What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It may not impact us as we have control over our own policing. But make no mistake. If Labour or the Tories ever gained a foothold in Scotland, it would be happening here as well.

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Quick query: Does this bill exempt undercover agents being prosecuted under Scots law or has that been forgotten about?

Schedule 1 of the Bill makes the amendments to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act 2000.

Whilst policing is devolved, UK national security is not.

It's yet another reason to get out of the UK shitshow.

The forensic human rights lawyer isn't even capable of making a contribution on a bill to legalise state sponsored murder beyond whipping his MPs to abstain. The argument being that they'll lose anyway and don't want to be seen as weak on national security, so they should ignore the principle that the state (Food Standards Agency included) shouldn't be allowed to murder people and police shouldn't be allowed to commit crimes in the course of infiltrating trade unions. Then the Tories obviously hammer them for that weakness because they abstained anyway, which apparently Starmer forensically failed to see coming.

What's the fucking point? He's comfortably both more spineless and incompetent than Miliband.

15 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/06/labour-state-violence-opposition-bill-undercover-agents?fbclid=IwAR3EMFzhGbqdqmb0zZISyasNNN2_R40olVIKGFF0UYDquTPBNUdjkzjCLSE

It may not impact us as we have control over our own policing. But make no mistake. If Labour or the Tories ever gained a foothold in Scotland, it would be happening here as well.

It does happen here, some years back in Inverness we had a drugs bust concerning a few citizens, by intelligence monitoring the drug squad ascertained that one of the women was in a rocky relationship with one of the male suspects, a young undercover officer suddenly appeared at various pubs and parties the young woman attended, soon he became intimate and a confidant for her and you know how it all turned out. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The forensic human rights lawyer isn't even capable of making a contribution on a bill to legalise state sponsored murder beyond whipping his MPs to abstain. The argument being that they'll lose anyway and don't want to be seen as weak on national security, so they should ignore the principle that the state (Food Standards Agency included) shouldn't be allowed to murder people and police shouldn't be allowed to commit crimes in the course of infiltrating trade unions. Then the Tories obviously hammer them for that weakness because they abstained anyway, which apparently Starmer forensically failed to see coming.

What's the fucking point? He's comfortably both more spineless and incompetent than Miliband.

The lesson the Labour Right learned from Corbyn getting in off the back of Labour abstaining on the Welfare Bill is "continue abstaining just make it impossible for someone like Corbyn to get in again". Great party. The left wingers (and Paul Mason) that credulously bought what Starmer was selling are literally the dumbest people alive and shouldn't be allowed to control their own finances for their own good.

Edited by NotThePars

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It does happen here, some years back in Inverness we had a drugs bust concerning a few citizens, by intelligence monitoring the drug squad ascertained that one of the women was in a rocky relationship with one of the male suspects, a young undercover officer suddenly appeared at various pubs and parties the young woman attended, soon he became intimate and a confidant for her and you know how it all turned out. 

You got divorced whilst you were in jail?

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He's too focused on keeping this government On Notice, obviously. We're lucky to have him.

9 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He's too focused on keeping this government On Notice, obviously. We're lucky to have him.

If they cause another 50000 deaths he'll have them on a Personal Improvement Plan and a written warning.

I said ages ago that Starmer couldn't be the next leader because he's a pig but I didn't count on the naivety of the membership. He was DPP for a reason and he's part of a club you don't ever leave. If anyone is actually shocked that a member of the Trilateral Commission is ok with illegal police tactics they button up the back. 

It'll be interesting to see how this goes down with the unions. Unison and GMB are a bad joke but surely this is too much for even them? 

31 minutes ago, sophia said:

You got divorced whilst you were in jail?

The only jail I experienced was a short stay in New Orleans City Jail back when the city was wide open and virtually lawless, btw the two nice arresting police officers seemed to take pleasure in beating the shite out of me, and all for looking for a taxi at 5am in the French Quarter.

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The only jail I experienced was a short stay in New Orleans City Jail back when the city was wide open and virtually lawless, btw the two nice arresting police officers seemed to take pleasure in beating the shite out of me, and all for looking for a taxi at 5am in the French Quarter.

A similar thing happened to Ray Davies of The Kinks. 

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I got jailed in the USofA back in 1998, finished the fishing season in Alaska went round the bars in Anchorage and ended up in one with a lass from Largs pouring us huge whiskys, fell out the local strip bar at stupid o'clock and was picked up sleeping in a doorway, the polis were brand new and put me in the drunk tank where I had to pass a breathalyser in the morning to get out. Passed it on the 3rd go.

Edited by dirty dingus

Yesterday reminded me that Andy burnham is still kicking about. I thought he spoke well - and took a stand against the govt.

He'd have been a relatively centre left leader that would've been much more acceptable to the haters than corbyn was, and yet much more genuine a person than starmer.

Could've been a missed opportunity for Labour.

Edited... He's not someone i agree with on everything, as i was pretty much in agreement with every policy put forward by corbyn - but i think he could've been a genuine contender for prime minister, in a way that corbyn really wasn't (for the English public at large).

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Yesterday reminded me that Andy burnham is still kicking about. I thought he spoke well - and took a stand against the govt.

He'd have been a relatively centre left leader that would've been much more acceptable to the haters than corbyn was, and yet much more genuine a person than starmer.

Could've been a missed opportunity for Labour.

Edited... He's not someone i agree with on everything, as i was pretty much in agreement with every policy put forward by corbyn - but i think he could've been a genuine contender for prime minister, in a way that corbyn really wasn't (for the English public at large).

Someone like Burnham would've been exactly the same as Miliband policy wise and would've only got in on the back of exhaustion with Conservative governance like Starmer might get to in 2024.

Someone like Burnham would've been exactly the same as Miliband policy wise and would've only got in on the back of exhaustion with Conservative governance like Starmer might get to in 2024.
He's got much more charisma than milliband. He'd have connected well with those who don't care much about politics.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

He's got much more charisma than milliband. He'd have connected well with those who don't care much about politics.

I literally said policy wise. Even charisma wise, I kinda get it off how he tries to frame himself but it just smacks of the UK people that are obsessed with the West Wing and their fascination with David Miliband. Someone that generates this headline is going to make an irrevocable tit of himself sooner rather than later.

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 21.49.14.png

Edited by NotThePars