Dundee United 2018/2019

30 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Regards a civil court conviction instead of criminal.

My point is it’s wrong to chastise someone when the case didn’t even make it to court in criminal proceedings.

Criminal courts require proof beyond reasonable doubt; civil courts the balance of probability.  Losing a civil case does not mean the defender would lose a criminal case but it certainly doesn’t suggest innocence.

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

Hold on a minute. The same wighton that scored the goal that relegated United??

No.  If he hadn’t scored we were still relegated.

Would make the play offs interesting if they happened.  :lol:

26 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

apart from the horrendous PhotoShop job, you can’t play for 3 sides in one season.

This. It's embarrassing how many people are believing such an obviously false rumour.

On 12/31/2018 at 14:38, Granny Danger said:

Just because the courts may deal with something it doesn’t release the football club from its obligations.

The last thing I want to listen to is a bunch of mindless c***s singing “he does what he wants”.

Agreed, in relation to the chants.  Truly embarrassing.  But I fail to see why we would be obligated not to sign him.

On 12/31/2018 at 19:32, FifeArab said:

If we get Osman Sow In, we’ll have the better deal.

Since leaving Hearts, he has hardly set the world alight.  A bit of a gamble, but he definitely has the potential to be a great goalscorer in the Championship.

On 12/31/2018 at 20:02, FifeArab said:

More talk of Peter Pawlett signing for us. If it’s all true I’m surprised some SPL teams haven’t went for him.

Very similar to Sow, could go either way.  Huge potential but hardly kicked a ball in the past year.

On 12/31/2018 at 20:14, mishtergrolsch said:

Hes done nothing mental since and maybe hes turned the corner. I personally believe in rehabilitation and in this situation, maybe he has learned from his disgraceful crime?

Goodwillie was never convicted of raping anyone, and therefore there was no "crime".  And, in any event, it is hardly the  role of football clubs to dispense justice.  The justice system has dealt with it.  

17 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Goodwillie was not convicted in a criminal court. He was convicted in a civil court. Civil court convictions do not confirm guilt as a judge does not necessarily require any solid proof. Innocent until proven guilty surely?

He was never convicted of anything.  He lost a civil case.

For anyone interested, I would recommend reading the judgment:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Happy 2nd of January to all P&B Arabs.

When will we get some signing news?  Who do you want to see wearing Tangerine and Black?  When will we get rid of the dross and who will be first to go?  Why is everyone wary of starting a match thread for the Dunfermline game?

6 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Agreed, in relation to the chants.  Truly embarrassing.  But I fail to see why we would be obligated not to sign him.

Since leaving Hearts, he has hardly set the world alight.  A bit of a gamble, but he definitely has the potential to be a great goalscorer in the Championship.

Very similar to Sow, could go either way.  Huge potential but hardly kicked a ball in the past year.

Goodwillie was never convicted of raping anyone, and therefore there was no "crime".  And, in any event, it is hardly the  role of football clubs to dispense justice.  The justice system has dealt with it.  

He was never convicted of anything.  He lost a civil case.

For anyone interested, I would recommend reading the judgment:

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

I read it. Sounds like someone was raped and the two defenders were assessed by a judge to be unreliable witnesses.

What did you get out of it?

Edited by invergowrie arab

23 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I read it. Sounds like someone was raped and the two defenders were assessed by a judge to be unreliable witnesses.

What did you get out of it?

I got a clear understanding of why a criminal prosecution was not brought against either Goodwillie or Robertson.  But, regardless of that and anything else that is or is not in the judgment, it has been dealt with by the Courts and in my eyes that draws a line under it.

The point of my original post was simply that Goodwillie is a goalscorer who is likely cheap and has a lot to prove; we are crying out for a goalscorer and I think we could do a lot worse than giving him a short-term contract.

8 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

I got a clear understanding of why a criminal prosecution was not brought against either Goodwillie or Robertson.  But, regardless of that and anything else that is or is not in the judgment, it has been dealt with by the Courts and in my eyes that draws a line under it.

The point of my original post was simply that Goodwillie is a goalscorer who is likely cheap and has a lot to prove; we are crying out for a goalscorer and I think we could do a lot worse than giving him a short-term contract.

Do you really stay in Abu Dhabi?

44 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Morally - he probably raped a girl and has shown no contrition whatsoever and has continually lied and obstructed investigations into what happened to save his own skin. Unfortunately when people like him do this not only is there the one victim but the countless other victims as impressionable young lads continue to draw a distinction between "alleyway rape" and "incapable of giving consent rape". As you say football clubs don't have to, and never do, exercise any moral judgement in these situations but I would rather not contribute towards his wages.

Football wise - he was shite last time.