Russia v Saudi Arabia

Enigma

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all seriousness, the inclusion of dross like this Saudi Arabia team undermines the reputation of the World Cup. It is surely in grave danger of being regarded as a diddy tournament. 

40 + teams at the next one isn’t there?

Just now, DrewDon said:

In all seriousness, the inclusion of dross like this Saudi Arabia team undermines the reputation of the World Cup. It is surely in grave danger of being regarded as a diddy tournament. 

Did they qualify ahead of the likes of Qatar? 2022 should be a laugh.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Winning 2-0 in the opening match of a World Cup you're hosting and at which you'd expected to embarrass yourselves? That's Mexican wave territory.

I remember Scotland fans doing the Mexican wave when 2-0 up against Sweden in 1990.

I remember being there and thinking "WTF" after the shambles against Costa Rica the week before!

So then, Saudi Arabia aren't up to much are they?

Tbh as shite as we are, I would be quite confident about us beating both these sides!!!

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Shhh..........they might let Scotland into the next one if you keep it quiet!

Just in from work. How's it been?
The Saudis ball retention abilities are on a par with any Scottish club side playing away from home in Europe. Been not too bad to watch, Russia will probably struggle to go through, but fair play to them for not freezing under the pressure of being the home nation and having not won in their last 7 games.

So, Russia maybe a bit better than expected, or Saudi just really, really shite?

This goal difference might come in handy.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Saudi keeper not happy with his defence.

artworks-000152731440-4ty82s-t500x500.jpg

Inspired by Tommy Cooper? "He got past you all and scored... Just like that!"

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just in from work. How's it been?

Consensus seems to be that it's been poor, but I've enjoyed it. Russia's attitude has been good and they've played a high press. Saudi Arabia are honking at the back of midfield and their centre halves  could do with keeping some shape, so they've been badly exposed several times. The Saudis have shown some decent technique but without going anywhere, and their confidence seemed to dip after the first goal.

It's cigars time now though.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

There's something quite pleasing about a cross coming in and being thunderc**ted into the net by some massive b*****d with his head. Sometimes feel crossing the ball is a dying art.

It was last season when I watched football.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So, Russia maybe a bit better than expected, or Saudi just really, really shite?

This goal difference might come in handy.

Saudi much worse than I expected, and Russia quite a bit better. Seem to have a bit of quality going forward.

Archived