Dons vs Killie

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Hmmm 3 match ban would rule Devlin out against rasellik (I have no idea if he has previous) so we could be without any real CD against them emoji848.png

Doubt there’s any point appealing it

It's only a one-match ban for denying a goalscoring opportunity (and it's only two for violent conduct or serious foul play).

18 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Unless its an empty net a shot from 25 yards out is hardly a goal scoring opportunity.

I haven't seen the red card from this afternoon yet, but if a player has a free run at goal from any distance then that is a goalscoring opportunity. Emilio Izaguirre got sent off for one about 80 yards from goal in the 2011 League Cup final.

Can’t believe Thompson today.

Him and his assistant in front of the South have me fully triggered after missing that handball then giving a nothing free kick that Killie scored from.

It is poor defending from Devlin, but Brophy did seem to throw himself down very easily. I thought Logan perhaps had a chance of covering across, although I'd probably need to see it again to be sure. I expected Thomson to go for yellow, but I wasn't totally shocked that it was red.

There looked to be a fairly blatant handball by O'Donnell in the build-up to Brophy's free-kick goal, so the officials haven't exactly endeared themselves to the home crowd.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I haven't seen the red card from this afternoon yet, but if a player has a free run at goal from any distance then that is a goalscoring opportunity. Emilio Izaguirre got sent off for one about 80 yards from goal in the 2011 League Cup final.

Thats not what i was referring to. The other boy described a shot you had from 25 yards later in the game as a goal scoring opportunity which is a bit much as you would never really describe someone not scoring from long range as missing a chance/opportunity etc.

Watched Sportscene at half time.
The Deacon Blue drummer is in charge.
Pundits were James McFadden, Stephen Thompson, Scott Macdonald and Julie Fleeting, I think.
Between the 4 of them who’ve seen the red it seems like, Brophy fouled Devlin first, probably wasn’t even a foul, Devlin could easily have recovered so no red and that the ref was way too fast getting the card out so itching to show red.

Given how few Dons have scored against 11 this season I’ve little hope of a recovery. This is ideal for Steve Clarke, he’s a sharp fella and will see this out at least.

Archived