People who are touchy

There's a lassie at work called Elizabeth who goes into a strop when folk inadvertently call her Liz.

Then there's this other c**t who doesn't like it when folk say 'take care'.

Then there are multiple c***s who go in a huff when people get their names wrong/mixed up - it happens - it's not a slight.

f**k is the matter with these c***s?

I often wonder how these p***ks would cope if something actually bad happened.

Do other readers have similarly touchy c***s in their lives?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a wifey in my work called Cheryl, but the ch is pronounced the way you pronounce chips.

When someone, who doesn't know her, pronounces it 'Sheryl' she nearly bites their head off.   It's her own fault for wanting her name pronounced like that, the fud.

Knew a postie once who was the nicest guy you could ever meet out on his round but in the sorting office he was a mental case. He was pretty OCD and couldn't stand mis-sorts arriving in his bundles of mail. He would start shouting and banging and turning even redder (He was a ginge).

Of course, being at the sorting desk next to him I used to make sure he got plenty of mis-sorts and managed to look angelically innocent when he found them.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There's a wifey in my work called Cheryl, but the ch is pronounced the way you pronounce chips.

When someone, who doesn't know her, pronounces it 'Sheryl' she nearly bites their head off.   It's her own fault for wanting her name pronounced like that, the fud.

At least they’re nearly right, I’ve been called by my sons name for 20 years, I can’t be arsed picking people up on it 

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Wasn't sure if this thread was going to be about needlessly crabbit b*****ds, or folk who feel the need to break the touch barrier.

Both of them can f**k off tbh.

I was in a takeaway a few weeks back, reading the paper waiting on my food, when some drunk middle-aged bint felt the need to touch my hair.

I got a bit of a fright, to be honest (I don't like touching me and I wasn't expecting it) and recoiled, then asked her why she'd done that. She then went off on one as if I was the one in the wrong. Er, no, I'm not the one touching folk without their permission.

I was in a takeaway a few weeks back, reading the paper waiting on my food, when some drunk middle-aged bint felt the need to touch my hair.
I got a bit of a fright, to be honest (I don't like touching me and I wasn't expecting it) and recoiled, then asked her why she'd done that. She then went off on one as if I was the one in the wrong. Er, no, I'm not the one touching folk without their permission.
Aye. Defo wouldnt like that. Tbh I think I have got a bit of a complex that I have built up into more than it should be over the years. Anyone other than my wife or kids touching me makes me quite uncomfortable. I can get past it for friends/family but not anyone else.

Just keep an arms length away from me and we will be fine.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I find people who are touchy aren't a bit slow when criticising others.

"Don't do as I do, do as I bid you do" syndrome.

Snowflake Syndrome, folk seething wherever meeting a challenge.

Archived