What is the point of Labour ?

pawpar

17 minutes ago, Pauli said:

Ow!  Sickner for the Berger's and Hodges...

Over 200 Jewish members and supporters of the Labour party sign a letter urging that anyone seeking an end to bigotry and racism should back Labour and Corbyn

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/20/jeremy-corbyn-labour-party-crucial-ally-in-fight-against-antisemitism

“We note the worrying growth of populist rightwing parties, encouraging racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism. In Britain the far right is whipping up these prejudices, a threat that requires a resolute and energetic response. But instead we have seen a disproportionate focus on antisemitism on the left, which is abhorrent but relatively rare.”

Mmmm....  That doesn’t quite gel with the ‘I had to leave the Labour Party because anti-Semitism is so wide spread’ narrative.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

“We note the worrying growth of populist rightwing parties, encouraging racism, Islamophobia and antisemitism. In Britain the far right is whipping up these prejudices, a threat that requires a resolute and energetic response. But instead we have seen a disproportionate focus on antisemitism on the left, which is abhorrent but relatively rare.”

Mmmm....  That doesn’t quite gel with the ‘I had to leave the Labour Party because anti-Semitism is so wide spread’ narrative.

It will be interesting to see how much coverage this gets in the msm and especially the BBC.

It was never about the anti semitism it was just a convenient excuse. Corbyn could convert to Judaism and start bulldozing West Bank orphanages and they would still have left.

The Labour Right have lost control of the party. Instead of working together on common interests, they've decided to either destabilise the party or quit it altogether.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It was never about the anti semitism it was just a convenient excuse. Corbyn could convert to Judaism and start bulldozing West Bank orphanages and they would still have left.

The Labour Right have lost control of the party. Instead of working together on common interests, they've decided to either destabilise the party or quit it altogether.

I think I probably believe that as well, which makes the whole 'principled stand' schtick pretty hard to go along with.

I hope George Galloway gets back into labour. Last time I saw him do anything he was sitting beside a Tory under the "better together" banner, wearing a stupid hat, and getting the absolute pish ripped out of him by schoolkids on live TV. More of that please. 

Tom Watson running a campaign to make the Labour Party unelectable if a GE is called.

I’m now convinced he wants kicked out of the Labour Party; maybe he sees himself as a potential leader of the new traitor group.  He will certainly never be leader of the Labour Party.

31 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

North brittania branch leader currently having a car crash on the beeb :lol:

If that's the way he handles himself under the scrutiny of a Holyrood election campaign Labour will be fortunate to finish 3rd

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 hours ago, virginton said:

That's what these f*ckers get for sticking their heads up the Tory arse in 2014....and for encouraging Labour voters to give their votes to the Tories in the last elections.

I hope Labour in Scotland dies a long, painful death.