Premier League 2018-19

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've seen this on social media but it looks bollocks to me.

The guy in that picture is wearing a hat that says "Camden Town NW1". None of them are wearing Man U colours. The only ones that do have any colours are clearly tourists wearing half-and-half scarves. The front rows alongside the pitch are often where the tourists end up sitting, for some reason. Maybe they want to be closer to the action, but everyone else knows the view is better further back. I've seen El Classicos in Madrid in which the first three rows have as many Barca tops as Real. 

I don't think any of the folk posing for selfies here are Man U fans at all.

Booooooooooo.

Whether they are Man U fans or not, they are in the home end posing for selfies with an away player. That is the point.

Can you imagine the reaction of some of the home ends in Scotland if this happened?

A hat with Camden Town on it probably means it is more likely they are Man United fans tbqhwy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the two selfiers to be hunted down on social media and hounded for the rest of their lives because of how they choose to spend their leisure time.

Having hypocritically been a tourist at St James Park, Anfield and Camp Nou surrounded by other tourists, it is just not real fitba to me and has a plastic, contrived feel unlike most games in Scotland. It further highlights the diminishing identity of English football.

There are many in this country and around the world who feel differently about the EPL and that is fine too.

I didn't watch the match but I understand Tottenham scored 3 times and Manchester United failed to score.

I am always pleased to see Mourinho exposed after the initial upturn season when he joins a club. Quite often he has clearly stage managed these moments himself. The Portuguese Paul Hartley.

25 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've seen this on social media but it looks bollocks to me.

The guy in that picture is wearing a hat that says "Camden Town NW1". None of them are wearing Man U colours. The only ones that do have any colours are clearly tourists wearing half-and-half scarves. The front rows alongside the pitch are often where the tourists end up sitting, for some reason. Maybe they want to be closer to the action, but everyone else knows the view is better further back. I've seen El Classicos in Madrid in which the first three rows have as many Barca tops as Real. 

I don't think any of the folk posing for selfies here are Man U fans at all.

Oh you meant it was in the home end but not home fans.

How is that any less cringeworthy?

Why do so many people see Zidane as the obvious next choice for United?

His only other job was taking over at a team that contained several of the best players in the world, and he finished 2nd, 1st and 3rd in a league where they hadn't finished outside the top 3 since 2004, and in that time had only finished 3rd once. He has won the CL 3 times in a row, but again, it was with a team that was far better than this United team, and when you look at his signings, how many of them had that much impact?

I'm not sure he would want to join when he doesn't have a transfer window to try to sort it out, and who would want to have clownshoes Woodward trying  to do the deals for you?

Guest Moomintroll
This is only the third English top-flight season ever to see four teams start with 3 wins from 3 ... 
1903-04 (Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Man City, Sheff Utd)
1932-33 (Villa, Derby, WBA, Portsmouth)
2018-19 (Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Watford)
Excellent stat there Rab, cannot believe Man U are 6 points behind Watford after 3 games.

24 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
3 hours ago, Szamo said:
NINTCHDBPICT000429295017.jpg.5869badc3f14320255b74b474c9f50dc.jpg
A selfie with a player who has just scored against your team.
Welcome to The Barclays everyone.

Disgraceful stuff. That league has really sold its soul. Plastic as f**k.

normal at united to be fair

32 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
4 hours ago, Szamo said:
NINTCHDBPICT000429295017.jpg.5869badc3f14320255b74b474c9f50dc.jpg
A selfie with a player who has just scored against your team.
Welcome to The Barclays everyone.

Disgraceful stuff. That league has really sold its soul. Plastic as f**k.

The fanboys will brush it off without an ounce of embarrassment though.

20 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Anyone having a go at EPL fans asking for selfies with opposition players obviously turns a blind eye to the gormless day trippers that turn up at our grounds when we play Rangers/Celtic.

thats a fair point