Who is going to win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Falkirk
    • ICT
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/18 at 10:08

Cannot wait for this, from day one of pre-season all the chat was about the first league game of the season so it's time to see what they're made of.
No idea what the team will be but I'd go for

Fasan

McGhee Harrison Dallison Robson

Petra Sammut/Paton Owen-Evans Greenwood

Haber Lewis/Mackin

with the choices between Paton/Sammut and Lewis/Mackin to be Hartley flipping a coin or whatever he's been doing for the cup games. Not sure if Greenwood and Haber are fit to start at the moment though.
I think the choice will be between Haber and Lewis. Mackin got a brace at the weekend and watching the highlights he looked like a threat to them so I can't see him being dropped.

Like you say, Greenwood and Haber might not be fit to start as Hartley has already mentioned they're behind. If the reserves have a friendly mid week I'd hope both would play in that

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I reckon that the Hearts debacle will be bad news for the Bairns. There is nothing more fearsome than a wounded Highlander.

Actually lol’d. You brightened up my night with this comedy. Fair play.

I'm going into this game expecting to lose and then anything better than that will be a bonus. we never win our opening games, and I've been underwhelmed by what I've seen in the 3 games ive seen us.

that said we were told these were glorified friendlies, we've added haber, Irving and Greenwood since then and I do believe we have a decent defence in the making. my concern is that I think Hartleys best 11 and mine aren't the same. I hope we go with Muirhead over Harrison, robson over brough and I'm not a great fan of Paton (so far).

last year I was very optimistic of winning the league with our front 4 of loy hippo Austin and sibbald and we all know how that turned out so tempering my enthusiasm deliberately thus season and quitely hoping for better

on a final note does anyone else not feel attached to the side for the first time? I've always had at least 1 or 2 players who've felt like falkirk guys (one of our own ex academy or love the club or fans) this year with so many changes there is no connection yet. previously and recently it's been guys like sibbald leahy vaulks Alston. looking for a currently unknown hero to step out the shadows and fill the void....

I'm going into this game expecting to lose and then anything better than that will be a bonus. we never win our opening games, and I've been underwhelmed by what I've seen in the 3 games ive seen us.

that said we were told these were glorified friendlies, we've added haber, Irving and Greenwood since then and I do believe we have a decent defence in the making. my concern is that I think Hartleys best 11 and mine aren't the same. I hope we go with Muirhead over Harrison, robson over brough and I'm not a great fan of Paton (so far).

last year I was very optimistic of winning the league with our front 4 of loy hippo Austin and sibbald and we all know how that turned out so tempering my enthusiasm deliberately thus season and quitely hoping for better

on a final note does anyone else not feel attached to the side for the first time? I've always had at least 1 or 2 players who've felt like falkirk guys (one of our own ex academy or love the club or fans) this year with so many changes there is no connection yet. previously and recently it's been guys like sibbald leahy vaulks Alston. looking for a currently unknown hero to step out the shadows and fill the void....
His name is Dallison. Plays from the heart. I feel hero in the making

Being a Highlander, albeit a temporary one is emotionally infectious and those who open up their hearts become modern day Jacobites. Being a central belter makes you more prone to infections and more prone to lovebites and related diseases - e.g - Eilidh, Strath karen and Deebairn.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

You lot are getting fucked by Hartley's Heroes. Might as well relax, spread them and try to enjoy it.

We are real men - Are you suggesting that such sexual activity is common amongst Bairn supporters ? Or are you again referring to Eilidh and Starth Karen ?

my concern is that I think Hartleys best 11 and mine aren't the same

I don't think there is a best 11 to be fair. I think the starting 11 will depend who were up against and how we need to play

I think the emotional detachment is a fair point actually.
If the players perform I think that will quickly disappear.
I also think that given the situation the majority of support will give them a little more time than usual before drawing conclusions on their respective abilities.
However, given the detachment from an all new team, god help them all, and Hartley, if they turn out to be a bunch of duffers.
Financially too, a poor team will be a disaster for the club for a few years to come.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the emotional detachment is a fair point actually.
If the players perform I think that will quickly disappear.
I also think that given the situation the majority of support will give them a little more time than usual before drawing conclusions on their respective abilities.
However, given the detachment from an all new team, god help them all, and Hartley, if they turn out to be a bunch of duffers.
Financially too, a poor team will be a disaster for the club for a few years to come.

I really wouldn't be so sure about our support giving them time. The team will be booed off the pitch at half time on Saturday if we're a goal down.

I really wouldn't be so sure about our support giving them time. The team will be booed off the pitch at half time on Saturday if we're a goal down.

Exactly. A large number of the support very happy to boo off the team at half time against Forfar. Those fans won't have developed a brain between then and now

Well ICT have their fair share of Boo boys as well. I am simply putting it down to "a bad day at the office". We got our tactics wrong, we put out the wrong formation BUT we were holding our own before we were blitzed by - lets say three well fashioned and executed goals. The League has to be our focus. Some people are asking for wholesale changes BUT we don't have the squad to do that. Would like to see how the others would change it around for Falkirk. Me I would drop Rooney, replace at full back with Brad McKay and bring McCart into the middle with Donaldson. Up front I would pair White and Austin. I suspect that White would be much better with a player up beside him and Austin must surely have a point to prove. An alternative which will not happen YET is to pair up Austin and wee Danny McKay. Now midfield is the problem area. Doran has clearly got to be given time and space to be the playmaker but he has to do a lot more work as well. He looked good but was static at Tynie. It probably will not happen but I would go for Calder and Walsh wide and Doran and Polly in the middle. One sitting (probably Doran) and Polly in a roving role. That also means a high line defence. SO ??

RIDGERS

McKAY  McCART  DONALDSON  TREMARCO

CALDER  DORAN  POLWORTH  WALSH

WHITE  AUSTIN

Exactly. A large number of the support very happy to boo off the team at half time against Forfar. Those fans won't have developed a brain between then and now 
There were boos at half time against Montrose. 45 minutes into our first competative game, you couldn't make it up !!!

48 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

To watch us losing do I pay at the gate, do I pick up a ticket from some feckin kiosk or even worse do I have to pre-order ? Remember when going to a fitba match was simple ??

Depends on whether we're bothering opening the south stand for you or not. Frankly if you ask me its a waste of money and resources if we do.

Archived