Partick Thistle vs Livingston - Playoff Final

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

It’s pay at the gate for both the home and away sides on Sunday now

FTFY

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McBookie have us 8/11 to stay up and Livingston evens to be promoted.
That seems fucking mental we're favourites to win the tie after last night and the season we've just had.  

I'd still have you pretty firm favourites. You're only a goal down and with no away goal rule it should be fairly easy for you to turn around.

17 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Really don’t think cerny can get passmarks for last night really- pretty poor for both goals to be honest 

Thought he could have done better for the first goal but made up for that with the point blank save from the header in the first half.

Really don’t think cerny can get passmarks for last night really- pretty poor for both goals to be honest 

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Cerny for either goal last night. The first he could have probably done a little better but it was awkwardly struck. The left back, Booth was no where and out of position. And the 2nd goal Barton was slow as a week in the jail. Total defensive meltdown. Not Tams fault.

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Cerny for either goal last night. The first he could have probably done a little better but it was awkwardly struck. The left back, Booth was no where and out of position. And the 2nd goal Barton was slow as a week in the jail. Total defensive meltdown. Not Tams fault.

He should have saved the first.

Other players should have done better maybe, but he should absolutely have saved it.

That said, he’s been the only player who hasn’t been garbage for most of the season, so I think we can forgive him that.

Woods is absolute shite. Up there with Devine, Spittal and Storey as utter haddies who should be hounded from the club as soon as possible.

Edwards, Barton and Osman are very close to this category as well for me. They’ve all been stinking but have previously done well for us so I’m giving them a bit of (probably undeserved) leeway.

Can’t wait until this season is over either way. 

Thats 3 play off games played and Livingston have got hehaw from referees. 2 stonewall penalties and so much leniency shown to the opposition. The worrying thing us Thompson is meant to be one of the best. Truly awful.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Woods is absolute shite. Up there with Devine, Spittal and Storey as utter haddies who should be hounded from the club as soon as possible.

Edwards, Barton and Osman are very close to this category as well for me. They’ve all been stinking but have previously done well for us so I’m giving them a bit of (probably undeserved) leeway.

Can’t wait until this season is over either way. 

I heard someone say booth has been excellent since he returned from injury. Excellent really?? His defending and crossing has been mediocre at best

Went to this game last night and must admit Livi were by far the hungrier team of the two , shows what a good manager can install into an average bunch of guys , credit to Hopkin he has them playing as he did as he wasn’t the best but gave you all he had , cant ask for anymore 

well done Livi and jags know they are almost down so better get the finger out , Sunday should be a belter

On the train into work this morning I went through our squad list and thought who I would "actively" want to keep next season. This was the list I arrived at:

Active Keep

Cerny, Elliott, Keown, Penrice, McCarthy, Erskine, Doolan, Sammon

Meh

Edwards, Spittal, Woods, Booth, Lawless

Dump

Devine, Barton, Osman, McGinn, Dumbuya, Storey, Nisbet

Crocked

Bannigan, Fraser

Is this fair? Because it feels brutal.

13 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I heard someone say booth has been excellent since he returned from injury. Excellent really?? His defending and crossing has been mediocre at best

Booth's been total crock since his injuries. Was never one to bomb down the wing, but he's painfully slow now. His positioning has also been all over the place defensively for quite a while now.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

On the train into work this morning I went through our squad list and thought who I would "actively" want to keep next season. This was the list I arrived at:

Active Keep

Cerny, Elliott, Keown, Penrice, McCarthy, Erskine, Doolan, Sammon

Meh

Edwards, Spittal, Woods, Booth, Lawless

Dump

Devine, Barton, Osman, McGinn, Dumbuya, Storey, Nisbet

Crocked

Bannigan, Fraser

Is this fair? Because it feels brutal.

If anything it's generous. I'd be moving Edwards, Spittal, Woods and Booth to the dump category. 

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

That’s a good shout. He’s been pish as well, loves giving away penalties. Dundee are welcome to him if he is indeed going there.

1 hour ago, Rednyella said:

What does Woods offer? Nothing. He’s done very little since coming in. Poor deliveries, orders everyone around but does nothing himself. Just shuns responsibility to his team mates. 

It's great seeing it happen to someone else. His County career was basically him living off Jackson Irvine for two seasons. 

Just now, Hen Broon said:

Thats 3 play off games played and Livingston have got hehaw from referees. 2 stonewall penalties and so much leniency shown to the opposition. The worrying thing us Thompson is meant to be one of the best. Truly awful.

Maybe did us a favour not sending Devine off if he plays on Sunday.

I see a lot of what Partick need to do to win on Sunday, but it isn't easy to do what you need to do playing against us, we don't give you time to play nice football and as much as they are the Premiership team, they're the 2nd worst one and don't have the players to run rings around us, Hibs couldn't even do that in an earlier cup game. Really think we'll score a goal or two on Sunday too, there are so many of our players capable of scoring, and any of them can just pop up and grab a goal. Pittman has been outstanding getting up for chances, still looking for him to do his signature 25 yard screamer into the top corner though.

Archived