People who are touchy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who chose to be called in a certain way usually end up getting called what they don’t want to be at work unless they are higher up.

A fellow apprentice didn’t want to be called Dave so obviously we gave it “awrite Dave” from only fools for months. I progressed into Rodney or Uncle Albert impressions or anything related. Just get called whatever, does it matter?

23 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

People who chose to be called in a certain way usually end up getting called what they don’t want to be at work unless they are higher up.

A fellow apprentice didn’t want to be called Dave so obviously we gave it “awrite Dave” from only fools for months. I progressed into Rodney or Uncle Albert impressions or anything related. Just get called whatever, does it matter?

Apparently squaddies used to call the Falkland Islanders "Bennies" because they dressed like the character from Crossroads. The locals objected so the order went out to stop calling them Bennies. The squaddies now call the locals "Stills", as in they're still Bennies. 

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Apparently squaddies used to call the Falkland Islanders "Bennies" because they dressed like the character from Crossroads. The locals objected so the order went out to stop calling them Bennies. The squaddies now call the locals "Stills", as in they're still Bennies. 

The Penguin shaggers  should have called the squaddies Bennetts for obvious reasons.

On 04/09/2018 at 11:58, heedthebaa said:

At least they’re nearly right, I’ve been called by my sons name for 20 years, I can’t be arsed picking people up on it 

I've met your son but I didn't realise you had another son called auld c*nt... :lol:

my old boss was groomed (steady now) by his father inlaw to take over the family business. he liked to strut around the warehouse acting the big man despite literally not having a fucking clue what he was doing and generally being a complete p***k. of course, given that he was a complete p***k, we all liked to have little, subtle digs at him him and he would regularly go heads gone and storm to the upstairs office to pout.

im aware this was rather cruel but given what an absolute cock he was day to day was absolutely merited.

eta - to give you an example of just how disgusting he could be our warehouse recieved a delivery from Walkers that was not placed by us and not invoiced. he took the order and proceeded to sell them. plain and utter theft

25 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Use to hate that droll faced little turd.

I remember being really annoyed that they interupted my viewing of an episode of Touche Turtle to announce the Engagement of Lady Diana Spencer to Prince Charles

So I was heartened by news from Paris 16 years later 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I remember being really annoyed that they interupted my viewing of an episode of Touche Turtle to announce the Engagement of Lady Diana Spencer to Prince Charles

So I was heartened by news from Paris 16 years later 

I was interrupted by the Paris news while watching a Jackie Chan film on channel 4. They didn't just do a newsflash; they started rolling coverage and the film didn't come back on. I never did see the end and now I've forgotten which film it was. Nice one Phil. I hope you and the reptoids are happy now.

Archived