Dundee United 2018/2019

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

I thought Loemba had something about him but clearly Neilson doesn't fancy him. King definitely has a lot of talent. Just a shame that he's also got the heart of a mouse.

Loemba is a one trick pony.  Doesn’t know when to release the ball, wants to beat a man then go back and beat him again, final ball is shite.

He does have some ability but would need to play in an environment where he is given time on the ball; that’s not the Scottish Championship.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Loemba is a one trick pony.  Doesn’t know when to release the ball, wants to beat a man then go back and beat him again, final ball is shite.

He does have some ability but would need to play in an environment where he is given time on the ball; that’s not the Scottish Championship.

Aye, that's all fair.

Loemba was excellent in Dumfries early on in the season when he was simply unplayable. I genuinely thought we had unearthed a player who would light up the league. Since then he's been shite and is clearly out of Neilson's plans. Hopefully we can reach an agreement with him as soon as possible.

The other wingers all have real weaknesses to their game - 

McMullan - Great touch, works quite hard and can beat a man but has a rubbish end product, can't cross the ball and has terrible decision making.

King - Probably has a better end product than McMullan and can score a good goal every now and again but he is physically very weak and rarely beats his man.

Aird - Fantastic delivery from a dead ball and his closing is generally very reliable. Can't or won't beat his man and seems to be scared of going one on one with a defender. 

We desperately need midfielders who can cut through eh defence or provide opportunities for a one-two or who can strike a ball from the edge of the area. We simply do not score enough goals.

If Jimmy signs then Stanton must be pushed forward straight away and let Jimmy sit back with Fyvie.

He won’t be the same player as his first time here (or even the 2nd) but he knows what It takes to play for this club and Is still better than Barton and Rabitsch put together.

3 hours ago, FifeArab said:

If Jimmy signs then Stanton must be pushed forward straight away and let Jimmy sit back with Fyvie.

He won’t be the same player as his first time here (or even the 2nd) but he knows what It takes to play for this club and Is still better than Barton and Rabitsch put together.

10 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Nesbitt confirmed until the end of the season.

So Nesbitt, Stanton and Aird behind Safranko as first choice?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So Nesbitt, Stanton and Aird behind Safranko as first choice?

I'd be happy with this if we can get a quality sitting midfielder alongside Fyvie (Gomis as a backup possibly). Still need some competition for Safranko, especially if Clark is going to be injury prone and Curran is possibly leaving.

Just now, stumigoo said:

I'd be happy with this if we can get a quality sitting midfielder alongside Fyvie (Gomis as a backup possibly). Still need some competition for Safranko, especially if Clark is going to be injury prone and Curran is possibly leaving.

Yeah Safranko managing to avoid injury for the rest of the season will be a major determining factor in our likelihood of success.

I agree we need backup but think we’d be very lucky to find someone of his calibre.

With the change of ownership (and previous to that the change of manager) I wonder if the club's recent decisions regarding contracts have been changed again. The radius rule plus the focus on longer deals with lower wages and higher bonuses was obviously the plan for the summer but now that everything has changed it might be that the club have just left all of that for time being. Unless we were guaranteed a quality player who might not normally be available it is probably more than likely that our signings in January will be short-term deals.

Still to hear a decision about Mehmet who's contract must be up soon. 

Some one said ayr might have been in for him. I’d certainly take him over Curran

No idea where that rumour actually came from

His flat mate is Michael Rose who plays for us so maybe that’s why. Did he not play for you guys previously?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No idea where that rumour actually came from

His flat mate is Michael Rose who plays for us so maybe that’s why. Did he not play for you guys previously?

He did. was alright, scored a hat trick in the league cup against Partick Thistle. got sent back to Aberdeen because he barely played once Tony Andreu came in.