The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you think Rangers fans are expressing their love for the Israeli state, or are just having a go at Celtic fans and their habit of waving Palestinian flags? 

There's a long history of support for Rangers amongst Glasgow's Jews which certainly predates the G&Gs jumping on the Palestine bandwagon.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yeah, I think if they want to piss off the National Fronty Chelsea types the Israeli flag is a better bet.

:lol: if they want to show their support for Zionists then the Zionist flag is certainly a better option.

Maybe they should just support their team instead.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re struggling to keep your position straight and you accuse me of whataboutery.  :lol:  You mention chants of Yid Army and I said maybe they should keep religion out of football.

Also you still haven’t clarified why support for “Jewishness” is the same as support for Israel.  Though probably that’s because there is no justifiable clarification.

I am pretty sure we were discussing why Spurs supporters wave Israeli flags, as an adjunct to a discussion about George Galloway’s tweet. What Spurs supporters should be doing doesn’t come into it, nor does Celtic and Sevco which came waaaay out of left field. 

I personally dislike the Israeli state’s policies however I am always suspicious of people like you who froth at the mouth at the mere mention of the state of Israel but who couldn’t give nearly as much of a f**k about any other peoples across the world being oppressed or denied a nation state. Maybe Israel are held to a higher standard because they purport to be a modern democracy, however I don’t think that’s always it.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

:lol: if they want to show their support for Zionists then the Zionist flag is certainly a better option.

Maybe they should just support their team instead.

Just now, The OP said:

I am pretty sure we were discussing why Spurs supporters wave Israeli flags, as an adjunct to a discussion about George Galloway’s tweet. What Spurs supporters should be doing doesn’t come into it.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

:lol: you don't have a leg to stand on.

I’m not even arguing a point against you, just telling you stuff in response to questions and making you google “Yiddish flag”.

Edited by The OP

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

I am pretty sure we were discussing why Spurs supporters wave Israeli flags, as an adjunct to a discussion about George Galloway’s tweet. What Spurs supporters should be doing doesn’t come into it, nor does Celtic and Sevco which came waaaay out of left field. 

I personally dislike the Israeli state’s policies however I am always suspicious of people like you who froth at the mouth at the mere mention of the state of Israel but who couldn’t give nearly as much of a f**k about any other peoples across the world being oppressed or denied a nation state. Maybe Israel are held to a higher standard because they purport to be a modern democracy, however I don’t think that’s always it.

:lol:  Yeah, people like me are the problem.

Galloway is an arsehole but those quick to criticise him are reluctant to respond to simple questions.
Maybe [mention=30544]J_Stewart[/mention] can explain how waiving an Israeli flag can be interpreted as something other than support for Israel.

The OP and Welshbairn have covered it, but there is zero connection between Tottenham Hotspur football club and Israel or their foreign policy. A few fans using visual aids to repatriate the “yids” slur that was directed at them for decades doesn’t change that, so explain to me how Spurs winning would have led to “the Israeli flag on the cup”? You can’t, because it wouldn’t.

What Galloway has done, being the anti-Semitic cretin that he is, is used the historical connection between Tottenham Hotspur and Judaism to have a dig at the Israeli state, but as there is zero connection between the two, what he’s essentially said is “thank f**k the Jews didn’t win it”, and I have absolutely no doubt that’s what he wanted to say too.

I’d assume Galloway thought he was being crafty and sly, but he’s not nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is, and has quite rightly been called out for it. He’s been censured for similar comments on at least three occasions this year alone, and there are multiple stories of ex-employees quitting due to his and his “Respect” cronies bigotry. The man is quite simply an anti-Semite.

I vehemently disagree with the actions of the Israeli state and their policies, but I have the ability to differentiate between that and general practicers of the Jewish faith. Galloway has shown on multiple occasions that he doesn’t.

5 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

The OP and Welshbairn have covered it, but there is zero connection between Tottenham Hotspur football club and Israel or their foreign policy. A few fans using visual aids to repatriate the “yids” slur that was directed at them for decades doesn’t change that, so explain to me how Spurs winning would have led to “the Israeli flag on the cup”? You can’t, because it wouldn’t.

What Galloway has done, being the anti-Semitic cretin that he is, is used the historical connection between Tottenham Hotspur and Judaism to have a dig at the Israeli state, but as there is zero connection between the two, what he’s essentially said is “thank f**k the Jews didn’t win it”, and I have absolutely no doubt that’s what he wanted to say too.

I’d assume Galloway thought he was being crafty and sly, but he’s not nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is, and has quite rightly been called out for it. He’s been censured for similar comments on at least three occasions this year alone, and there are multiple stories of ex-employees quitting due to his and his “Respect” cronies bigotry. The man is quite simply an anti-Semite.

I vehemently disagree with the actions of the Israeli state and their policies, but I have the ability to differentiate between that and general practicers of the Jewish faith. Galloway has shown on multiple occasions that he doesn’t.

Tottenham fans wave Zionist flags but there's zero connection between Tottenham Hotspur FC and the Zionist terror state.

That's some rabbit hole you're in.

And you clearly don't understand what anti-Semitism is.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

There's a long history of support for Rangers amongst Glasgow's Jews which certainly predates the G&Gs jumping on the Palestine bandwagon.

Pish! I went to school with Jewish kids in the late 70s and none of them supported the original Rangers. The team was a ”Proddie” team then too.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Repatriate?

2 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Pish! I went to school with Jewish kids in the late 70s and none of them supported the original Rangers. The team was a ”Proddie” team then too.

If you use the phrase, "the original Rangers" then you're clearly a moron and any views that you might have are immediately discredited.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

If you use the phrase, "the original Rangers" then you're clearly a moron and any views that you might have are immediately discredited.

What’s the correct term; dead Rangers?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not really. I did go to school with Jewish kids in the late 70s and none of them supported Rangers (deceased). My views remain credible.