Queens v Ayr

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
We played him too far up the pitch apparently. Much better as a holding midfielder? Who knew? :blink:

Holding midfielder, does that translate to be canny be aresed to run?

Lol

Yeah, he sits in front of the back 4 or in the centre circle spraying passes. Makes the odd tackle but doesn't have to run!

^Disclaimer, I don't think I've seen him play since he left Ayr. I'm going on what a Morton fan at work says.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

The more I think about it I'm pretty sure the big farmer will be playing.

Canny believe the Farmer is only 30 seems to have been around for a long time he may have been young when he was at Queens, was he not playing for Wigtown & Bladnoch not that long ago after serious injury? 

52 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Lol

Yeah, he sits in front of the back 4 or in the centre circle spraying passes. Makes the odd tackle but doesn't have to run!

^Disclaimer, I don't think I've seen him play since he left Ayr. I'm going on what a Morton fan at work says.

He was played out of position at Ayr majority of the time. I always thought he got in the way of Paddy Boyle with his sluggishness. 

Our best holding player just now would be the Moff, on Seeing Harkins play for Ayr, I don't think he's anywhere near Moff standard. I think Harkins should imo be an attacking midfield player, good shots on goal, just lacks the ability to run. 

Dobbie however, might be a royal pain in the Arse. Rose could prove his worth, Adams, if played on that horrific plastic stuff, might have a hard job. Dobbie is Very technically gifted, different to what any other team Ayrs faced has had so far this season.

Canny believe the Farmer is only 30 seems to have been around for a long time he may have been young when he was at Queens, was he not playing for Wigtown & Bladnoch not that long ago after serious injury? 
He was, pretty sure he had spent 2 or 3 years out of the game recovering prior to playing for them. Arrived at Ayr a few years back and quickly became a fans favourite. Good lad

14 minutes ago, AuAl said:
30 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

He was, pretty sure he had spent 2 or 3 years out of the game recovering prior to playing for them. Arrived at Ayr a few years back and quickly became a fans favourite. Good lad

I really liked him when he was on loan with us. Looked to have a great future ahead of him but sadly blighted by serious injury.  He`ll be very welcome next week but hopefully Dobbie will get the upper hand. Given his injuries and his time out of the  game he`s done brilliantly to be doing so well at this level again.

How come Harkins was so shite for us eh?
Possibly the 10 donkeys around him pulled him down to their level?

Has the makings of a good game. The division's in form strikers on the same park should result in plenty of goals. If Dobbie plays like today then Ayr's 'keeper will have plenty to do. We were solid today but we're still shaky at set-pieces so a clean sheet is something I never expect.

It'll be interesting to see how Ayr respond after their first league defeat. Hopefully it's us that dish it out.

Dobbs and Shankland both to score in a boring 0-0.

After my recent bashing of Dobbie I'm now expecting him to run riot and score 10 goals prompting Skyline Drifter and other QOTS fans to laugh at my expense. 

However Shankland will score 11 and we'll still win. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

After my recent bashing of Dobbie I'm now expecting him to run riot and score 10 goals prompting Skyline Drifter and other QOTS fans to laugh at my expense. 

However Shankland will score 11 and we'll still win. 

On this subject I really liked that Ian McCall acknowledged the Dobbie/Shankland shoot-out in his post match interview today. As such I`m going  for a 1-0 win for us in a turgid affair with a 97th minute goal from Harkins ;)

Fucking hell you are depressing. We have just won an away league game convincingly despite injuries, squad depth and lack of money. Today, at least, you could be a bit more optimistic and hopeful and enjoy supporting your club. We won and won well. Lets enjoy it.

This

Gutted to be missing this one, no idea what QOTS are like but anythings possible with Dobbie in your team, another game that looks a stick on for over 3.5 goals.

Archived