The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

A solid mix of "who?", "Rhona Cameron's still alive?", and "Jim Davidson's still making enough from the Army that he could afford to turn this down?"
From what I've seen, it's a heady mix of punching down, and desperation to be a victim of people who genuinely experience prejudice.
Saw someone say that the general reaction of people who like modern right-wing comedy isn't so much, "ha, that's so funny" but "ha, that'll really GIRU some straw man that I invented".

Aye they have a tendency to invent someone they’re mad at then ruin the joke by getting too mad midway through

Is PJW still kicking a baw? Been a good while since I’ve seen him step on every rake within a 600 mile radius, and then follow it up by extending the radius to 800 miles.

Possibly the lowest hanging fruit in the “laughing at right wing wannabe broadcasters” older guard (harwood, grimes, etc being a newer breed), but it’s still so fucking enjoyable.

On 22/01/2022 at 17:11, KingRocketman II said:

only two I know there are Ian Stone and Rhona Cameron. The latter is, or was, an SNP or at least an indy supporter. Not heard her material though so no idea if she does political comedy. Ian Stone used to be regularly on Alan Davies The Tuesday Club podcast but started doing more and more of his own football/sport stuff on BT with a panel show and think he also now has his own podcast. Jewish, quite liberal but don't find him very funny - had an annoying propensity for mentioning his son Alexander every 15 mins or so when on The Tuesday Club.  

ETA - the guy with the beard second from the left looks familiar and the guy far left looks like someone I used to work with...

Guy with the beard did a live at the appollo or something when he was clean shaven. Most of his act was about how he had tiny eyes. Don't remember anything political from him but have heard that he's gone that way. 

On 23/01/2022 at 18:22, J_Stewart said:

Is PJW still kicking a baw? Been a good while since I’ve seen him step on every rake within a 600 mile radius, and then follow it up by extending the radius to 800 miles.

Possibly the lowest hanging fruit in the “laughing at right wing wannabe broadcasters” older guard (harwood, grimes, etc being a newer breed), but it’s still so fucking enjoyable.

I hope so.

The series of tweets where he went to a fancy restaurant in Texas and spent the whole time complaining that the food was too fancy was sensational. Culminating in this belter.

On this side of the Atlantic, we have this happening in my city

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60190452

Our Conservative party has been lining up to support these guys, some of whom are wandering around with Nazi and Confederate flags, pissing on our national war memorial and intimidating staff at a homeless shelter (among other things). 

The endless cacaphony of truck and car horns is tiring, and I am frustrated that these arseholes are taking over the city and blocking people in their homes. 

On 30/01/2022 at 21:09, senorsoupe said:

On this side of the Atlantic, we have this happening in my city

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60190452

Our Conservative party has been lining up to support these guys, some of whom are wandering around with Nazi and Confederate flags, pissing on our national war memorial and intimidating staff at a homeless shelter (among other things). 

The endless cacaphony of truck and car horns is tiring, and I am frustrated that these arseholes are taking over the city and blocking people in their homes. 

Odd to fly flags of two causes that in the end led to an ass kicking and utter destruction- Nazi Germany and The Confederacy. Why not throw in the Imperial Japanese flag too for good measure?

32 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Odd to fly flags of two causes that in the end led to an ass kicking and utter destruction- Nazi Germany and The Confederacy. Why not throw in the Imperial Japanese flag too for good measure?

These are not the brightest of people.  They presented a manifesto to the government, which was basically to have the Governor-General dissolve parliament and set up a committee of senators (appointed like members of the house of Lords) and er, truckers, to run the country and get rid of all COVID mandates, most of which are set by provincial governments..

BBC late as always - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60261876

"Comedian Jimmy Carr has sparked outrage for a routine about the Holocaust in his latest Netflix stand-up special.

Carr has been described as "truly disturbing" for making light of the murders of hundreds of thousands of people from Europe's traveller communities during World War Two."

"Carr's programme, titled His Dark Material, was released on the streaming platform on Christmas Day, and he introduced that part of his routine as being "a career ender".