Dundee United 2018/2019

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Any of you lot got the 'fear' about Ray coming back to haunt you?  I've got to say I like him, seems like a sound guy.

He will no doubt have turned into Arrigo Sacchi since he left us.

By all accounts Booth's strengths are in him getting forward as a fullback. Defensively I'm not so sure he is a standout but is solid enough. Pleased with this signing and now fully expect Robson to be Booth's understudy which is pleasing. 

His strength is definitely getting forward. Doesn’t do much when he gets there though.

The vast majority of us are fairly pleased to see him go. . He’ll be decent at this level but.

37 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Just had a search of Thistle's thread and they were all raving about Booth before Archie lost the dressing room.

So we have signed Dunfermline's best two players and now Partick Thistle's. Just a shame we don't have a manager.

What, you've poached Ashcroft and Beadling now too?

Booth was out of contract because he didn't play enough games last season to trigger an extension.

All relative as if fit he can provide decent delivery from left back. Not the best defensively. 

I've no idea who the current Yinited left back is but if Booth is seen as an upgrade he can't be very good.

On his day a good lad to have onside but last season he didn't get his head above mediocre.

Can a poster from each of the other fizzy pop league teams list their best two players so United fans can start debating line ups and formations, please?

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Who? We would have signed them if they had been any good.

Cunningly, we hid Beadling under the stairs for the playoff games, away from the beady eyes of Cszaba the Par Snatcher.

Booth had a rather drastic fall from grace with some fans but I for one was actually quite sorry to see him leave.

We're in the fortunate position to have young Penrice waiting in the wings to take over which has softened the blow.

Boothy is very comfortable going forward and is a consistent performer. Slightly poorer defensively and prone to giving away the odd penalty but I thought he'd have gotten a gig in the Premier so was quite surprised to see the news earlier. Would rather not face him next season but so be it.

Think he'll be a very solid signing for United. 

I'm not disappointed it's turned out to be you lot that's signed Booth as there was a lot of questions being asked when we were linked to him. He has to be better than Robson though so it's another steady signing and it tends to be steady players that mould into a cohesive team that get you out this league.

The website The 4th Official is linking us with a loan swoop for Jack Aitchison on loan. The website is suggesting that we are looking to play him alongside our recent acquisition Nicky Clark though, so I reckon it's you that are linked rather than our good selves.

36 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The website The 4th Official is linking us with a loan swoop for Jack Aitchison on loan. The website is suggesting that we are looking to play him alongside our recent acquisition Nicky Clark though, so I reckon it's you that are linked rather than our good selves.

I read somewhere that we were keen to get him. 

Think he could be a great signing.

Would be fucking marvellous to get Ralston back as well.....

I read somewhere that we were keen to get him. 
Think he could be a great signing.
Would be fucking marvellous to get Ralston back as well.....

We can’t bring in Ralston, Wardrop and Aitchison on loan all at once.

SPFL rules are that you can only have two players on loan from the same club at once