Dundee United 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

The difference between here and Mad is on Mad, it's a bunch of Utd fans arguing amongst themselves. On here, there's far too much input/immature petty point scoring from other fans, especially Dundee fans.

Grown men? Get a life.

Are you not grasping the point of a multi-club forum Jock?

2 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

The difference between here and Mad is on Mad, it's a bunch of Utd fans arguing amongst themselves. On here, there's far too much input/immature petty point scoring from other fans, especially Dundee fans.

That's true but it has always been this way on here and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

Any one team forum I have seen for any club contains fans arguing amongst themselves (you should see Greenock Morton :blink:). I would say Tekel Towers appears to be the most un-petty of United's main forums with Eastfootball just behind but I post on neither as I find the views of fans of other clubs more interesting and add more to any debate. I'll have a look in now and again to see if there are any transfer rumours.

I don't mind the petty pointscoring. You can either ignore it or engage in the 'banter'. It's when it descends into more sinister personal abuse that it can become distasteful.

What are your views on Laszlo and do you think the squad is good enough to win the league this season? Mike Martin has said anything less is unacceptable.

15 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Grown men? Get a life.

Once upon a time United used to be the better team in Dundee.  Plenty of United fans were posting on the Dundee thread at that time - as well you know. ;)

48 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

This so called 'Dundee Utd' thread is embarrassing.

Come on to here and other clubs threads to read about the said club but all I read is immature, tiresome, petty, point scoring from a bunch of kids.

I'm assuming there is some sort of moderating going on? If so, something should be done.

The Dundee clubs more than any others I've read, are by far the worst. It's really sad.

Time to grow up.

I bet you're a great laugh in the pub. 

That's true but it has always been this way on here and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.
Any one team forum I have seen for any club contains fans arguing amongst themselves (you should see Greenock Morton :blink:). I would say Tekel Towers appears to be the most un-petty of United's main forums with Eastfootball just behind but I post on neither as I find the views of fans of other clubs more interesting and add more to any debate. I'll have a look in now and again to see if there are any transfer rumours.
I don't mind the petty pointscoring. You can either ignore it or engage in the 'banter'. It's when it descends into more sinister personal abuse that it can become distasteful.
What are your views on Laszlo and do you think the squad is good enough to win the league this season? Mike Martin has said anything less is unacceptable.
There is plenty of the sinister personal abuse in here.

Anyway, to answer your questions.

I can't remember (I'm 50) a time when Utd have been in a bigger state on and off the park in my lifetime. You can blame who you like for their demise but in truth, that's all in the past and fans should be looking ahead and backing the club.

Utd have no right to be in the top league, but going by some of the comments I read, you'd think they do.

I'm of the opinion that everything is cyclical and as a fan, you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad in equal measures. My age were spoilt and I suppose it was taken for granted. But things have changed, you must ride with it.

On the manager, I thought it was a pretty good appointment at the time but I also thought it was a gamble as Ray McKinnon had Utd sitting top of the league. SL seems to have stumbled from one disaster to the next and the fans have turned on him. Personally, I would give him a maximum of 6 games then reassess.This is his team now and he has nothing or no one to hide behind if things don't improve. Any more than 6 games is dangerous territory if sufficient points haven't been won.

I'm not sure if the squad he's put together is good enough to win the league but a couple of the signings have had me scratching my head. The lad Curran getting the deal he got topped the lot. The lad has won a watch. I hope he repays the clubs faith in him. Watson was another strange one but I've been disappointed in the reaction to the lad himself. Give him a chance.

The jury is out on MM, but again, the benefit of any doubt must be given at this stage.

Once upon a time United used to be the better team in Dundee.  Plenty of United fans were posting on the Dundee thread at that time - as well you know. [emoji6]

I get that Dundee fans are loving things at the minute, and I don't grudge them their moment one bit.They've lived in Utd's shadow for a long long time now. I just don't get some of the stuff that gets posted.

I can't remember (I'm 50) a time when Utd have been in a bigger state on and off the park in my lifetime. You can blame who you like for their demise but in truth, that's all in the past and fans should be looking ahead and backing the club.

Utd have no right to be in the top league, but going by some of the comments I read, you'd think they do.

I'm of the opinion that everything is cyclical and as a fan, you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad in equal measures. My age were spoilt and I suppose it was taken for granted. But things have changed, you must ride with it.

On the manager, I thought it was a pretty good appointment at the time but I also thought it was a gamble as Ray McKinnon had Utd sitting top of the league. SL seems to have stumbled from one disaster to the next and the fans have turned on him. Personally, I would give him a maximum of 6 games then reassess.This is his team now and he has nothing or no one to hide behind if things don't improve. Any more than 6 games is dangerous territory if sufficient points haven't been won.

I'm not sure if the squad he's put together is good enough to win the league but a couple of the signings have had me scratching my head. The lad Curran getting the deal he got topped the lot. The lad has won a watch. I hope he repays the clubs faith in him. Watson was another strange one but I've been disappointed in the reaction to the lad himself. Give him a chance.

