Dundee United 2018/2019

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

So in a civil case, a Court of Session Judge, upon hearing extensive evidence, decided that Goodwillie and Robertson had committed rape.

You are of course correct.  However, the point I was trying to make was that he was not convicted (by a jury, beyond a reasonable doubt etc.) of committing a crime - indeed he was not charged with any crime because the chances of a conviction were so minimal.  So to label him a criminal, or to limit his future employment on that basis, is a step too far in my opinion

Clearly, other fans of DUFC have a different opinion, which they are perfectly entitled to.

10 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I regret getting involved in the Goodwillie talk...

Me too.  I wish I had never mentioned him - all I want is for us to sign someone who will actually score a goal or two this season...

3 hours ago, arab_joe said:

You are of course correct.  However, the point I was trying to make was that he was not convicted (by a jury, beyond a reasonable doubt etc.) of committing a crime - indeed he was not charged with any crime because the chances of a conviction were so minimal.  

Or because the Fiscal’s office simply took the wrong decision; there is no way of making an objective judgement as the Crown does not give reasons for not pursuing a case.  There were certainly some claims following the civil case that there should have been a criminal trial.

I have no idea if he would be found guilty in a criminal trial, neither do you.  I know that the judgement went against him in the one court that heard the evidence and that Goodwillie, and Robertson, were described by the judge as unreliable witnesses.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have no idea if he would be found guilty in a criminal trial, neither do you.

Exactly.  So, instead of continuing to speculate, I am going to rely on the decisions made by those within the justice system - who deemed that no criminal charges be brought (and, by extension, that he should be at liberty, free to play for any football club he so chooses etc.).

Regardless, people in this thread that have seen Goodwillie play in League Two (which I have not) have confirmed that he is likely not good enough to play for DUFC.  So I am persuaded that we should look elsewhere...

Anyway, let's all wake up and smell the coffee.......rights and wrongs of bringing a sex offender onto the wage bill at Tannadice........United are better than Goodwillie , his day has been and gone surely our ambition should be higher this transfer window than lower league journeyman strikers ?

Speaking to a big killie fan in my work who said we’re meant to be in for Greg kiltie on a loan deal. Pure speculation but that would be very welcome.

PS, can we stop talking about You know what please.

Start a thread on it in the misc section if you’re desperate to get into the workings of the Scottish justice system.

46 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Speaking to a big killie fan in my work who said we’re meant to be in for Greg kiltie on a loan deal. Pure speculation but that would be very welcome.

Not at all convinced that Kiltie is any better than we already have. About to turn 22 and hasn't played regular football for almost three years now. Looks like he's had a couple of serious injuries during that time but whilst that may be mitigation for his lack of appearances it's also another warning sign that this chap simply might not be very good anymore (whether due to fitness or ability).

We've got plenty of players who can be good on their day but can't be relied upon week in, week out. A six month loan signing of a guy who was rated when he was 18 but has done nothing since wouldn't seem to be much of an upgrade on that.

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

Although a bag of tatties would be better than Billy King

22 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Two signings later today 

Maris Piper and who else?

(Hope it’s not King Edward - I don’t like the royals).