Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Having done the same where you get the sensational from us beyond me. Unconvincing at best so far with the odd flash of promise. The start is so important and we still don’t look ready IMO especially in CM. Don’t get me wrong it may well gel in time but the horse could well have bolted by then unfortunately. Hope I am wrong but fear mid table mediocrity is where this group will finish. Expect the unexpected though

Mid-table would be an improvement on last season though.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think we can judge these Betfred games at all. Dennon Lewis tweeting One week to go until start of the season.

He’s a new player, I’d imagine knows little about the Importance of this trophy, so we can only assume Hartley  has told the squad these are preparation games for the  league campaign that being the case, we still know little about how we’ll do on Saturday.

When players know the game isn’t important they drop the intensity, effort and commitment - it’s only natural, you don’t want injured in a game that doesn’t matter. All players might be playing at 75%.

I still think we are no closer to finding out how we will do than we were two weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Having done the same where you get the sensational from us beyond me. Unconvincing at best so far with the odd flash of promise. The start is so important and we still don’t look ready IMO especially in CM. Don’t get me wrong it may well gel in time but the horse could well have bolted by then unfortunately. Hope I am wrong but fear mid table mediocrity is where this group will finish. Expect the unexpected though

Absolutely no idea how we will do this season but I don't think that "the horse will have bolted" before we become competitive, assuming that it all doesn't come together in a riot of glorious football on Saturday.

Really don't see any team dominating the league and with the probable exception of Alloa the rest look like they could all take points off each other.

Guest Back Post Misses
Absolutely no idea how we will do this season but I don't think that "the horse will have bolted" before we become competitive, assuming that it all doesn't come together in a riot of glorious football on Saturday.
Really don't see any team dominating the league and with the probable exception of Alloa the rest look like they could all take points off each other.

That is assuming we are competitive, by that I mean top 2/3.

Everyone from Hartley to the CEO has said the target is to get promoted. To do that it is imperative to get off to a decent start and win a min of 4/5 of those first 10 games IMO.

BetFred cup or glorified friendlies however you class them I have not been convinced so far we have the players in the middle of the park especially to get us into that position. Having said that midfield can look better as soon as you get strikers who can hold the ball up allowing you to get up the park. Bringing in Haber should help.

Will be delighted to be proved wrong however.

Guest Back Post Misses
I don’t think we can judge these Betfred games at all. Dennon Lewis tweeting One week to go until start of the season.
He’s a new player, I’d imagine knows little about the Importance of this trophy, so we can only assume Hartley  has told the squad these are preparation games for the  league campaign that being the case, we still know little about how we’ll do on Saturday.
When players know the game isn’t important they drop the intensity, effort and commitment - it’s only natural, you don’t want injured in a game that doesn’t matter. All players might be playing at 75%.
I still think we are no closer to finding out how we will do than we were two weeks ago.

I think introducing Haber was a good move. We were crying out for experience up top. If we could get some legs in midfield it should help too. Defensively we look decent

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think introducing Haber was a good move. We were crying out for experience up top. If we could get some legs in midfield it should help too. Defensively we look decent

Mackin, Lewis and Haber looked like they were happy to be running all over the final third. If we can keep that up, and get the wingers beyond the strikers to stretch the defence out a bit, that should take a bit of pressure off Central midfield. Don't get me wrong, I still would like another creative type in the team, but if not, if we can keep moving the ball at pace, we can do well in most games. If you can't play it artfully, play it fast and keep a hold of it. 

Saturday will be the litmus test for this new team.  Decent crowd in the stadium backing them and Hartley will have a team on the park that is 100% his. I've really no idea up to then what formation or players will be starting so it will be very interesting to see how we line up.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

Mackin, Lewis and Haber looked like they were happy to be running all over the final third. If we can keep that up, and get the wingers beyond the strikers to stretch the defence out a bit, that should take a bit of pressure off Central midfield. Don't get me wrong, I still would like another creative type in the team, but if not, if we can keep moving the ball at pace, we can do well in most games. If you can't play it artfully, play it fast and keep a hold of it. 

With BPM (worryingly). Think we have gotten ourselves to 9/11ths of competitive. Would love a proper box to box midfielder, a right back, and Nelson as the cherry on the cake.

Mackin has been a pleasant surprise, and maybe like Hopkin, didn’t really fit in with the franchise because of behind the scenes nonsense that has always gone on up there. Him and Haber could well be a fearsome combination up front.

My concern is that given what I see around the league, we are easily the equal of most, but we simply aren’t well enough prepared (given the massive changes).

Just got to hope that like a big flywheel, getting the thing up to speed from a standing start is the difficult bit, but once it’s turning, it’s a hard thing to stop. Here’s hoping.

My dream of a first game win might well have to wait for year thirteen.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

With BPM (worryingly). Think we have gotten ourselves to 9/11ths of competitive. Would love a proper box to box midfielder, a right back, and Nelson as the cherry on the cake.

Mackin has been a pleasant surprise, and maybe like Hopkin, didn’t really fit in with the franchise because of behind the scenes nonsense that has always gone on up there. Him and Haber could well be a fearsome combination up front.

My concern is that given what I see around the league, we are easily the equal of most, but we simply aren’t well enough prepared (given the massive changes).

Just got to hope that like a big flywheel, getting the thing up to speed from a standing start is the difficult bit, but once it’s turning, it’s a hard thing to stop. Here’s hoping.

Go have a lie down Dunc, you're clearly not feeling well. We might be ok, frankly at this stage we've no idea what Inverness will be luck, with any luck Hearts have properly broken them. 

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Your never getting another 2 year deal Sheps after this one

I'd go as far to say if we finish anywhere between 1st and 12th, Sheps will be out the door. 

Just now, DeeBairn said:

I'd go as far to say if we finish anywhere between 1st and 12th, Sheps will be out the door. 

I can absolutely guarantee you we will not finish 12th. I will stake everything on that.

Cannot wait for this, from day one of pre-season all the chat was about the first league game of the season so it's time to see what they're made of.

No idea what the team will be but I'd go for

Fasan

McGhee Harrison Dallison Robson

Petra Sammut/Paton Owen-Evans Greenwood

Haber Lewis/Mackin

with the choices between Paton/Sammut and Lewis/Mackin to be Hartley flipping a coin or whatever he's been doing for the cup games. Not sure if Greenwood and Haber are fit to start at the moment though.

Guest Back Post Misses

It worrying that you are worried

Archived