The jury is out on MM, but again, the benefit of any doubt must be given at this stage.

The most sensible , well thought out post I've read for a long time, my thoughts to a tee.......................are you sure your on the right site [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

22 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:
45 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:
Once upon a time United used to be the better team in Dundee.  Plenty of United fans were posting on the Dundee thread at that time - as well you know. emoji6.png

I get that Dundee fans are loving things at the minute, and I don't grudge them their moment one bit.They've lived in Utd's shadow for a long long time now. I just don't get some of the stuff that gets posted.

I came on here to see some balanced Dundee United discussion can you please leave the petty point scoring and digs at other teams out of this. 

This so called 'Dundee Utd' thread is embarrassing.

Come on to here and other clubs threads to read about the said club but all I read is immature, tiresome, petty, point scoring from a bunch of kids.

Time to grow up.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] . I'll get your coat.

15 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Absolutely. Supporting any club outside the Old Firm (well, Celtic), you need to be prepared to take the rough times with the smooth. United have been relegated before and will be promoted and relegated again many times in the future. That's why you should appreciate the good times and be philiosophical and have a sense of humour about the bad times as much as you can.

Some of the signings I think look good for this level. I agree about Curran; a three year deal seems bizarre for a player of his age and injury history. As for the reaction to Watson, in the age of social media people are going to react negatively where the player will see it. Look at what has happened to Karius at Liverpool. If I was a footballer I'd have nothing to do with social media so professional players need to take some responsibility themselves if they are affected by it and remove their accounts.

I'm really impressed with the changes MM is making around the club but ultimately he'll be judged by how we do on the park and his managerial appointments.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we are all eating humble pie about Laszlo in 12 months time. 

If you're the same in the pub as you are on here, I'm happy enough not going to the same pubs as you.

I'll assume for now though that you're a decent enough guy offline. I find it incredible how folk change when they're hiding behind their pseudonyms.

The kids of today huh.

48 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't know why the needed to stay so serious permanently.   Before moving back to the Broughty Ferry used to live up near Stonehaven and got on well with a number of Aberdeen fans well, along your contingent of other club supporters, a few other United fans, Old Firm as well.  

It was always a decent night on a Friday or Saturday night winding the sheep up in particular and they were as bad back but it was always in good natured generally.

A few took exception to me wearing green and white on a night out after Aberdeen lost 9-0 at Celtic, funnily enough my excuse of not seeing that score :angel:angel was not believed. 

If people want to avoid pish havering Funsters on here wait until they’ve had a bad result at the same time as we’ve had a decent result.*

Most (but not all) of them go into hiding when that happens.

* Disclaimer:  this does not imply we will get a decent result any time in the foreseeable future.

9 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I don't know why the needed to stay so serious permanently.   Before moving back to the Broughty Ferry used to live up near Stonehaven and got on well with a number of Aberdeen fans well, along your contingent of other club supporters, a few other United fans, Old Firm as well.  

It was always a decent night on a Friday or Saturday night winding the sheep up in particular and they were as bad back but it was always in good natured generally.

A few took exception to me wearing green and white on a night out after Aberdeen lost 9-0 at Celtic, funnily enough my excuse of not seeing that score :angel:angel was not believed. 

I miss Aberdeen and their 50,000 fans packing out Tannadice. Hope they get relegated soon.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If people want to avoid pish havering Funsters on here wait until they’ve had a bad result at the same time as we’ve had a decent result.*

* Disclaimer:  this does not imply we will get a decent result any time in the foreseeable future.

You play us in two weeks so you probably will.

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I miss Aberdeen and their 50,000 fans packing out Tannadice. Hope they get relegated soon.

The league will change the rules to prevent that happening probably.

One of the real fall outs I had with them was when Aberdeen finished bottom but avoided relegation because Falkirk's I think it was ground was not up to standard for promotion.

I kept arguing that Aberdeen should have been demoted and the highest ranked next team with suitable ground was promoted instead.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yep. I'd avoid this place for at least 24 hours Jock after United fail to win a match and Dundee secure a rare victory, if you're going to get angry/annoyed about memes, emojis and the same tedious drivel from the Funsters. ;) :lol: ^_^

Yep. I'd avoid this place for at least 24 hours Jock after United fail to win a match and Dundee secure a rare victory, if you're going to get angry/annoyed about memes, emojis and the same tedious drivel from the Funsters. [emoji6] [emoji38] [emoji5]
I do love a good gif. Some of them are brilliant.

5 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

I assume the kids will need parental supervision. Therefore the
" disadvantaged family " will need to find at least 20 quid to take them to the game which they can't really afford.
Classic dayglo's

The tickets are actually for whole families at the primary school age group and also for social work to attend with looked after children and carers for children with additional support needs.

Unlucky cunto

Edited by invergowrie arab