Dundee United 2018/2019

7 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Wonder who the players are that aren’t training with the first team.

Curran, Loemba, Barton, Rabitsch, King, Scobbbie?

Might appear that I'm shouting other fans down here, but how do you know that players have been banished away from the first team squad?

It would be extremely foolish for R Neilson to do this, given he has signed no replacements, and injuries or illness could hit at any point.

Might appear that I'm shouting other fans down here, but how do you know that players have been banished away from the first team squad?

It would be extremely foolish for R Neilson to do this, given he has signed no replacements, and injuries or illness could hit at any point.

IMG_4017.jpg

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's probably fair up to a point but we don't know that replacements haven't been signed nor do we know who has been excluded or why. If the guys excluded are a disruptive influence and/or miles out of the picture and have been treated fairly then there's surely no cause for complaint. There's a purpose to training which goes beyond fitness (team shape, cohesion etc); if there are guys at the club who aren't going to play then you can see why it might be counter productive to keep them in the main group.

Or he might just be trying to gently encourage some guys to f**k off, which is fair enough as well. 

Edited by Pull My Strings

I like the fact hes split them into a team of "good guys" and "wanks".

About time they got a bit of a boot up the arse. Weve had to put up with some utter fucking embarrassments and im glad these players are getting a taste of their own medicine.

Id personally have them going about the stands scraping the choonie off the concrete, painting the walls and cleaning the toilets.

Cant wait to hear Loemba, Barton et al in the papers saying how badly theyve been treated. Forgetting how fucking awful theyve performed and how little they've tried.

Ive watched my club bring in some diabolical players and managers, im glad to see someone shake the tree and get rid of the core of the problems. 

Just dont f**k it up now Robbie or you will look like a tit too!

Neilson has been in long enough to know which players he rates and which he doesn’t.

I hope he brings in players who are a better fit, have a better attitude and who he thinks can give us that little extra in our chase for promotion.

I am not naive enough to think that we are going to attract a ‘higher’ level of player than Curran or King; hopefully a step up on Loemba and Barton though.

Ian Harkes, 23-year-old English midfielder who was at DC United last two seasons. won the Hermann Trophy for the best college soccer player in 2016 before he was drafted. going to be announced tomorrow (allegedly, this is from twitter, I'm not gonna even pretend to be ITK)

edit - Born in England, raised in America

Edited by Accent-Unknown

59 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Called up to the full US national squad last year according to wiki. You'd think he'd have more attractive options than the Scottish championship but I suppose you never know.

Without being disparaging almost everyone has at least a couple of caps from the USMNT. They dish out caps like nobody's business as they play about 20 games a year. It's not exactly a reflection of quality if someone has a couple of caps. 

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Ian Harkes, 23-year-old English midfielder who was at DC United last two seasons. won the Hermann Trophy for the best college soccer player in 2016 before he was drafted. going to be announced tomorrow (allegedly, this is from twitter, I'm not gonna even pretend to be ITK)

I for one am happy to see him given a chance so long as he doesn’t use the word “soccer” or have a MAGA hat.

Not exactly United related, but if the ‘Gauld to Hibs’ rumour is true then it will be a sad reflection of how the lad’s career has gone.

ETA this:

Edited by Granny Danger