Is the scouting set-up not new?

Edited by Pull My Strings

Doesn't that depend on how good the signings turn out to be?
Your earlier post made reference to signing players from the English lower leagues and then selling them on as our avowed strategy but as far as I can tell you've just made that up. I don't recall anyone at United saying that. The only criterion which I'm aware of is that the players need to better than we've signed in recent years. Whether they are or not remains to be seen.
Edit: Also, why the inverted commas? Is the scouting set-up not new?

We brought sturrock back to the club because of his knowledge of the English lower leagues, if we are not signing from there then why have we invested in this new ”scouting network”? The inverted commas is because there is none - certainly none in the 12 we have signed.

The point being we have invested in a scouting network with no clear strategy or signing policy.

Dundee United quite clearly brought Strurrock back to try and shore up support for an unpopular chairman and failing management team rather than to provide a bunch of hotshots from the English leagues. Which is why you're still signing absolute ringers. 

Dundee United quite clearly brought Strurrock back to try and shore up support for an unpopular chairman and failing management team rather than to provide a bunch of hotshots from the English leagues. Which is why you're still signing absolute ringers. 

The brief was different, cynically you're right.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

The first part is true. Sturrock is also scouting the lower leagues for good players.

It dosent say anywhere that Csaba has to sign them. Remember Emil Lyng? He was Csabas type of "player".

The last tweet was a "match preview" with James Keatings. Would they/he do that if he was leaving?

What do people think of Keatings? Seen a lot of fans of other clubs saying they'd be happy if they signed him.

The last tweet was a "match preview" with James Keatings. Would they/he do that if he was leaving?
What do people think of Keatings? Seen a lot of fans of other clubs saying they'd be happy if they signed him.

[emoji848]. He has a good name for making up anagrams ..............

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Despite him clearly being a competent enough striker at his previous clubs I have been totally underwhelmed in any game he has played for us (that is only 4 or 5 I suppose).