England v Panama

Cerberus

5 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Jeez, sorry guys, bringing 'Rangers' into the thread was my shout - I apologise profusely.

You should be. It's the World Cup ffs. Although there was some nazi wanting to invade Poland again on another thread, so you're not alone.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've scraped past one poor team and thumped an abysmal one.

I actually really like England's squad, and Southgate seems like a very likeable, down-to-earth guy, but I think they'll get done if they come up against a proper good team.

Can't even use the Belgium game as a benchmark really as both teams are already through, so can't see either of them properly going for it.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

They've scraped past one poor team and thumped an abysmal one.

I actually really like England's squad, and Southgate seems like a very likeable, down-to-earth guy, but I think they'll get done if they come up against a proper good team.

Can't even use the Belgium game as a benchmark really as both teams are already through, so can't see either of them properly going for it.

See the source image

Although, by the time England play, they'll already know who's finished 1st and 2nd in Group H, so presumably both they (and Belgium) will know who they want to face.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Although, by the time England play, they'll already know who's finished 1st and 2nd in Group H, so presumably both they (and Belgium) will know who they want to face.

It'll be interesting if both teams want to lose to avoid Colombia...

Just now, Lurkst said:

It'll be interesting if both teams want to lose to avoid Colombia...

I can't remember where I've read it, but I read somewhere that second place has a potentially much easier route through to the SF rather than finishing first.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

The amount of seethe on this thread is laughable, as a home nation, I hope they do well, but I couldn’t give a Monkey’s if they get passed Belgium or get hammered. If the partisan English press/media/ pundits piss you off that much don’t fuckin follow em.

What do you mean "don't follow them"? 

I was watching Japan v Senegal yesterday and got attacked by ten minutes of chat about England winning the world cup at half time. 

What do you mean "don't follow them"? 

I was watching Japan v Senegal yesterday and got attacked by ten minutes of chat about England winning the world cup at half time. 

Also watched that game, but don’t recall it being spoilt by the England chat at half time let alone feeling ‘attacked’. Seems there’s a contingent who almost yearn to be offended by the exposure England receive at a Tournament none of the other home nations qualified for.

The ABE stuff is tiresome but harmless, but then you’ve got some idiot back up the thread hoping that England were kicked off the park and carted off in the 2nd half. Proper football fans eh!?

The biggest ABE types (a few here) seem genuinely psychologically disturbed. Their level of hatred/racism is undoubtedly the result of decades long build-up of sexual frustration. 

No offence mate but you went on a tirade about a ‘racist’ comment last night that clearly wasn’t and you’ve just gone down the route of of saying everyone who is of an opposing opinion to you must be sexually frustrated.

So I’m fairly certain you’re not winning here.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No offence mate but you went on a tirade about a ‘racist’ comment last night that clearly wasn’t and you’ve just gone down the route of of saying everyone who is of an opposing opinion to you must be sexually frustrated.

So I’m fairly certain you’re not winning here.

I'm always winning

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Imagine wanting you’re closest geographical rivals to get beat. What psychotic, schizophrenic, weirdos we all are.

Are you saying those with mental health issues are "weirdos"?

Archived