Russia v Saudi Arabia

Enigma

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

And not for the first time....

In fairness, they lost their opening game of USA 1994 WC and went on to make the 2nd round........

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They look good though.

Do you waste your life to watch shite like Hollyoaks and Love Island because "they look good"? 

Actually, you probably do. 

9 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Do you waste your life to watch shite like Hollyoaks and Love Island because "they look good"? 

Actually, you probably do. 

No I waste my life on going to my work and sitting reading Pie and Bovril all day.

Women are shit at talking/commentating about football on tv. 
There are about eight levels in which that is a really stupid thing to say.

Not least of which is that they're clearly not doing a worse job than most of the men in the same programme.

Women are shit at talking/commentating about football on tv. 

I wasn’t listening. Which woman are we talking about?

Maybe a generalisation but I tend to find woman are picked for aesthetic reasons when it comes to sports coverage. There’ll always be the exception to that rule but generally that seems to be the case.

I’ve only heard that Alex Scott a couple of time so I’ll hold judgement on her until after the tournament finishes. Gabby Logan is okay. I’ll upgrade Gabby to pretty good.

Just caught up. Rubbish game but the bit that annoyed me the most was the commentary around Russia's third goal.

69th minute - Dzyuba subbed on for Smolov.

Saudi players knock the ball about for 30 seconds before a poor pass gives Russia a throw in.

The throw in is aimed at Dzyuba who flicks it on with his head.

The Saudi defenders clearance is blocked and Dzyuba picks up the loose ball, edges forward with it down the right and wins a throw in.

Throw in is taken and after a couple of passes crossed to Dzyuba, now in the box, to score a header in the 71st minute.

While watching the replay, Tyledesley: "Substitute sent on. Is that his first touch? It might be. He scored."

Hoddle: "I think it is his first touch."

Were they just not watching the last couple of minutes?

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Imagine training, playing, battling your heart out for 4 years to reach the World Cup, where the eyes of the entire world will be on you, only for the kitman to iron the 8 in 18 upside down on your shirt.

5b228c417677d_DfqY7SZXcAELX1o1.thumb.jpg.a0bb26c940d07b41ea1ca5f3c59e7b19.jpg

Hate to quote myself, but have to add to the shirt cock-ups.

Imagine training, playing, battling your heart out for 4 years to reach the World Cup, where the eyes of the entire world will be on you, only for the kitman to forget to peel off the iron-on patch plastic;

5b22bba475847_DfqqPPAWkAYio-W1.jpg.7c6d4a11192e25a3ab671c851a5ed4a8.jpg

Archived